What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell and Chris Wilson fired

Didn't love that, but I feel like assuming one of those is Joel Klatt seems safe. That's fine-I want Joel as involved with CU as he's comfortable being.

Knuckleheads like Chad Brown need to stay out.

The one semi-positive takeaway I have from tonight is Sanford. Seemed like a breath of fresh air coming off of Dorrell. Liked what I heard, and definitely am looking forward to getting up there to see this group with him in charge.
I always like what i hear from Sanford! But I don’t really like what I see. Hoping Patterson has a big stamp on the offense moving forward

I always like what i hear from Sanford! But I don’t really like what I see. Hoping Patterson has a big stamp on the offense moving forward
I hadn't heard him speak before, so I assumed he had that one default facial expression like his now former boss had.

Fowler is probably another guy that would/should be welcomed to contribute feedback.
No doubt. I want the entire men's basketball coaching staff contributing feedback too. College basketball's been ahead of football in a way because of the one and done thing in my view. They've built a winner.

You can hear why Sanford keeps landing jobs even though his performance isn’t great. Guy is an A+ speaker
Oh no question, but some of it's Dorrell's lack of energy. Sanford's a red bull compared to KD's decaf........but that same thing could be said for a lot of people on here.

No doubt. I want the entire men's basketball coaching staff contributing feedback too. College basketball's been ahead of football in a way because of the one and done thing in my view. They've built a winner.
Tad Boyle should be part of the interview team. The guy is smart, loyal to CU and knows what he is doing. (He also should be AD so would be great for him to have input)

I’ve been away all day including away from the internet. This is great news! I’m not going to pile on Dorrell. He was the wrong guy out into a tough situation. He should never have been hired in the first place.

If Rick George is going to remain as the AD, he better damned well not screw this hire up!! The heat is on. And our wealthy boosters had damned well better step up to the plate if they haven’t already. CU can still be a premier football program, dammit!

Tad Boyle should be part of the interview team. The guy is smart, loyal to CU and knows what he is doing. (He also should be AD so would be great for him to have input)
He would be a great AD I’d bet. But now isn’t the time. He’s got basketball glory to achieve.

Ha ha ha...
Was just reminded that today is the 1 year anniversary of the Dorrell camera man shove.

Oct 2 just isn't his day.
We would not be realistically talking about a candidate like Tom Herman if we were doing this last year.

FUUUUUCK. RG says he will be consulting with former Buffs on the search.

giphy.gif

Get ready for HC Mike Sanford. If idot Dr. Phil requires the HC to work with his hand tied behind their backs with silly transfer rules, the pool of candidates will be shallow.

Like many have said unless you dump the idiots who put the program where it is, it won't matter much.

Last edited:
They’re gonna need to get a much better NIL program figured out, and the future conference affiliation situation needs to at least be well on its way to getting settled by December. Otherwise, no desirable HC candidate would touch this job with a ten foot pole.

Back