What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs vs. The Trees

Scotch

Club Member
Junta Member
Buffs vs. the Trees(dumbest mascot evar!!!!)

Tip: 7pm

TV: ESPN2(Bill Walton is back in town!)

Radio: 760am

Preview:

http://www.cubuffs.com/news/2017/3/...-ready-for-theft-minded-stanford-defense.aspx

The Buffs are still playing for a tourney seed, and an NIT bid. They should be able to pull this one out, but I think we all learned after the CSU game not to take anything for granted with this team. At least we're getting treated like grown ups tonight and have a respectable 7pm tip!

I believe Peters is still suspended.

Wes has to be on his defensive game against Reid Travis tonight. Travis was unstoppable against Jordan Bell last weekend, when Stanford nearly beat Oregon. I also worry about Pickens getting hot from 3. CU has to box out tonight, as Stanford has dominated a few teams on the boards, including Oregon last weekend. Hopefully Tad's domination over Stanford continues.

Stop Pickens & Travis and the Buffs roll. Easier said than done, but...

This has a potential to be a very #TadBall game.

White on Pickens. Double off their point guards (make them shoot). Take care of the boards.
Simple gameplan

This is where not having a defensive wing hurts. I'd be nice to let White rest and guard a lesser player until the last 5 minutes of the game. Wouldn't mind seeing more Brown tonight.

This is where not having a defensive wing hurts. I'd be nice to let White rest and guard a lesser player until the last 5 minutes of the game. Wouldn't mind seeing more Brown tonight.

Then guarding one of the PG would be ideal.
Stop penetration and then help when dump into Travis

I'll be there (but I fear not enough others will be, the last game crowd was slim).
Two home games left....seniors.....come on, put it all out there with effort and hustle and a bit of basketball brainery!

Even if we win tonight, I'm not sure this team can beat Furd in the P12 tournament. They are uninspired.

Wow. Walton just went fully political in a 1.5 minute monologue about the Amrican Indian movement fighting the pipeline in N.D.

Stanford is our bitch but we need to hope for Wazzu as the 10 seed in the P12T. Beating a team 3x is notoriously difficult.

Cal game Saturday is shaping up to be an interesting match. Cal is getting rolled by Utah (42-22 Utes at half), which if it holds will leave the two teams in a tie for 4th place and the bye. Cal has the tie-breaker, and needs to win in Boulder to ensure 4th place. (Utes get Stanford at home, and start is later than the Buff game.) On the other hand, Buffs have a bunch of seniors playing their final game, and further need the win to claim 7th place - currently tied with ASU, I assume ASU has the tie-breaker with the ripoff loss there, and they play AZ in their final game.

The season may be nearly shot for the Buffs, but the dynamics and motivation will make this an interesting one and worthy of a good crowd. I expect the Buffs will win in spite of Cal's strong motivation to get the bye - after all it's at CEC.

Stanford is our bitch but we need to hope for Wazzu as the 10 seed in the P12T. Beating a team 3x is notoriously difficult.

Well ... we did beat a pretty good KjSU team 3 times in 2011, and they wound up being a 5 seed in the Dance. For all the good it did us that year.

Well ... we did beat a pretty good KjSU team 3 times in 2011, and they wound up being a 5 seed in the Dance. For all the good it did us that year.

Yup and a huge component of what makes it stick in memory (mine at least) was beating them 3x because it's so unusual. Especially when you play a team so late in the regular season.

Back