What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mike Sanford – OC/Interim Head Coach University of Colorado

absinthe

Ambitious but rubbish.
Club Member
Junta Member

I joked about making sure we didn’t trip over our very own Dabo Sweeny in the interview timeline thread – but he’s here, he’s head coaching and it has happened in the past where a coach got the interim label, killed it and got hired. What would you need to see from Sanford to support him as an option? 2 wins? 3 wins?

I joked about making sure we didn’t trip over our very own Dabo Sweeny in the interview timeline thread – but he’s here, he’s head coaching and it has happened in the past where a coach got the interim label, killed it and got hired. What would you need to see from Sanford to support him as an option? 2 wins? 3 wins?
As I also kind of joked in another thread, 6-1 at minimum, 7-0 would be ideal.

I'm open to being blown away, but I'd need to see a lot of winning.

Not really worried about that happening-even thought I think CU does win a game or two down the stretch. I'm really looking forward to Jerdough's case for Mike Sanford though.

Sanford is not even on my radar right now beyond this being an audition for him to impress the next HC to keep his OC job or snag one elsewhere.

I suppose that would change if the team started winning.

I’m at the point with Sanford that nik suggesting him as OC next year personally offends me
I'm not suggesting him.

But damn, dude, the guy's on a 3 year deal and is about to serve as interim HC for 7 games. Total control of the offense the rest of the way. I don't know how that wouldn't be called an audition.

This has shades of Clay Helton all over it. Just don’t do it - hire a real head coach. Ask yourself, would anyone else in the country want this guy as their HC?

This has shades of Clay Helton all over it. Just don’t do it - hire a real head coach. Ask yourself, would anyone else in the country want this guy as their HC?
Not true. Sanford has way more hair than Helton.

Don't think we need to be too concerned here.
Buffs have a chance against Cal or ASU ...a chance...after that um ...no

Give him this-the guy has done everything right since he's taken over. Said all the right things on Sunday. Practice looked like it was fun yesterday. ****, he took a picture with Peggy Coppom. I'm impressed. I'm excited to watch the Cal game now. In short, I'm totally open to being blown away. Let's see what this team does starting next week when Cal gets in here. Until then, this isn't worth talking about.

No Way Comedy GIF by CBC

I'm not saying we should hire him - our offensive results speak for themselves, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I love the way this guy has handled himself the last two weeks, and he is obviously the anti-Dorrell.

A coach running up and down the sidelines, hugging and high-fiving players, doing all he can to build them up instead of passively tearing them down?

Yes please. I don't know what his recruiting results are, but I would love to find a way to retain him - just not as HC or OC.

I'm not saying we should hire him - our offensive results speak for themselves, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I love the way this guy has handled himself the last two weeks, and he is obviously the anti-Dorrell.

A coach running up and down the sidelines, hugging and high-fiving players, doing all he can to build them up instead of passively tearing them down?

Yes please. I don't know what his recruiting results are, but I would love to find a way to retain him - just not as HC or OC.
Danny Devito Smh GIF

No. Is he the same guy when he’s just a WR coach? I’ve also been impressed with how he’s handled the situation, but he’s not a great coach and the stuff we liked about him the last 2 weeks are the bare minimum expectation for a HC at this level. Being a breath of fresh air compared to Dorrell is not enough.

Anyone seriously suggesting that Sanford should be considered at this moment will receive a perma ban. Thank you for your attention.

I invite you to read the first and last lines of my most recent post in this thread.

No. Is he the same guy when he’s just a WR coach? I’ve also been impressed with how he’s handled the situation, but he’s not a great coach and the stuff we liked about him the last 2 weeks are the bare minimum expectation for a HC at this level. Being a breath of fresh air compared to Dorrell is not enough.

I don't know what he's like as a position coach. I've never paid attention anything about him other than his less than stellar results as an OC until the last 2 weeks. I'm impressed with how he's handled himself over the past 2 weeks and if it makes sense, I'd like to see him stay on the staff in a position that fits what he's the best fit at., which is not head coach or offensive coordinator.

i am not ready to anoint him the next coming of Coach Mac because he won a game. i do however appreciate the huge changes he got into place in a short time and i will remain open-minded.

he's already proven to be better than kd pretty much at everything a hc needs to do but that is not the bar we need to cross.

Back