What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

LaVontae Shenault suspended indefinitely.

It's not some egregious thing, just something relatively small that is still breaking team rules and it wasn't a first offense type situation. cu3x saying he's probably gone is just him talking out his ass. That's not the case.

While Dorrell says he has a path back, personally, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see his name in the transfer portal by seasons end. There is a group on Facebook, 'Buffs Nation', and LaVonte's mom had a few choice words to say about Dorrell, CU, Boulder Police, Colorado fans, as the state of Colorado in general. I suspect much of it was her lashing out after reading some mean 'kick him off the team' statements from members of the group, as many mothers would do when protecting their own, but I got the impression she believes her son has been targeted and is better off leaving.

Last edited:
He’s got a lot to prove and improve, IMO. I’ve seen enough out of MLC and B Rice to make me care less about L Shenault.

Vontae is a really good player. Exceptional even.

And, I'm rooting for him as a human.
This.

It is very easy to fall into the habit of supporting a college team in the same manner one would support an NFL franchise, forgetting that these are kids fresh out of HS and away from home for the very first time in their lives. I'm guilty of taking that mindset from time to time.

These players are tasked with a lot and under an immense amount of pressure. For the most part, the players are making some of the same mistakes the average student on campus is and it's up to the university and coach who has been entrusted to guide these kids to help support them and put them back on the right path.

I want him to figure his **** out and be awesome here.
I’ll be super pissed if he pulls a Brian Calhoun/Colt Brennan*

*(the transfer and be mad successful part).

While Dorrell says he has a path back, personally, I wouldn't be completely surprised to see his name in the transfer portal by seasons end. There is a group on Facebook, 'Buffs Nation', and LaVonte's mom had a few choice words to say about Dorrell, CU, Boulder Police, Colorado fans, as the state of Colorado in general. I suspect much of it was her lashing out after reading some mean 'kick him off the team' statements from members of the group, as many mothers would do when protecting their own, but I got the impression she believes her son has been targeted and is better off leaving.
All speculation of course, but sometimes a mother's instinct to protect her boy is exactly the opposite treatment he needs.

This.

It is very easy to fall into the habit of supporting a college team in the same manner one would support an NFL franchise, forgetting that these are kids fresh out of HS and away from home for the very first time in their lives. I'm guilty of taking that mindset from time to time.

These players are tasked with a lot and under an immense amount of pressure. For the most part, the players are making some of the same mistakes the average student on campus is and it's up to the university and coach who has been entrusted to guide these kids to help support them and put them back on the right path.
I think this is an area KD thrives in.

CU is not good enough to have this kind of take
My point was not to dismiss, and care less about, Shenault as a person. I hope he gets all the support he clearly needs and turns his life around. My point was, from an on-field production standpoint, I’m less worried than I would have been otherwise given the production from the other two WRs.

My can? My can kissed your dick?
The "probably " comes from the fact CU has a clear, '3 suspensions and you're gone policy.. I'm glad KD ils giving him some room.
Bread is one of the limp-dick, weak ego people that cruises message boards looking for people to insult - anonymously and at distance of course. Let's him feel better about himself for a few minutes.

The "probably " comes from the fact CU has a clear, '3 suspensions and you're gone policy.. I'm glad KD ils giving him some room.
Bread is one of the limp-dick, weak ego people that cruises message boards looking for people to insult - anonymously and at distance of course. Let's him feel better about himself for a few minutes.
No. And also, where is this "clear" 3 suspension and you're gone policy stated? I think you may have just pulled it out of your asshole

Interesting take considering this is the only message board I actively post on. Also interesting in that I've posted who I am and who one of my family members is. But if you think my entire game here is to come on this board and insult people, I'm not sure what messages of mine you've been reading. Please feel free to ignore :ROFLMAO:

Unnecessary call out on my limp dick issues though, that part was spot on.

Last edited:
Interesting take considering this is the only message board I actively post on. Also interesting in that I've posted who I am and who one of my family members is. But if you think my entire game here is to come on this board and insult people, I'm not sure what messages of mine you've been reading. Please feel free to ignore :ROFLMAO:

Unnecessary call out on my limp dick issues though, that part was spot on.
epw reversal GIF

All speculation of course, but sometimes a mother's instinct to protect her boy is exactly the opposite treatment he needs.
It's called "enabling" and it happens far too regularly! People have to learn there are consequences when you f*ck up!

You shield them from learning, and they'll NEVER get it!

Oh, yeah! Cater to his every whim! Really inculcates a sense of personal responsibility!
Understand what you're saying, but this is a sport where it's de rigueur to put the team up in a hotel room out of town the night before home games -- to help keep the temptations down.

It's that important to the university.

It would be fitting in this system to have someone following up on player legal responsibilities, for the good of the team, not the growth of the player.

Understand what you're saying, but this is a sport where it's de rigueur to put the team up in a hotel room out of town the night before home games -- to help keep the temptations down.

It's that important to the university.

It would be fitting in this system to have someone following up on player legal responsibilities, for the good of the team, not the growth of the player.
This is the first time in AllBuffs history that “inculcate” and “de rigueur” have been used in the same post. Take a bow.

Back