What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Iona Lookalike & Game thread - MBB (Boulder, Sunday, 12/29, Noon MT)

Team looking very good all around, hard to believe after the Kansas game, but apparently this team does WANT to be special. I think Schwartz is the key to the season. Kin and Battey will be there every night, and Bey will be explosive, but if Schwartz can be special and hit his shot, that is huge.

I'm loving this team ... could be a magical season. Especially if we get off to a good conference start by beating the Dux at home next weekend on Thursday.

Last edited:
Any time you can hold a team under 20 in a half, there’s not a whole lot to complain about. Our defense is pretty nasty.
When you can't get the ball in the paint and turn it over 10 times against a team that did not play well at all - you shouldn't be too happy.

That was a really fun game. I hope the hot shooting carries over into Thursday. We shot 60% for three and made 17 of them.

Loved seeing Daniels and Kountz (even Parquet) with some confidence builders from deep today. This was a very useful game, I think.

Time to turn our attention to #6 Oregon and a very dangerous OSU, though.

Great win, nice to see us finally pound someone, especially a good program like Iona. We haven’t had as many easy wins as we expected. Let’s hope the hot shooting continues ... gonna need every bit of it. We won’t be getting nearly as many open looks this week.

Are you actually frustrated with a 45 point win? Wow.
I'm a bit frustrated. I thought we had little O the 1st 15 minutes. Could not/did not get the ball into the paint. Almost all jump shots.
Iona has a real good program, but were nothing special tonight. I thought we again played to the opponents level, in the 1st half. (Hope we can do that with Oregon)
We crushed them in the 2nd half, but shot 60% from 3. We'll be very happy to hit 40% on the year.
I posted pre-dayton, I thought we were about #35. dayton we were outrageous. here we played like #30 or so. I'm not happy with that

I'm a bit frustrated. I thought we had little O the 1st 15 minutes. Could not/did not get the ball into the paint. Almost all jump shots.
Iona has a real good program, but were nothing special tonight. I thought we again played to the opponents level, in the 1st half. (Hope we can do that with Oregon)
We crushed them in the 2nd half, but shot 60% from 3. We'll be very happy to hit 40% on the year.
I posted pre-dayton, I thought we were about #35. dayton we were outrageous. here we played like #30 or so. I'm not happy with that
What's wrong with jump shots if they are all open and your hand is hot?

What's wrong with jump shots if they are all open and your hand is hot?
That’s the thing. Opponents have game plans and will give up something to stop something else. The book on playing us is to force us to make jump shots, press us when Kin is out, and get back instead of crashing the offensive glass so we can’t get easy fast break points.

Today we took that book to the cleaners by knocking down uncontested 3s.

“CU also tied the school record for 3-pointers in a game with 17 (set vs. Oklahoma State in 2005) and finished with 26 assists, the most in the Boyle era and most since CU had 27 vs. Northridge in 2009.”

Also out-rebounded them 47-24.

Team looking very good all around, hard to believe after the Kansas game, but apparently this team does WANT to be special. I think Schwartz is the key to the season. Kin and Battey will be there every night, and Bey will be explosive, but if Schwartz can be special and hit his shot, that is huge.

It’s almost as if Kansas is really good and going into the belly of the beast and losing wasn’t the disaster that everyone made it out to be.

Finished non-con (a legit non-con) at 10-2, being 1-1 in KenPom “Tier A” games and 3-0 in “Tier B” with our other loss being to their #69 (nice?) team that will probably win their conference. Probably played four teams that will win their conference (or at least come close). I’ll take it.

I'm loving this team ... could be a magical season. Especially if we get off to a good conference start by beating the Dux at home next weekend on Thursday.
I feel like OSU is the “must win” this week while UO is about seeding and the bigger goals we’re working toward.

What we’ve been missing for about 5 years now is consistent outside shooting ... mid range and 3s. I’m happy as all hell when we show that we can play that game. You had that element to Tad Ball and you’ve really got something special.

Really happy we were hitting our threes. That will make us a lot harder to prepare for.

One downer is the play of Walton. He just looks lost out there. I had high hopes before the latest knee injury. It appears that he isn’t coming back from the last ACL. 😥

Really happy we were hitting our threes. That will make us a lot harder to prepare for.

One downer is the play of Walton. He just looks lost out there. I had high hopes before the latest knee injury. It appears that he isn’t coming back from the last ACL. 😥

Still too early. We won’t know what we have for another year with him.

I thought he showed some good signs today. His shooting touch looked good and he's starting to get into the flow of the offense with how he's feeling things.

So glad that the last 8 minutes of the game was pretty much spent getting guys who don't shoot much open looks. Walton, Parquet, Kountz, Strating, Siewert, Dombek, love that we actively found them shots when we could

It’s almost as if Kansas is really good and going into the belly of the beast and losing wasn’t the disaster that everyone made it out to be.

Finished non-con (a legit non-con) at 10-2, being 1-1 in KenPom “Tier A” games and 3-0 in “Tier B” with our other loss being to their #69 (nice?) team that will probably win their conference. Probably played four teams that will win their conference (or at least come close). I’ll take it.

11-2? (unless you aren’t counting ASU as non-con)

Kansas took it to Furd today, and WVU (UNI’s only loss) beat #2 Ohio State, both on the road...crazy to think how good a UNI win could have looked, but at least it won’t be a terrible loss

Back