What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LaViska Declares for NFL Draft.

With late first round projections, he could end up on a really good team which really won’t be fair for the rest of the league.
After the combine he won’t get outside the first 10. He is an athletic freak and will stand out as such. He could plug into so many positions in the NFL. We were blessed to watch him on the team we root for.

So what's your favorite Viska memory?

Mine has to be the CSU game where he caught the short screen then hit the turbo and burned everyone for a long touchdown. That's when I knew he had "it."

His Game-Winning Catch against NEBRASKA!!! Saw it in person, everyone knew it was coming, he was doubled, and he caught it at the 4-yard line and then while being tackled he power leaned into the endzone, which takes a ton of core strength. Oh, man was it sweet to see all those long red faces. When you know who the best player is and he comes through, that is big time, that is NFL

This is what Terrell Owens did in his HOF Career, and these stats are legendary. I cannot stand TO, but he was good.
He played the Super Bowl with a Broken Foot, and if you watch his highlights, he was very fast and powerful. Again, I wish I could come up with another comparison of size, speed, power, and uniqueness. I agree that Viska needs to run routes far more crisply, but I think that he has not had to because of his athleticism. I hope he goes to a good team that helps him continue to develop and who can use him creatively. If not the Broncos, then the Packers, 49ers, or the Cardinals would be awesome.

Terrell Owens Statistics.png

Might as well throw in a 4th post in a row, since I am on a roll.

DECLARATION OF NAME CHANGE: (Formerly referred to as the Wildcat)
From this date forward, whenever a Colorado player, other than the QB, lines up in the backfield for a direct snap, that shall now be known as the:
"LAVISKAT"

Evans and Stink talked about him today. Denver's got the 11th pick in the first round-I'd take Viska if he's there.

Evans and Stink talked about him today. Denver's got the 11th pick in the first round-I'd take Viska if he's there.
The Broncos have bigger needs than WR. I hope he ends up in New Orleans. What a great fit.

The Broncos have bigger needs than WR. I hope he ends up in New Orleans. What a great fit.

I agree-I think the biggest need on the team is Offensive Tackle. I think Denver won't get Andrew Thomas (Georgia) after they won Sunday, and if they beat the Lions or Raiders..........I'd wonder about them being too low to draft the Wirfs kid from Iowa. I think Walker Little from Stanford and the tackle from Washington are probably guys you can get late one-early two.

“He’s able to move like the top receiver on the team, or a slot,” Miller said. “He can come back and play running back, he can come in and play the H-back position. Laviska is a guy who does everything, and whenever you have that type of versatility, it’s definitely great.”

“I’m a lot older than him but I’m very familiar with his game and what he’s able to do,” Broncos linebacker Von Miller said.

“He’s able to move like the top receiver on the team, or a slot,” Miller said. “He can come back and play running back, he can come in and play the H-back position. Laviska is a guy who does everything, and whenever you have that type of versatility, it’s definitely great.”

“I’m a lot older than him but I’m very familiar with his game and what he’s able to do,” Broncos linebacker Von Miller said.
He has the WR upside of a Julio Jones with the speed, quickness and running ability of McCaffrey with the size and power of Leonard Fournette. He is a one-of-a-kind player.

He has the WR upside of a Julio Jones with the speed, quickness and running ability of McCaffrey with the size and power of Leonard Fournette. He is a one-of-a-kind player.

KC with Kelce and the way they use him in a bit of a non-traditional TE role is what I keep thinking about.

This is what Terrell Owens did in his HOF Career, and these stats are legendary. I cannot stand TO, but he was good.
He played the Super Bowl with a Broken Foot, and if you watch his highlights, he was very fast and powerful. Again, I wish I could come up with another comparison of size, speed, power, and uniqueness. I agree that Viska needs to run routes far more crisply, but I think that he has not had to because of his athleticism. I hope he goes to a good team that helps him continue to develop and who can use him creatively. If not the Broncos, then the Packers, 49ers, or the Cardinals would be awesome.

View attachment 32906

Playing-style wise, this is where my mind goes as well. Running at defenders and trucking them consistently is a rare WR trait.
They’re totally different mentally though. Viska is soft-spoken and doesn’t seem to have any diva qualities.
T.O.’s intensity was volatile but it’s also a big part of why he’s in the top 3-5 of career WR statistics.

I’m surprised I don’t see many here calling the Eagles as a good destination. The have a big need, young QB, and will be picking in the teens or low 20s. I can 95% guarantee they will be taking a WR in the 1st or 2nd.

