What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Matches Thread- (RV) Volleyball @ a Pac 12/Big 10 Challenge facing host Iowa (Friday, 9/6, 6:00 MT) & #5 Illinois (Sat., 3:00 MT)

Like most CU fans, I was otherwise occupied yesterday.

But a sweep of #5 Illinois away from The Keg is a monster win. Needs to be given more attention. That’s big time. Shows we have a legit national program.

Of course it's a long grind of a season, but obviously a great start. For those who don't follow the team, wanted to mention the start is even more impressive to me given the overall youth contributing on the court during the matches. (So far, the 9 players who seem to have received the bulk of the play and have been in the starting rotation for every match have been 2 seniors, 4 sophomores (2 of whom are redshirts) and 3 true freshmen.)

Like most CU fans, I was otherwise occupied yesterday.

But a sweep of #5 Illinois away from The Keg is a monster win. Needs to be given more attention. That’s big time. Shows we have a legit national program.
Thought this could be a bit of a rebuilding year, but what do I know? Obviously nothing.

Of course it's a long grind of a season, but obviously a great start. For those who don't follow the team, wanted to mention the start is even more impressive to me given the overall youth contributing on the court during the matches. (So far, the 9 players who seem to have received the bulk of the play and have been in the starting rotation for every match have been 2 seniors, 4 sophomores (2 of whom are redshirts) and 3 true freshmen.)
They lost a ton of experience from last year’s team. Totally agree with how impressive this start is and it is a testament to the level of player CU is bringing in now.

They lost two All Americans in Alexis Smith and Naghede Abu. Replaced with true freshmen who are doing a fantastic job.

The trip to China helped immensely I'm sure, but I am impressed by what the coaching staff has done in this young season.

The two matches against CSU this week will tell us a lot about the team.

One thing of note I have from the press conference - The Buffs and Rams also plan on playing twice next year; then will re-evaluate whether they want to make it a recurring thing. (Due to MASSIVE importance of RPI, it could be a good match-up to emphasize/ double up on going forward.)

Sanchez, Boyle and Mahoney have all talked about how hard it is to get home and homes with good teams.

Between the two coaches, this is a friendly rivalry. Jesse was an assistant at CSU. I know the team and Jesse both want to win both matches.

I like the home and away. It does not hurt the RPI of either team, so that makes it more agreeable. CSU's RPI is hurt by their conference while CU's is helped by it's conference.

JR Payne has also talked about the difficulty in getting home and home games with good teams. It didn't used to be like that.

Of all the sports, I think volleyball is the best matchup with CSU. CSU has a really good program and I do not mind playing home and away. It should be two good evenings of volleyball

Back