What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Game Thread: Buffs vs. The Trees

Fun to see Wes great passing out of the high post.
King continuing to show great effort.
And XJ....thanks for your effort.
Go Buffs....keep pushing hard!

Interesting:

http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketb...assistant-bill-grier-aids-cu-hoops?source=rss

Colorado head coach Tad Boyle gave the new guy the credit for the practice drill that helped set the this week for the Buffaloes' 91-72 win Thursday night against Stanford.

As the Buffs prepared for the Cardinal, Boyle's squad went through a drill in which each team's points only counted if the baskets arrived via an assist from a teammate.

The exercise was a new one for the Buffs, and the brainchild of first-year assistant Bill Grier.

While CU's coaching staff has struggled to press the right buttons with a 2016-17 team that has been inconsistent all season, Grier's wrinkle this week paid dividends as CU posted a season-best 25 assists against Stanford on 35 field goals.

25 assists has to be a record in the Boyle era doesn't it?

A CU win is always good. Beating Stanford is even better. Beating Stanford MBB eight times in a row - that's where we are at. Hail Tad.

That was a great game to watch. I could tell they were having fun and playing like a team by looking for that extra pass. If they can keep the team play going on Saturday and beat a stronger Cal team then they may be dangerous in the P12 tournament next week.

It's been awhile since the Buffs have had a game where the cutting off the post was so effective. In particular I was impressed with the two freshmen in how well they made sharp cuts to the basket.

In general is was a very different style of offense than we've seen much of the season where there has been a high degree of dependence on individual initiative to get a basket. Could you imagine them winning games earlier this season with Derrick White not hitting double figures?

That 2nd half offense was a thing of beauty.

As great as it is to see this season when this team clicks like that, it's also so bittersweet because we know what could have been. 3-5 more wins were readily there for them and this should have been a tourney team. I know, beating a dead horse. I'm struggling to get past it, though.

Back