What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Kin: Most important CU athlete ever?

A two-way contract is decent money.. $462,629 next year, which is half of the normal rookie minimum salary.
It is good money. It also is the chance he needs to get his toe in the door.

If things go well he is the kind of guy who could have a good long career in the league. Likely will never be a star, may never be a regular starter, but can have a good career.

If it doesn't work out for him the experience will set him up to get a shot at one of the higher level Euro leagues where he can have a great experience and make enough money to change his life.

It is good money. It also is the chance he needs to get his toe in the door.

If things go well he is the kind of guy who could have a good long career in the league. Likely will never be a star, may never be a regular starter, but can have a good career.

If it doesn't work out for him the experience will set him up to get a shot at one of the higher level Euro leagues where he can have a great experience and make enough money to change his life.
Agreed. If he stays healthy, one way or another he is going to make good money playing basketball over the next decade.

Sounds like he looked pretty good in yesterday’s Summer League game.

4BC16EC8-4E3A-4C3E-9BE5-47D0A4D1988E.png

I had to laugh at Fran Fraschilla straddling that fence when it came to who was more important to the program, Chauncey or Kin.

Fraschilla was mistaken, Chauncey played 2 years here instead of one, so that might change his thinking, but I got the feeling he was leaning toward Kin, but didn't want to offend anyone. :LOL:

I had to laugh at Fran Fraschilla straddling that fence when it came to who was more important to the program, Chauncey or Kin.

Fraschilla was mistaken, Chauncey played 2 years here instead of one, so that might change his thinking, but I got the feeling he was leaning toward Kin, but didn't want to offend anyone. :LOL:
To be fair, I took it as Fran thinking would he rather have Chauncey for 2 years or Kin for 4 years, if Fran was running the program.

The choice between Patton + Billups for 2 years and Boyle + Kin for 4 years is pretty obvious (with our benefit of hindsight).

Give Tad another Chauncey for 2 years and what happens to the program? I'd sure be interested to find out.

To be fair, I took it as Fran thinking would he rather have Chauncey for 2 years or Kin for 4 years, if Fran was running the program.

The choice between Patton + Billups for 2 years and Boyle + Kin for 4 years is pretty obvious (with our benefit of hindsight).

Give Tad another Chauncey for 2 years and what happens to the program? I'd sure be interested to find out.
They aren't going to have another Chauncey or Kin soon but with the quality of the recruits Tad is pulling in recently we are going to see how he does with some two and done types.

The success of Kin is a part of Tad having that recruiting success. If he continues to progress and ends up contributing at the NBA level that will continue to add to his influence.

"Wright notched 30 points (10-13 FG, 2-2 3Pt, 8-8 FT), eight rebounds, seven assists and one steal in 34 minutes during Monday's 124-109 win over Grand Rapids Gold.

Wright continues his strong play in the G League, notching 30-plus points for the second straight game and extending his streak of at least five rebounds and five assists to four games. The 6-foot guard is averaging 27.7 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 1.7 steals across 36.5 minutes per game."

Those shooting percentages say he is relaxed and confident.

Kin was called up. Didn't play last night, but on the roster.

So if he plays the entire game he’ll score 27!
Calculating Figure It Out GIF

Back