What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ladies and gentlemen, the Prime effect

* May have already been posted elsewhere *

Jordan Domineck had an interview the other day with Jim Rome and sadly the Audio was terrible. I immediately started yelling at the radio and wondering why the Fukk the School does not have a top-flight Studio for player interviews with top-flight internet, microphones, and video if needed. Everything is content and here is a young man getting a big interview and it sounds like shyt. There should be like 5 mini-studios in the athletics facility, so the men and women can do these interviews in the best possible way. It sounded like he was doing it from a dorm room on dial-up internet.

Hopefully, we set the trend for everything

Jersey kid gets offered, says good-bye to PSU:

"Jaelyne Matthews has decommitted from Penn State and announced an offer from Deion Sanders, head football coach at the University of Colorado.

The four-star offensive lineman, who received his first offer from Rutgers football as a freshman, is a member of the 2025 recruiting class and is the starting offensive tackle for Toms River North. The 6-foot-6, 300-pound junior also plays defensive tackle for the Mariners, the No. 1-ranked public school in New Jersey."

Was listening to the College GameDay podcast from Monday and they had Ryan McGee on and he said he's going to have a SportsCenter feature later this week about Deion and CU. He told a story about going to a Clemson-FSU game in '88 and Clemson is out there getting ready to run down the hill and Deion is standing there at the bottom of the hill pounding his chest and Ryan was thinking, who is this idiot. Then during the game he returned a punt 77 yards for a TD and Ryan was like, ok this is the guy. He then went on to talk about how the younger generation has no ideat that CU was a top program back in the 90's so it sounds like he's gonna cover that aspect too.

I'm guessing this feature will also run on GameDay.

Big day for my 7 year old we call H. Spelling test with some tricky words and it’s Field Day! He always picks the music on the way to school and normally it’s kids channel or Disney channel but today it was different.

H: daddy can we listen to theme music?
me: what’s that bud? (Truly no idea where this was headed)
H: prime song.

BAM!!!

I turned it down during that middle bit and we chatted bout stuff

Big day for my 7 year old we call H. Spelling test with some tricky words and it’s Field Day! He always picks the music on the way to school and normally it’s kids channel or Disney channel but today it was different.

H: daddy can we listen to theme music?
me: what’s that bud? (Truly no idea where this was headed)
H: prime song.

BAM!!!

I turned it down during that middle bit and we chatted bout stuff

Love that story

My 7 y.o. is shocked we’re winning games. During the TCU game she asked “Dad, don’t the Ralphies (that’s what she calls the Buffs) usually lose?”

She’s loving it now tho

You know who does watch, though? The wealthiest CU alums & boosters along with corporate leaders who might want to get close to the program after seeing it.
Some variables make it hard to trace and to quantify but a solid graduate thesis for somebody working on an economics degree would be to try to put some numbers to the impact the Prime phenomenon is having towards donations and research funding outside of the athletic department.

One constant has always been that people who see themselves as leaders and winners like to associate themselves with others who they see as leaders and winners.
In real dollars how much does it mean when instead of staying home the CEO/primary shareholder of a company comes out to see the Buffs pummel Nebraska and while here takes a visit to Leeds and decides to make a donation or fund a project? Same thing with a successful principle partner who got his J.D. 25 years ago and hasn't been back to campus recently coming to the game and remembering his days at the law school.

Sixty minutes may not be on the viewing list of recruits but is on corporate officers. Somebody in the thread was joking about CBS Sunday Morning but the demographics of that show are ridiculous.

This stuff is what short sighted people like Dr. Phil and his bunch never could get through their head.

I listened to Finebaum a couple times give his take on Prime, and he seems absolutely clueless
The closest thing to a non southern program he respects is Ohio State, and since Urban he's seen them as the place people go when they're afraid to compete against Saban.

* May have already been posted elsewhere *

Jordan Domineck had an interview the other day with Jim Rome and sadly the Audio was terrible. I immediately started yelling at the radio and wondering why the Fukk the School does not have a top-flight Studio for player interviews with top-flight internet, microphones, and video if needed. Everything is content and here is a young man getting a big interview and it sounds like shyt. There should be like 5 mini-studios in the athletics facility, so the men and women can do these interviews in the best possible way. It sounded like he was doing it from a dorm room on dial-up internet.

Hopefully, we set the trend for everything
Yeah. It was really frustrating. Especially so because it was a great interview.

Back