What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matches Thread- #19 SOCCER opens Big 12 play on the road @ KSU (Thurs., 9/12/24, 6:00 MT), #15 OSU (Thurs., 9/19, 6:00 MT) & ISU (Sunday, 11:00 AM MT)

Media after last (late) night's victory:

Article - https://cubuffs.com/news/2024/9/19/soccer-no-21-buffs-lasso-no-12-oklahoma-state

"

No. 21 Buffs Lasso No. 12 Oklahoma State​

CU extends its win streak to seven games

By: Seth Pringle, Athletic Communications

STILLWATER, OKLA. — It was a triumphant return to Neal Patterson Stadium Thursday night for Colorado goalkeeper Jordan Nytes. The former Oklahoma State netminder set the Colorado record for longest consecutive shutout streak by minutes, and goals from Hope Leyba and Jace Holley helped the No. 21 Buffaloes hand the No. 12 Cowgirls their first loss of the season 2-1.

"It was definitely an emotional experience," Nytes said of her return. "Just being back where you've made memories and playing against people you know. I think once the game started, that definitely was something I tuned out. It was important to just focus on our team – winning the game and making sure that I kept our team together before anything.

The match was delayed during warmups due to circling lightning in the area, pushing kickoff an hour and ten minutes from the original 7 p.m. CT start.

"It was a great performance tonight from the Buffs," head coach Danny Sanchez expressed. "I really liked our mental toughness through the delay. It was a great momentum builder from Jordi, making a fantastic save on the penalty. I think it really gave us a lift."

Colorado (8-1-0, 2-0-0) pushed its win streak to seven games. Leyba's goal late in the first half was the first goal allowed by the Cowgirls this season.

Nytes made three saves and recorded her 21st career win as a Buffs. The Cowgirls (8-1-1, 1-1-0) got on the board in the 64th minute, ending her shutout streak at 583:33.

"I didn't even know that was a record you could have," Nytes added. "It's cool to set records and see where we could go. It's unfortunate they got the goal, but the biggest thing is we came out with a result and got three points out of that game."

Leyba moved into a tie for the team lead in goals, notching her fifth of the season. Holley's goal was her third of the season, now having scored in back-to-back matches. All three of Holley's goals this season have been game-winners.

"I thought they were both very good," Sanchez said of the two forwards. "The movement was great, especially at the end of the game, when they [OSU] were starting to get a little bit tired, closing things down and pressing was a key to our success tonight."

Up Next
The Buffs continue on the road on Sunday, heading to Ames, Iowa, to take on Iowa State. (11 a.m. MT).

Notes
The win ties Nytes for fifth all-time at CU alongside Dani Hansen and Kate Scheele (21)It is the Buffs' first-ranked win on the road since beating No. 10 California on Mar. 5, 2021…Thursday was also Colorado's first win over a top-15 team since beating No. 14 Michigan State in Boulder last season (Aug. 27, 2023)…CU improves to 71-66-14 in the Big 12…OSU's goal was just the fifth allowed by the Buffs and the first since Aug. 22 vs Wyoming…Fisher's assist was her second of the season…H. Leyba is now tied with Shyra James for the team lead in points with 11 this season…James did not play due to injury.
"

Box score - https://cubuffs.com/sports/womens-soccer/stats/2024/oklahoma-state/boxscore/17026

Wanted to mention that the announcers noted that official RPI ratings are now being released for the season.

I just went in and looked, and per https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-women/d1/ncaa-womens-soccer-rpi the Buffs are at #30 after yesterday. (The broadcast, I believe, showed a table during the match last night that had the Buffs at #45, so last night's win seemed to have helped a lot. I seem to remember in prior years that the NCAA website only released new RPI's once a week (right after the weekend). It will be nice if they're now doing it nightly.)

Last edited:
that was a good listen. Announcers were really good an not just one sided. complemented both teams and coaches during the broadcast. They said CU was the best team they have seen in Stillwater this season. It was a good broadcast

Back