What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

If Cody comes back, how much does it change your expectations & excitement for next season?

How are we feeling here with the Jakimovski commitment?

If Cody is coming back sure would be nice to have it publicly stated for recruiting purposes.

How are we feeling here with the Jakimovski commitment?

If Cody is coming back sure would be nice to have it publicly stated for recruiting purposes.
Jakimovski is a very good pick up. A seasoned player that will give us 10 and 5 each night and play defense. I think Cody will make his decision right after the draft lottery on May 12. He'll then have a good sense who's picking when and where he might end up.

an aside on Cody.

we all mature, advance at different rates.

when my daughter left for CU, I felt she was not very worldly - certainly not like me at 18. after her junior spring in Italy, part-time jobs, she is much more 'mature'.

Cody's brother might have been a man-child at 18. That doesn't mean Cody is. Those of you who have raised kids to adulthood should understand.

Cody (and his family) had their choice of any college in the country, but they chose to have Cody mentored by Tad.

If he comes back, it's because Cody is still 'young' in many ways.

He's not coming back. /thread.
ineedthisforreactions GIF

First mock I looked at has him going to the Bulls at 11. That would be amazing

Spurs would be great too

Dammit Cody! You owed us another year!!

If I were his parent (genetically impossible because I’m not athletic) I’d slap him upside the head if he told me he wants to play one more year of college ball.

Piss on you middle of the road parrots. I said 1 in 20, then 1 in 50. I'm comfortable with that.
Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, there was no middle of the road from me. There was never a chance he was coming back, and many of us have been vocal about that.

Assuming I'm understanding this correctly, there was no middle of the road from me. There was never a chance he was coming back, and many of us have been vocal about that.
No offense, but when you say "there was never a chance" you are again stating an opinion. Unless Cody shared his thoughts with you.
If he did, did he tell you why he waited so long to announce what you knew for certain weeks ago?

No offense, but when you say "there was never a chance" you are again stating an opinion. Unless Cody shared his thoughts with you.
If he did, did he tell you why he waited so long to announce what you knew for certain weeks ago?
Of course it’s an opinion. Has a unanimous lottery pick ever returned to school in the modern era?

To your question, because the basketball season just ended “weeks ago” and his timeline has not been unique or delayed.

Back