What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Guess the attendance for Cu vs. Sac. State

sockdolager

Club Member
Club Member
With the cinderella season our football team is having I fear we are going to struggle to fill the events center. Will the diehard football fan who adopted the basketball team during the football dark years continue being a basketball fan?

Non-conference attendance numbers from the last four seasons are below. We look to have possibly our best team in the Tad era this year but will attendance continue it's downward trajectory?

2015-16: 62,966 (7,871)
2014-15: 66,468 (9,495)
2013-14: 84,133 (9,348)
2012-13: 61,513 (10,252)

My guess: 7500

Last edited:
plus: Friday nights have been surprisingly good for CU hoops attendance.
minus: Sacramento State
plus: CU fans are energized for athletics
minus: CU fans are still focused on football
plus: votes in preseason poll
minus: picked to finish pretty far down in Pac

Thinking 8000 or so. I will be there Friday and am pumped to see this team hit the floor. I am one of those that was thankful we had Tad and the hoops program as we were in the depths of a decade of bad football. I will not be walking away from it at all. Best sports value in the Denver metro area in my opinion.

I was gonna post this tomorrow but you beat me to it. You all have to remember this, which is very important: the number of students who actually show up for a basketball game is what counts. They don't automatically count the section as being full like basketball.

Since this game isn't over break, I think we'll get a decent amount.

Sacramento State is not a general public draw. Most would be shocked college basketball is back. I'll guess 7200. I'll be there.

I know I'll be there. So pumped for this season. The football success just raises the general excitement. I'm expecting the student section to be wild this year.
I don't think I have talked to anyone that even knew there was a game on Friday. We will see...

I don't think I have talked to anyone that even knew there was a game on Friday. We will see...

I've been a rabid CU fan for close to 40 years. I've witnessed many highs and lows for the both basketball and football teams. Rarely have the highs coincided with both.

Over the past decade or so, certainly for all of Tad's tenure, I've been nearly 100% focused on MBB by mid-October.

I am ashamed to say that this season, I've only casually followed the MBB program so far, at least compared to my usual enthusiasm. I'll be out of the state this weekend, so I won't be at the game, but I still don't find myself counting down the hours to tipoff like I normally would.

I'll be listening to MJ on iheart (doubt they'll have P12 in NOLA), and I'm anticipating that I'll flip that switch the moment the game tips off, but I'm not quite there yet.

So much to be excited about this season. I'm truly ashamed. I'm guessing that I'm not the only one in this boat however.

Wait...I just heard the rumblings of a deranged buffalo. I may be with you all in a few hours!

http://rumblinbuff.blogspot.com

Last edited:
You people are hilarious. With the amount of season tickets sold a lot of the numbers you're putting out there are just not possible.

so, I just went to the CU ticketing website for basketball, clicked on the link labeled "BUY" under "Men's Basketball" and got "there are no events or items on sale at this time". I was able to get to single games by hitting the "here" for try again though.

website ticketing issues won't help.

I did NOT count the green dots
Untitled.png

You people are hilarious. With the amount of season tickets sold a lot of the numbers you're putting out there are just not possible.
Do you know if we just use our buffcard for getting in like we used to, or are they giving us the tickets on our phones like football?

Picked a thread to drop this in: season ticket holders can get a free clear bag, starting at 6:00 above section 2.

Back