What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kim English hired as new MBB AC (Jean Prioleau new HC at San Jose St)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
That's a great opportunity to get a MWC head coach job in a place where he can find recruits. It's a tough job, but it is also possible to be successful there. Congrats to Coach Pri. He's patiently worked his butt off and was ready for a HC gig a few years ago.

Loses out on a trip to Italy, but a good opportunity for him. Any ideas who the Buffs bring on board to take his place?
Easiest hire would have been Dwight Thorne, but he just took the basketball ops director job under Rodney at DU to get things started last July.

Maybe move Kearney into an assistant job. He's obviously qualified for it.

One thing with that is that it would give us about the most "middle aged white guy" staff it's possible to put together. I don't know that this matters much (there are other things that recruits and their parents care about a hell of a lot more) and it's certainly not fair if it does matter, but I'd assume that diversity has to be a consideration.

Here's the story from the San Jose Mercury News: http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/04/san-jose-state-hires-mens-basketball-coach/

San Jose State hired former Colorado assistant Jean Prioleau as its new men’s basketball coach, athletic director Marie Tuite announced Friday.
Prioleau replaces Dave Wojcik, who resigned last month for personal reasons.
Prioleau will be introduced at a news conference Monday at the campus.
Think Chauncey Might wanna help out his Alma Mater for a year so that they can do a search at a better time?

Great opportunity for Pri, but also allows for a staff shake up, which I think has been needed. Truly a win win.

Boyle said due to the timing of the move, it may be difficult to get a replacement in the fold before the Buffs depart of Europe. However, he believes that same timing will not be a detriment to bringing a quality coach to Boulder.

"I've always got a list of guys that I'll consider if anything happens with our staff," Boyle said. "So I have certain guys in mind. Because of Italy and the timing of it, I doubt we'll get someone in before then. But I'm active on it as we speak.

"We're losing a good man, a good coach, a good recruiter. But guess what? We're going to replace him with a good man, a good coach, a good recruiter."

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetop...-prioleau-leaving-cu-mens-basketball-san-jose

Easiest hire would have been Dwight Thorne, but he just took the basketball ops director job under Rodney at DU to get things started last July.

Maybe move Kearney into an assistant job. He's obviously qualified for it.

One thing with that is that it would give us about the most "middle aged white guy" staff it's possible to put together. I don't know that this matters much (there are other things that recruits and their parents care about a hell of a lot more) and it's certainly not fair if it does matter, but I'd assume that diversity has to be a consideration.

No, no, no! Not enough another old retread as an assistant coach. Kearney is such a low bar.

See USC - let's hire a dynamic recruiter and move the program to another level.

Boyle said due to the timing of the move, it may be difficult to get a replacement in the fold before the Buffs depart of Europe. However, he believes that same timing will not be a detriment to bringing a quality coach to Boulder.

"I've always got a list of guys that I'll consider if anything happens with our staff," Boyle said. "So I have certain guys in mind. Because of Italy and the timing of it, I doubt we'll get someone in before then. But I'm active on it as we speak.

"We're losing a good man, a good coach, a good recruiter. But guess what? We're going to replace him with a good man, a good coach, a good recruiter."

http://www.buffzone.com/buffzonetop...-prioleau-leaving-cu-mens-basketball-san-jose

Prioleau is decidedly not a good recruiter. I can't believe Boyle is saying that.

Last edited:
Congrats to coach Pri! Tad's coaching tree is growing.

Unless we can find a recruiting savant, I would like to see a younger assistant hire, someone with ties to CU and/or Denver/Colorado in the Rodney Billups mold.

Don't feed the troll.

Congrats to coach Pri. Glad to get some turnover, and in such a positive manner. But it would've been nice to be filling the position before the coaching carousel had pretty much stopped for the year.

And really makes other coaches super interested in coming in to work for someone that threw the last guy under the bus.

My concern is that Boyle might actually believe Prioleau is a good recruiter. If so, he will be replaced by a similar type assistant which won't get it done if CU wants a top flight program in the PAC 12. See USC's staff for great recruiters - very little basketball tradition, possibly headed for the #1 class in the nation.

My concern is that Boyle might actually believe Prioleau is a good recruiter. If so, he will be replaced by a similar type assistant which won't get it done if CU wants a top flight program in the PAC 12. See USC's staff for great recruiters - very little basketball tradition, possibly headed for the #1 class in the nation.
He might. Then again, he might just be being polite to help those that may be interested in replacing him know Tad has his assistant's backs.

USC has been a hell hole for basketball for an extended period. Whatever they are doing has nothing to do with Tad being a class act on his former assistant now being a head coach.

You do realize one of our assistant's becoming a head coach is good pub for CU's program and Tad, right?

USC is also smack in the middle of fertile recruiting territory. So there's that.

This is why USC recruits well.
So it's not this anymore?
images

Congratz to coach Pri.

The timing concerns me a bit. I think that having to hire another asst would be at least a minor distraction for the HC at a time where they are getting ready for the season.

In the Dallas Walton article Tad mentions that he has zeroed in on someone, but it likely won't get done prior to the Italy trip. Any thoughts on who it might be? Only potential name I've heard is Dwight Thorne.

the basketball twitter overlords are loving this hire.

I like this hire knowing nothing about it other than it means Tad got his #1 target. I like this new era of what Tad wants, Tad gets?

Tulsa has also been a pretty solid launching pad for basketball coaching careers. Good hoops school.

Kim English was a really good college basketball player. No clue about his coaching chops.

Back