What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Anyone know what a typical salary in that league is? I did some quick googling, and only managed to find out that they defaulted on paying players a decade ago :)

Probably not the right thread, but I had to post this somewhere:

Jordan Bell - F/C - Warriors
Andre Iguodala told Jordan Bell to "stop doing stupid stuff" during the Warriors championship parade.
"He enjoyed himself. It was his first time," Iguodala said. "And obviously at Oregon, they don't teach guys certain things. The Oregon guys aren't used to being professional basketball players." Fellow University of Arizona product Steve Kerr has talked about a youth movement for the No. 5-9 spots in the rotation, and there's a very good chance Bell is a big factor. He'll be a high-upside target in standard leagues, especially if Kevon Looney gets a big offer elsewhere.
Source: NBC Sports Bay Area
Jun 15 - 5:29 PM

I keep reading and hearing that Zaire Smith is the first non ESPN top 100 recruit to be drafted in the first round.... Are people forgetting about Derrick White, Roberson and Burks!??

Would be fun to hear what George was thinking during his red shirt year. Did he truly believe this is where he would end up eventually?
Couldn't be happier for him, as that move turned out to be a great thing for him. It had to be hard to do that, and his unselfish behavior makes the positive outcome all the better.

Congrats to George. Looks like a good opportunity to make the roster.
Suns need help

This

Not only did he get drafted but he went to a team that has room for talent. They are also in full rebuild mode so they can work on development instead of focusing on getting every win. George is still developing as a basketball player so this part is important.

With this draft they are also getting much more athletic as a team which will be a better fit for him. He wouldn't be a good fit with a team that likes to slow it down and be very rigid in what they do.

Really an amazing journey with King.

I never would have guessed during his freshman year that he would end up being a team leader and mentor as a senior. I've rarely seen a guy grow and mature this much over his college career. Very proud of him.

I never would have guessed during his freshman year that he would end up being a team leader and mentor as a senior. I've rarely seen a guy grow and mature this much over his college career. Very proud of him.
Bill Walton was on board early enough, he may have built the band wagon.

Seconded. GK made the most out of his time here and deserves all the success he's had (and will continue to have).

That's one of the great things about sports man. Doesn't even have to be sports really but that's his platform for it. Not all the time but, sometimes, folks step up and surprise you. He should damn sure be proud of it, he earned it. Definitely proud of him.

Wonder who's next...I figure our best bet at this time is Bey. Wright is probably too small, not sure Schwartz is athletic enough, and Walton needs to keep developing. While we may end up watching some of our favorite teams the next few years, not sure that will end up in any NBA draft picks.

Wonder who's next...I figure our best bet at this time is Bey. Wright is probably too small, not sure Schwartz is athletic enough, and Walton needs to keep developing. While we may end up watching some of our favorite teams the next few years, not sure that will end up in any NBA draft picks.
Bey is definitely the most NBA type athlete who has the size & length they want. Like Dre, he could be the 3rd or 4th scoring option on a very good CU team while ending up as the highest draft pick.

For sure. I hope for him and the team it all comes together for Bey and he gets drafted. Just for publicity's sake though, I hope it Schwartz and even Walton get some NBA sniffs. No matter how good MWIV gets, he won't get drafted due to his size. I just find it odd that I really think we're going to watch two seasons of our favorite teams at CU, and we may just have one potential draft pick.

Back