Playing-style wise, this is where my mind goes as well. Running at defenders and trucking them consistently is a rare WR trait.
They’re totally different mentally though. Viska is soft-spoken and doesn’t seem to have any diva qualities.
T.O.’s intensity was volatile but it’s also a big part of why he’s in the top 3-5 of career WR statistics.

I’m surprised I don’t see many here calling the Eagles as a good destination. The have a big need, young QB, and will be picking in the teens or low 20s. I can 95% guarantee they will be taking a WR in the 1st or 2nd.

I like Wentz and Philly, but just feels like a place Viska would be a fish out of water (Living in Philadelphia would suck)? Viska mentioned the Dolphins as his favorite team, wonder where that comes from? Maybe it was his Dad's favorite team. Would kinda like to see him go to the Cowboys since he would be local to his family, and Chido can mentor him.

I like Wentz and Philly, but just feels like a place Viska would be a fish out of water (Living in Philadelphia would suck)? Viska mentioned the Dolphins as his favorite team, wonder where that comes from? Maybe it was his Dad's favorite team. Would kinda like to see him go to the Cowboys since he would be local to his family, and Chido can mentor him.
He has memories of his dad in Dolphins gear I believe.

Weird post. Why would Viska be a fish out of water in Philly (or anywhere)? Also, Chido and Viska didn't overlap at CU and don't play the same position or the same side of the ball. Not seeing any kind of mentorship there...

If we want Viska to maximize his career then he has to go to a reliable franchise that doesn’t already have an alpha WR but does have a QB in his prime and a quality offensive-minded coach.

The Eagles fit that criteria the most. I could see arguments for the Cardinals (would mean he’s a top 10 pick) and Ravens/49ers (slides to bottom of 1st).

When you look at who has picks in the teens/20s, it’s mostly either teams that already have prime WR(s), or an aging QB, or some other undesirable combination of underwhelming coach/QB/franchise.

Laviska has the potential to be the most impactful offensive player in the draft IMO, and it's because you can play him anywhere. 29/32 teams in the league would waste him by just sticking him at receiver and forgetting about it. Don't get me wrong, he'd be successful in that role, he just wouldn't reach his transcendent potential.

To me, Viska can play outside, inside at slot, H-Back, Tight End, Fullback, and I bet he would also succeed at running back. What you could do is have a couple different playcalls based on what personnel the defense comes out in. You could come out in a 5 WR set and if there are no linebackers or big safeties, you can motion Viska to the backfield and hand it to him. Or you could come out with 4 WR and 1 RB and use him to lead block if the defense has 6 DBs. Then if the defense tries to adjust to this by replacing a CB with a S/LB you create mismatches in the passing game. He can create a matchup advantage somewhere on the field on virtually every play because there are so few Derwin James type players that could both cover him and come in the box to stop the run.

The Ravens to me would be a slam dunk. Good luck to any defense with Lamar Jackson and Viska in the backfield

The Saints would be a good fit since Sean Payton has shown he can be creative with players with the way he's used Taysom Hill

And Andy Reid I'm sure could figure out how to use him

I don't think any other coach in the league has the balls to use him the way he should be used.

Laviska has the potential to be the most impactful offensive player in the draft IMO, and it's because you can play him anywhere.

It is precisely because he cannot play QB except an occasional wildcat that he won't be the "most impactful offensive player" in the draft. Not a knock on Viska, just that the NFL is a QB driven league.

It is precisely because he cannot play QB except an occasional wildcat that he won't be the "most impactful offensive player" in the draft. Not a knock on Viska, just that the NFL is a QB driven league.

Well sure

Probably should have specified skill position player

The Athletic has him at #26 to Buffalo:
" With durability questions and average speed, Shenault might fall out of the top 25, but his size, power and instincts with the ball in his hands would be a great addition in Buffalo"

"Average speed" . . . . WTF.
The things I constantly see Viska knocked for are his sub standard route running (accurate because he was used as a swiss army knife), his lack of fit in a pro offense (see previous), and a "lack of speed".

Viska gonna show a lot of people they have no idea what they're looking at when he runs in the 4.4s.

edited-- someone else posted the athletic prediction first. i think the speed knock is bull ****.

i'll say it right now-- he's a top 10 pick. if he drops lower than that, someone is getting an absolute steal.

I seem to remember people saying Phillip Lindsay had questionable speed, too. No freaking idea where this narrative on Viska comes from.

Back