What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Karl Dorrell officially named Colorado HC

We are so built for the Chiefs offense, I was 90% Chev cause EB seemed like a longshot, but now if you get EB for about $3,500,000 and 5 years and he stays 2-3 years with Chev at his side, then I am all good!!!

Troy Calhoun? Thoughts?

He's 98-69 in 13 seasons at the AFA.
He's frustrated with the academy being in the MW and floated the idea of the program being an Independent last year.
He's a really good football coach.

He's very tightly wound and not warm/fuzzy. More stick than carrot.
Not media friendly, totally lacks a bull**** gene.
Would have very little patience with PR/Donor/Community stuff and zero patience with prima donna players.
Has been way outside of big time recruiting forever.

So all in all a No, high risk/high reward, but it would be fun (for me anyway) to see it play out. I'd like to see what he'd do with CU's talent. But NO.

He's 98-69 in 13 seasons at the AFA.
He's frustrated with the academy being in the MW and floated the idea of the program being an Independent last year.
He's a really good football coach.

He's very tightly wound and not warm/fuzzy. More stick than carrot.
Not media friendly, totally lacks a bull**** gene.
Would have very little patience with PR/Donor/Community stuff and zero patience with prima donna players.
Has been way outside of big time recruiting forever.

So all in all a No, high risk/high reward, but it would be fun (for me anyway) to see it play out. I'd like to see what he'd do with CU's talent. But NO.
I'm a no on Calhoun too.

My "No" is a little reluctant, but I just don't think that CU can run an experiment with this next hire.....

His offense would look a lot more Shanahan, but there's nothing Ive seen or heard that can be taken seriously (sources like Adam M.) that connects him yet.

You dont think people talk? You think the HC of MSU just quit and nobody knew it was coming. They knew he was gone. They knew their target. They paid the money and got MfT. You really think all this happened in 24 hours?
I was gonna ignore because of how stupid this argument was but you kept going. I can promise you that Kap had absolutely zero clue that Tucker was going to take this job. He was as shocked as every other coach in the room when they all found out. Whether he goes with him to Michigan State is a different story but he felt pretty burned by this.

The more I think about it if EB, passes and RG doesn't hire Chev the idea of Sarkisian is starting to grow on me. He has HC experience at 2 Pac-12 schools, OC in the NFL and most importantly known as a great recruiter. The big knock is the alcoholism.

When all of the players want Chev to be the coach and retaining as many of the recruits as possible (who were burned by the last coach) I don’t think hiring a guy who flamed out in his last job because of an alcohol problem.

Colorado needs someone who can instill confidence and a sense of stability after what transpired.

There’s a lot of responsibility and stress placed on a head coach of a major program, so it’s only natural that a lot of people will wonder in the back of their minds if it could get to him and he might relapse.

I would be fine with him as a coordinator but as the face of the program it would make me a little nervous.

I’ve literally never felt this defeated and deflated as a CU fan and that’s saying a lot

I think the end of the Embree era was probably worse, it seemed like the program had been burned to the ground, especially because of how angry the CU media people were at the administration.

This just seems more uncertain. They’ve got a good recruiting class and a lot of the guys have already said they’re staying, so that’s encouraging.

The first player of the "Post Mel Tucker Era" has entered the Transfer Portal....Trey Udoffia...no idea if it relates to Tucker or not.

When all of the players want Chev to be the coach and retaining as many of the recruits as possible (who were burned by the last coach) I don’t think hiring a guy who flamed out in his last job because of an alcohol problem.

Colorado needs someone who can instill confidence and a sense of stability after what transpired.

There’s a lot of responsibility and stress placed on a head coach of a major program, so it’s only natural that a lot of people will wonder in the back of their minds if it could get to him and he might relapse.

I would be fine with him as a coordinator but as the face of the program it would make me a little nervous.
Trust me, there's a lot of players that don't want Chev, you just see the vocal ones wanting him

As we learned last year, a late addition to a Feldman article can be pretty meaningful (see: Tucker), his sources are as legit as it gets, so I'm a bit baffled he added Tony Alford of all people.
One other name to keep in mind, I’m told, is Ohio State running backs coach Tony Alford. He played college ball at Colorado State and graduated from high school in Colorado Springs. He has been a key member of a lot of top teams and has long been regarded as a really good recruiter.

As we learned last year, a late addition to a Feldman article can be pretty meaningful (see: Tucker), his sources are as legit as it gets, so I'm a bit baffled he added Tony Alford of all people.

Heads are gonna explode on ramnation.

Back