What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Italy hoops schedule

So the Italian team put up 38 three point attempts. I am assuming that is because our interior defense was so strong, yet they only made 9 because our perimeter defense is equally good.
Either that or the suck at shooting.

I'm liking what I'm seeing and hearing about Walton. We don't need him to be someone that plays 30 minutes a game, but if he can be a defensive presence as well as cleanup the offensive glass he can make a difference for us this year. That looked to be exactly what he was doing in the short Italy clip. With Walton, Bey, and both Wrights I expect us to be much better defensively this year.

Imagine the minutes are not set in stone for this trip but I was pretty surprised at how much bey played. Tory with only one foul. Nice.

Lotta happy Tad Ball numbers in that box score. Can overcome the ugly turnover numbers with successful Tad Ball.

Different lineup, as I think we'd expect. But still Tory with not a lot of minutes. Kin and King, all year long

26 turnovers and only shot 10 free throws. tad gonna me mad
Looks like it was very much a road game from an officiating standpoint. Lithuania team shot 20 more 3pt shots but somehow drew more fouls?:confused:

Dallas with 3 blocks in 15 mins. Hard to know without seeing, but just maybe we have a rim protector.

Dallas with 3 blocks in 15 mins. Hard to know without seeing, but just maybe we have a rim protector.
He's a legit 7 footer who is coordinated, has a little bounce and got strong. That's tough to deal with. Should help our FG% defense a lot.

Is there any doubt left that Wright is going to start here from Day 1? Kid is going to make a huge difference.

None.

In fact, I think our starting backcourt this season can be called The Wright Brothers because both Kin and Namon look like starters.

Then: King on the wing, Siefert at stretch-4 and we'll find out who the 5th starter is. Could be Tory or Dallas for a true post. Could be we we go smaller with Bey or Battey starting.

None.

In fact, I think our starting backcourt this season can be called The Wright Brothers because both Kin and Namon look like starters.

Then: King on the wing, Siefert at stretch-4 and we'll find out who the 5th starter is. Could be Tory or Dallas for a true post. Could be we we go smaller with Bey or Battey starting.

I think Dom starts over Namon. Namon will provide scoring off bench and Dom gives McKinley an outlet/safety valve.

By March, one of Bey/Battey start. To start season? Guessing Tory.

I think Dom starts over Namon. Namon will provide scoring off bench and Dom gives McKinley an outlet/safety valve.

By March, one of Bey/Battey start. To start season? Guessing Tory.
Dom hasn't been impressive. Tad's tried to start him the past 3 years, so probably a good bet that he'll try again. But I don't trust him as a starter. He's given no reason to trust him in that role.

Dom hasn't been impressive. Tad's tried to start him the past 3 years, so probably a good bet that he'll try again. But I don't trust him as a starter. He's given no reason to trust him in that role.

Agree and I think for these reasons we will see a lot of Wright from day one.

It may be though that Tad starts Dom just to keep the pressure of being a freshman starter off him. Start Dom then transition to Wright and if you have some rough stretches and it is easy to keep the pressure off him. Start him right away and everybody looks at the freshman starter.

Agree and I think for these reasons we will see a lot of Wright from day one.

It may be though that Tad starts Dom just to keep the pressure of being a freshman starter off him. Start Dom then transition to Wright and if you have some rough stretches and it is easy to keep the pressure off him. Start him right away and everybody looks at the freshman starter.
Goose and I are assuming that McKinley Wright starts. We're talking about whether Namon Wright or Dom Collier starts as the off guard. Goose is thinking that Dom's experience in the system would be seen as valuable to Kin so he's likely to get the nod. I'm thinking that Namon is the better player with more upside, so I think he'll start (or should).

A lot of you guys are more into hoops than me, but I actually didn't think Dom had a bad first game. Obviously game 2 was one to forget for him, but 12 points and 4 boards in game 1 for an off guard doesn't seem so shabby.

Back