What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

National Championship Thread

Who will win the national championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We got a Pac12 crew reffing the game tonight.
giphy.gif

We got a Pac12 crew reffing the game tonight.
I feel that Pac-12 officials have become pretty good now. My only thing is that I think they're a bit "soft" with how much physicality and chippiness they allow. I hope they don't force LSU & Clemson into a finesse game or make calls that penalize big hits or celebration. Also, can't be calling PI every time a WR is breathed on -- hand fighting has to be allowed on the outside. Got to let them play in this one while being firm about not letting things get out of hand.

Go CU!!!

I’ve always liked Clemson for some reason. Maybe it’s the paw print on the helmets.

I like both coaches. I am probably pulling for Clemson a little bit. This should be a very good matchup with probably the best 2 QBs in college FB leading both offenses. Clemson has been here before and should not get rattled. LSU has looked very good also. Going to sit back with a beer and enjoy the game.

I give Clemson the advantage on coaching, but LSU the advantage on strength of schedule, virtual home field advantage, defense, and a slight advantage on QB, realizing that these are maybe the 2 best college QBs since .......a long long tme.

Pardon me if this has been posted...

Clemson has 37 players who have played in the Natty.

LSU has 0.

I took LSU -5.5 anyway, but am not that confident.

SIAP - great article on Clemson staff traveling to Iowa State last summer to learn some tricks on Defense. May require a sub, but a very interesting article. It seems to me that Summers went to something like this near the end as pressure started coming from everywhere, but I'd have to go back and rewatch some games.

The Athletic

SIAP - great article on Clemson staff traveling to Iowa State last summer to learn some tricks on Defense. May require a sub, but a very interesting article. It seems to me that Summers went to something like this near the end as pressure started coming from everywhere, but I'd have to go back and rewatch some games.

The Athletic

“That’s the whole thing about this game: We all take from everybody else,” he said. “I don’t think there’s a whole bunch out there that’s a real secret.” (Iowa State DC)

Football in a nutshell.

That's the first time, and likely the last time, I ever hear that home crowd advantage is a problem.

Same with being favored in betting.
Note the word "may."

Clemson has been there before, this LSU team at the start of the season was expected to be good most people had Bama' or UGA coming out of the SEC.

The issue with the home town crowd is that all the pressure is going to be on LSU. Clemson is the team that can play the nobody believes in us game.

Thinking here is that if Clemson makes a mistake they have experience and are more likely to overcome it. If LSU makes a mistake the pressure from the crowd along with the rest could magnify it and lead to more mistakes when they press.

Back