What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

How happy are you with the 2023 CU football season overall?

How happy are you with the 2023 CU football season overall?

• Very happy

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Somewhat happy

Votes: 56 58.3%
  • Somewhat unhappy

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • Very unhappy

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before the season, I said that four wins with this schedule would be amazing. So by that standard, the season was amazing.

Of course, when you start 3-0, expectations change a little. But the standard is the standard, so I go back to that.

Here's the thing with college football: The highs are never meant to last. Even Alabama fans have diminishing returns on their decade plus at the top.

So it's good to enjoy the highs when they reveal themselves and bask in their pleasure. The lows will always come - it's part of the game.

From that perspective, the high of those first three weeks was unprecedented. I've never been part of something like that as a fan (it was a different thing than the 1990 season). If you measure a season by the high of the highs, then damn, that was a great season.

And then there was the feeling in Folsom this season. It looked different and felt different. The students were out of their ****ing minds.

That was a fun season.
I like your take on it. Season tickets and games sold out. Student section sold out and full. National media attention for the first time in what seems forever.

But most of all….. we continued our win streak over Nebraska!

He’s talking about a coaching blind spot for the OL. Also, it’s never been a level playing field in CFB.

We didnt really upgrade our OL talent. Some here insist we actually downgraded it thru the portal. Its pretty hard to coach up talent limited players.

I know it was never a level field. But its a lot less level now with money starting to flow directly to players. Smaller schools like CU had a chance under the old system to hire a good recruiting coach (McCartney, Prime) and turn the tide by building a pool of good talent and then recruiting a difference maker or two and delivering the best chance to get a guy to the NFL. Even Prime has said we need to come up with the money to get some kids.

So lets say we come up with $100k to get a stud OL. There a dozen FSU boosters that have that kind of pocket change to make it $200k. Were about to enter the wild west from what it sounds like.

Last edited:
It was great becoming relevant again. Being the center of the CFB universe was surreal. All was glorious until 2H against Stanford. We lost our edge after that debacle and came back to earth. Overall, it was bittersweet, but vastly improved. We need more players and the coaching staff has to be much more aware of in game situations. Looking forward to ‘24, GO BUFFS! 🦬🦬

If everything that happened in the first month of the season could somehow have been spread over the entire season I don't think there's any reasonable way to call the season anything short of a pretty huge success. We're talking about a team that got blown out in 11 games last year and came very close to going 0-12, and the following of the program was at an all time low. We're also talking about a team that had Gameday come to campus, plus had Fox Big Noon Kickoff... what, three times? The Rock came to one of our games for God's sake. We were the toast of the entirety of college football and had about 10,000x the media coverage we've experienced in the past decade condensed into about 6 months. For a while there, it felt like we were in on the short list of every major recruit in the country, we got a couple of them to commit, and we'll surely get a couple more before all is said and done.

Yeah, the Stanford game was a backbreaker and totally ruined the season, and emotionally to have started so hot then fall so far leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth understandably. We should have gone bowling and we didn't, and there's plenty to worry about in terms of Prime's game management and management of coaching personnel, but it would absolutely make a lot more sense for this team to be bowling and contending for a conference title next year than it would for them to fall straight off a cliff, and that absolutely works for me as the downstream impact of a pretty great season, all things considered.

I hit somewhat happy. Should have won the Stanford game and at least one more (most likely AZ but Utah ended up being a possibility as did USC). Somewhat happy because we did win games we were not supposed to and we did get 4 wins. Building blocks to work with as we turn the page. I am talking myself into somewhat unhappy as I type this....should have been bowling.

Somewhat happy:

This is a brand new team due to the transfer portal and being competitive in most games in addition to the four wins is a positive sign for the program. Coach Prime knows what he needs and he is someone who has proven that he will put in the work towards being successful.

The Pac-12 was loaded this season and keep that in mind. The Big 12 isn't going to be easy either but CU should manage a bowl game. Shooting for the conference crown is still a bit much given how many Big 12 teams including the four new teams have contended for conference championships and double digit win seasons. Just get me a bowl game and I'm good.

Bet against Coach Prime at your own peril.

Loved the excitement to start the season. Being relevant and everyone was watching us was Allsome. Starting the long tailspin that we could see cuming to end the season was a drag. I would feel better if we had some positives towards the end of season. Anytime we beat the nubs is great. anytime we beat the sheep it's great. But I want more before I am to old to enjoy.

Back