What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kim English hired as new MBB AC (Jean Prioleau new HC at San Jose St)

Well, this seems like a perfect hire on paper. Young recruiter that was a big point guard himself. Add this to Tad's Twitter, and I think he's learning. Are we gonna hit the Midwest harder recruiting now?

Well, this seems like a perfect hire on paper. Young recruiter that was a big point guard himself. Add this to Tad's Twitter, and I think he's learning. Are we gonna hit the Midwest harder recruiting now?
I don't know, but I've always thought it was natural for CU to recruit Kansas City and St. Louis.

It seems people are happy. I'm most happy it got resolved quickly. I guess I have been through too many Mike Mac hires. Does he make the Italy trip? Where does he fit in the system? It seems the pri was more veteran so likely another coach on staff moves up and Kim is the new guy/hot young recruiter?

I'm pretty pumped about this hire, although I know nothing about Kim's coaching ability. I thought he was a great college player; could definitely shoot.

I'd love for us to recruit KC/St Louis, but what I'd love even more is if Kim has kept ties to his HS area of Baltimore. I know it's a reach distance wise, and we haven't really had a presence there... ...but there's some good ball in general DC/Baltimore/VA area. Probably not likely to happen, as I don't remember Kim being a top HS recruit...but still...that'd be nice daydream come true.

I'm pretty pumped about this hire, although I know nothing about Kim's coaching ability. I thought he was a great college player; could definitely shoot.

I'd love for us to recruit KC/St Louis, but what I'd love even more is if Kim has kept ties to his HS area of Baltimore. I know it's a reach distance wise, and we haven't really had a presence there... ...but there's some good ball in general DC/Baltimore/VA area. Probably not likely to happen, as I don't remember Kim being a top HS recruit...but still...that'd be nice daydream come true.

He's from Massachusetts.

3*. #27 SG, #111 overall on Rivals. - https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2008/kim-english-21451

EDIT - More I think about it, the more I think Rivals is wrong (or he did a prep year or something). I think he is from Baltimore. My bad @dyemeduke

Good recruiting class - check
Tad Twitter - check
Going to Italy for pre season - check
Enthusiasm and buzz on All Buffs - check

great start

Hopefully he can get our guards to do what Burks did to Missouri when he visited in 2010/11. Jokes aside, home run hire that is also really encouraging as far as Tad's vision for the program.

Great hire! Exactly what was needed - a charismatic and articulate young black coach, who I bet will be a very good recruiter. I loved his game at Mizzou, where he was a very, very good college player. To me, this is big upgrade in terms of recruiting, which was badly needed to compete in the upper half of the PAC 12.

Fantastic. Can only hope he sticks around for 4 years before he inevitably becomes an HC.

Was hoping Tad had someone he already had his eye on and could move quickly. Wonder if they had crossed paths or perhaps Kim knows Turgeon? I don't see an obvious connection unless Tad has met him on the scouting circuit.

Was hoping Tad had someone he already had his eye on and could move quickly. Wonder if they had crossed paths or perhaps Kim knows Turgeon? I don't see an obvious connection unless Tad has met him on the scouting circuit.

I would presume it has to be Boyle's relationship with Manning, who English was an assistant under at Tulsa for a year or two prior to Manning going to Wake.

I don't know if you can listen to that interview with English and not be fired up. We got ourselves a recruiting bulldog. Grier was already a big time recruiter added with the previous hire and Rohn has always been the best recruiter on the staff. I'm as excited as I've ever been about the state of the program. To think that frikin Colorado can lose 2 assistants to HC job opportunities in 2 years and I can come out the other end feeling like we have gotten better is blowing my mind. Never thought this was possible for this program.

I don't know if you can listen to that interview with English and not be fired up. We got ourselves a recruiting bulldog. Grier was already a big time recruiter added with the previous hire and Rohn has always been the best recruiter on the staff. I'm as excited as I've ever been about the state of the program. To think that frikin Colorado can lose 2 assistants to HC job opportunities in 2 years and I can come out the other end feeling like we have gotten better is blowing my mind. Never thought this was possible for this program.
well, when you put it like that...

He just lit up when they started talking recruiting. He's fired up to recruit!

I wonder how much the ability to give a multi year contract played into it?

Back