What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB Week 13 (Jan 29th - Feb 4th)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
There wasn't a ton happening on Monday or Tuesday, so I was slow posting.

Tonight's a bunch of interesting games that will re-set the Bubble (too many to list). For CU's strength of schedule, one I've got my eye on is New Mexico at Utah State. The Lobos are 6-3 in MWC to finally claw back to .500 on the season at 11-11. Looks like they might have something working now. A win tonight at 12-11 Utah State (always a tough place to play) would put them in good position to close this season strong.

And Pedo State is playing "Massage" State tonight (that's the best euphemism I could come up with on short notice). Can they both lose?

P-12 is considering 20 conference games and Tad stopped today's practice 1/2 way through - going back tonight:

"Today we just had the worst practice of our year," Boyle said bluntly. "Wasn't even close. … We're coming back tonight and we're going to finish it up. We were not very good today. … If we play Utah on Friday night like we practiced today, it's going to be the eighth loss (against Utah) for the Buffs." from CUBuffs.com article

I love that Tad stopped it halfway through and is making them come back. Nice tactic. I expect that they'll respond.

20 conference games, as Tad noted, would likely cut down on the quality of non-conference games. Not sure that would help the leagues status

20 conference games, as Tad noted, would likely cut down on the quality of non-conference games. Not sure that would help the leagues status
Depends on which games he decides are in his best interest to drop. As long as non-conference SOS remains so important for an NCAA tourney invite, I don't think this is going to cause him to drop decent opponents and keep all the cupcakes. It's not like in football where you're better off beating Mercer than losing to Oklahoma or Notre Dame.

ASU @ Wash tonight. From both a Pac-12 standings and RPI view I think we want ASU to win.

P-12 is considering 20 conference games and Tad stopped today's practice 1/2 way through - going back tonight:

"Today we just had the worst practice of our year," Boyle said bluntly. "Wasn't even close. … We're coming back tonight and we're going to finish it up. We were not very good today. … If we play Utah on Friday night like we practiced today, it's going to be the eighth loss (against Utah) for the Buffs." from CUBuffs.com article

We play enough conference games already-no need to add to it.

Wichita State and Temple going to OT on ESPN2 after Temple ties it with 6 seconds left

OSU is destroying KU at Allen Fieldhouse right now. 46-28 with 2:53 left in the 1st. :confused:

KU did what it needed to do in the 1st segment of 2H. Got it down to 7 points with 16 minutes to play.

Duke is in big trouble down 9 with 10 to go. Bagley is sitting with 4 fouls and has been for a few minutes now.

KU just couldn't get enough stops to come back. Final 16 minutes were played with a 7-12 point margin. Just hit a couple 3s to get it to 5, but not enough time left as long as OSU doesn't turn the ball over.

I've watched KU a few times this year, something is missing with them. Then again, they can beat anybody on any given day. This is the most wide open field to make a run at the National Title in quite some time, no telling who it will be.

Okie Lite decided to miss a bunch of free throws and give Kansas a shot.

Okie Lite decided to miss a bunch of free throws and give Kansas a shot.
But Kansas then wasted possessions trying to get an "easy" 2 points on consecutive trips while down by 5.

Great win for OSU and its tourney resume.

St. John's up by 1 with 44 seconds & the ball. 5 seconds to shoot coming out of the timeout.

Not enough time for Duke to play defense. Foul shooting competition on the way.

Great win by the Johnnies!

Always liked that program. Hope they're on their way back.

Forgot that Chris Mullin was coaching the Johnnies these days, and looks like Mitch Richmond is an assistant coach there. I mean, if all else fails, just have the coaches suit up; could probably still knock down some spot up jumpers.

Back