What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kenny Dillingham - OC Oregon

Ultimately all I am arguing here is that his rise is very interesting & warrants a deeper look.

He could be falling upwards with dick for connections or he could be a superstar - don't hurt to go on a first date.

While I still would prefer Herman or Mendenhall, Grimes has had a solid career in a variety of programs and he’s been very good at every stop. He hasn’t had a job where you can objectively look at it and call it a failure. That’s very unusual in this line of work. Pretty much everybody has a job they could call a “learning experience”.

Pass. Too big a risk and FSU didn't light the world on fire offensively while he was there.

I'd rather have Grimes or Riley.

He's the play caller for the 3rd best offense in the country...and he's doing it at TCU. Far less talent than what Dillingham has had to work with pretty much anywhere he's been.

I don't get the allure of Dillingham at all.
Dillingham is the OC and playcaller for the 5th best scoring offense in the country and it’s entirely his show. Riley is doing it under Sonny Dykes. They’re both 32/33 years old. I don’t see any difference really, at least not to the point where you say “I much prefer Riley” or “I don’t get the allure of Dillingham at all”. They’re basically in the exact same position.

Dillingham is the OC and playcaller for the 5th best scoring offense in the country and it’s entirely his show. Riley is doing it under Sonny Dykes. They’re both 32/33 years old. I don’t see any difference really, at least not to the point where you say “I much prefer Riley” or “I don’t get the allure of Dillingham at all”. They’re basically in the exact same position.
FSU was entirely his show.......and howd that go last year?

Mike Norvell is/was the HC there last year, so no, it wasn’t entirely his show, just like the one season Garrett Riley has spent at the P5 level hasn’t been entirely his show.

So again, please provide reason why Garrett Riley is such a better candidate than Dillingham right now.
I believe Riley would recruit better and have a larger (and TX-centric) staffing pool from which to pull. He'd also get more media attention to promote the program.

Otherwise I agree there's really nothing separating them.

I believe Riley would recruit better and have a larger (and TX-centric) staffing pool from which to pull. He'd also get more media attention to promote the program.

Otherwise I agree there's really nothing separating them.
I agree, the name “Riley” is probably the only thing separating them.

Back