What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

I really hate the Denver sports media

Yes, Adam Munsterteiger, who publishes the 247 Buff site. However, his "access" isn't what it used to be, which is to be expected with the way CP runs the media.

But yes, Adam is very credible, has legitimate sources but will never abuse or lose their trust, so he can sometimes be overly careful with what he divulges, but has also shown the willingness to be critical of certain things, mostly on the field play or game management stuff.
I really appreciate your response here, as I know you follow the sports media really close.

Munsterteiger is actually one of the reporters I perceive has been the most disparaged on this site, specifically over access, but my memory may be off, or a small, vocal minority of posters may have left me with an incorrect perception. I know a lot of Allbuffs members seem to hold his credibility in high regard and don't question that (even though I do have an impression that several Allbuffs members have a personal relationship with him).

I really appreciate your response here, as I know you follow the sports media really close.

Munsterteiger is actually one of the reporters I perceive has been the most disparaged on this site, but my memory may be off, or a small, vocal minority of posters may have left me with an incorrect perception.
Not to my recollection, but maybe there are some who do it. Adam is very professional with the way he covers the program. He's had more access in the past, likely because he had relationships inside the SID office and he, Howell and Woelk were used to release some information. Obviously, one of Prime's biggest things is media and controlling the narrative. CP also has close friends in the national media and has leveraged those relationships moreso than the local media, which has all lead to less scoop from Adam, Brian, etc.

There are posters on 247 who are criticizing Adam for not posting information on the coordinator search, recruiting commitments, portal activity, etc. They are literally telling him they are paying customers and are not getting the inside information they are paying for. It's quite embarrassing for those individuals, IMO.

Not to my recollection, but maybe there are some who do it. Adam is very professional with the way he covers the program. He's had more access in the past, likely because he had relationships inside the SID office and he, Howell and Woelk were used to release some information. Obviously, one of Prime's biggest things is media and controlling the narrative. CP also has close friends in the national media and has leveraged those relationships moreso than the local media, which has all lead to less scoop from Adam, Brian, etc.

There are posters on 247 who are criticizing Adam for not posting information on the coordinator search, recruiting commitments, portal activity, etc. They are literally telling him they are paying customers and are not getting the inside information they are paying for. It's quite embarrassing for those individuals, IMO.
it gives Karen

To be honest with you, the Denver sports media doesn't exist in my eyes because I don't read any local sports stuff these days.

Munsterteiger is actually one of the reporters I perceive has been the most disparaged on this site, specifically over access, but my memory may be off, or a small, vocal minority of posters may have left me with an incorrect perception. I know a lot of Allbuffs members seem to hold his credibility in high regard and don't question that (even though I do have an impression that several Allbuffs members have a personal relationship with him).
You are miss-remembering.

Adam Munsterteiger is well respected all the way around. As Yak stated, he leans on facts and is going to be cautious with what he puts out there.

It is the contributor “Maximus“ that gets skewered regularly. He often has some really bad takes, but he’s a fan and probably gets roasted more than he should.

Allbuffs board is 100x better than the 247 board.

Yikes. A pretty scathing review of what's happened at The Fan over the last couple years that's led it's pretty quick demise in the sports talk landscape. Unfortunately, the writer is correct in that handing the prime spot to Phil Lindsay and Zach Bye was a major mistake. Phil is just not very good at it to this point, and that's putting it nicely.

Between Lombardi, Moser and Kane in the morning, Polumbus, Hastings and Dmac in the early afternoon, and Kreckman and Lindahl in the drive time slot, Altitude is great sports talk pretty much at all times. Go figure, when you actually talk about Nuggets, Avalanche, Buffs/Rams, etc to go along with Broncos, the content is mostly original and not repeating itself.

One thing I wish, but know won’t happen, would be that Prime be more accessible to local media.

For instance, I’d love to see him make the rounds after National signing day to discuss recruiting. He is never interviewed locally other than when he is paid.

But, if that’s how he rolls, I can certainly live with it. What he loses in a local media presence, he makes up for it in the National media! 😆

Yikes. A pretty scathing review of what's happened at The Fan over the last couple years that's led it's pretty quick demise in the sports talk landscape. Unfortunately, the writer is correct in that handing the prime spot to Phil Lindsay and Zach Bye was a major mistake. Phil is just not very good at it to this point, and that's putting it nicely.

Between Lombardi, Moser and Kane in the morning, Polumbus, Hastings and Dmac in the early afternoon, and Kreckman and Lindahl in the drive time slot, Altitude is great sports talk pretty much at all times. Go figure, when you actually talk about Nuggets, Avalanche, Buffs/Rams, etc to go along with Broncos, the content is mostly original and not repeating itself.

I haven't listened to Lindsay and Bye because I really enjoy Lindahl and Kreckman. That sucks that Phil is struggling.

I found the part about The Fan having a "trademark edge" interesting. I've found that while Dmac still does and says Dmac things, he's a lot less of a dick on Altitude. I was assuming it was because he was told to tone it down, but now I wonder if it wasn't the other way around.

I don't understand people who listen to sports radio. What a waste of time. However, good on ya.

On the subject of Adam, he also drops hints all the time if you pay attention. He won't burn his sources, but he has more information than he lets on.

Meh - it depends on what you listen for. The early show on Altitude has a ton of beat reporters and announcing crews of teams around the country in all sorts of sports, so they tend to actually have good content that I can listen to when I'm in the car. Think of it as a podcast for non-snobs.

If it a show that is nothing but guys arguing about stupid stuff, I listen to music.

Back