What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Jeff Tedford - HC Fresno State

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
_K_30748.jpg

Organization: Fresno State University

Current Position: Head Coach

Former Positions:
1989–1991Calgary Stampeders (assistant)
1992Fresno State (QB)
1993–1997Fresno State (OC/QB)
1998–2001Oregon (OC/QB)
2002–2012California
2014Tampa Bay Buccaneers (OC)
2015BC Lions
2016Washington (assistant)
2017–presentFresno State
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Record and Awards:
Overall100–63 (college)
7–11 (CFL)
Bowls6–3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Pac-10 Co-Champions
Pac-10 Coach of the Year 2002
Pac-10 Coach of the Year 2004
Mountain West Coach of the year 2017

Notable Recruits:

Coaching Notes:

Would have us instantly at Utahs level with current talent.

Great head coach but can he get us to the top? What he did at Cal was amazing.

I wouldn’t mind it. If he replicated his success at Cal from 02-09 everyone here would be pretty happy. He wouldn’t have been held to 7 points the last 2 games with this offense that’s for damn sure

Absolutely! Good coach.
Fresno was 1-11 the year before he got there. Tedford went 10-4 his first year and is 9-2 so far this year.
He has past experience and success in the PAC. This would be a solid hire

Good football coach. We can do better

Yeah? I don't know about you, but I'd take somebody who could come here and win 8 games a year on a consistent basis every day and twice on Sunday, and that's what Tedford would probably do. He's been my #1 since the end of the Oregon State game.

Last edited:
You guys should look at Sonny Dykes while you’re at it.
I think he'll do a very fine job at SMU, which is the level he belongs.

Wasn't MacIntyre the second choice the year you guys ultimately hired Dykes? I hope you've got different people making decisions there now.

Yeah? I don't know about you, but I'd take somebody who could come here and win 8 games a year on a consistent basis every day and twice on Sunday, and that's what Tedford would probably do. He's been my #1 since the end of the Oregon State game.

I get that and I wouldn’t be totally opposed to Tedford. The issue I see is that I don’t really think he can recruit to a high level acedemic institution. Cal gave him a few years of getting everyone he wanted in but when they shut the gates he couldn’t sustain his success. Good football man though. No question

Based on what I believe RG is looking for, I think Tedford is our guy. I'm on board too.

Here's why...

The guy is a winner. He won games in Berkely (not exactly the most football friendly school and city). He is winning at Fresno State. And he was at Oregon in 2001 and Washington in 2016. Those are our best two teams of the 2000's. You remember how those games turned out?

The guy is a recruiter. See this list of Cal Bears in the NFL and imagine what those players could have done in Boulder. https://calbears.com/news/2018/9/6/football-season-begins-with-29-former-players-on-nfl-rosters.aspx

I'm not in the Tedford camp.

And there's a part of me that is very aware that I'm picking nits because every name that's been floated has had a damn successful career and is a good coach. So much of our opinions come down to personal preferences and bias. So much of RG's decision will come down to his own. Let's just hope he's got the right blueprint in mind for what type of guy is right for CU at this time.

I'm not sure why people think his ceiling here would be 8 games. He arguably had the best program rolling at Cal in the PAC for a few years. He had Tosh recruiting, so you know he can get dirty! (and that he gets the value of it).

There's no question the guy can coach. He knows what to look for in assistants.

Chris Petersen was MWC. Like Tedford, he just knows how to coach and win.

I'm back and forth on it. Mostly because you know who's winning a lot of games as a HC in non-P5? Hawkins.

When we hired MacIntyre, didn't we reach out to Tedford and he said "Thanks but no thanks." He thought our talent was bad and our facilities where **** and it was to much time and effort to turn this around.

If that assessment was accurate, I wonder what he thinks now.

When we hired MacIntyre, didn't we reach out to Tedford and he said "Thanks but no thanks." He thought our talent was bad and our facilities where **** and it was to much time and effort to turn this around.

If that assessment was accurate, I wonder what he thinks now.
He was right...

Back