What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

Dinwiddie and his team have created Calaxy, short for creator galaxy, a mobile app expected to go live in late October.

On the app, creators and influencers will be able to sell digital blockchain-backed tokens integrated with digital contract company ChainLink that won’t just sell bonds like what Dinwiddie sold earlier this year. Tokens will also be used to redeem interactions with Calaxy’s creator network (like a virtual basketball camp or an online chat with Dinwiddie), speculate on future value and some will be dividend producing, the 27-year-old told me. He’s starting a Series A round of funding in two weeks and is aiming for a nine-figure valuation.

Dinwiddie hopes Calaxy will be the future of community engagement for the creator economy similar to how Cameo helps celebrities monetize their fame and how OnlyFans helps its users monetize other assets. He said that several NBA players, two singers and WNBA player Imani McGee-Stafford are already on board.

Not exactly news, and maybe I’m reading too much into it, but seems like he thinks his time in BK is over.

Yeah, sucks for him, because it seems like he really poured a lot of himself into rebuilding that franchise. He has definitely made a solid name for himself, and there's a lot of chatter about the Nets wanting to make a splash - get that third elite player. They're rumored to be in the Jrue sweepstakes, and Mayor is a very attractive and tradeable asset. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

Not exactly news, and maybe I’m reading too much into it, but seems like he thinks his time in BK is over.

I think Spencer is a key piece in the Nets trying to trade for either Jrue or Beal as a backcourt mate to Kyrie.

So long as he starts where he lands, I'll be happy. He always played far better when Levert and Kyrie were injured, which is tough if you actually want him to be a 6th man for a contender rotating with those two. I actually think the Pelicans would be a great landing spot, he has great chemistry with bigs like Allen so Zion would probably suit him well. Would be cool to see him on his home team Lakers but I don't think they have the trade assets. He also has 1 year on his contract so he's in a good situation regardless.

I know it's not going to happen but if Spencer were to somehow end up in Denver taking Harris spot it would make us a much better team.

Denver's stars are going to be Jokic and Murray, that's already determined. We are all hoping that MPJ can continue his development and become a third option offensively to take the heat off the stars. Add Spencer and you would have a perfect compliment to Denver's existing players.

He doesn't have a star attitude but he has star potential. He's happy scoring 15 if his team wins the game but he can score 30 if you need him too do it. He also adds another better ballhandler than they have with Harris and is a solid defend as well.

I know it's not going to happen but if Spencer were to somehow end up in Denver taking Harris spot it would make us a much better team.

Denver's stars are going to be Jokic and Murray, that's already determined. We are all hoping that MPJ can continue his development and become a third option offensively to take the heat off the stars. Add Spencer and you would have a perfect compliment to Denver's existing players.

He doesn't have a star attitude but he has star potential. He's happy scoring 15 if his team wins the game but he can score 30 if you need him too do it. He also adds another better ballhandler than they have with Harris and is a solid defend as well.
Solid may be a charitable description of Spencer as a defender.

There's no need to add offense to the roster, unless it's a consistent catch and shoot off ball player.

The downgrade in D from Harris to Spencer would be significant, and it would hurt.

Solid may be a charitable description of Spencer as a defender.

There's no need to add offense to the roster, unless it's a consistent catch and shoot off ball player.

The downgrade in D from Harris to Spencer would be significant, and it would hurt.
He's not a great defender but he can and does play it. He would add that consistent catch and shoot ability, he would also add a guy who can go to the rim effectively.

Unlike Harris he shows up under pressure, Harris far too often disappears.

And if MPJ does continue to develop more offense isn't critical but it would make the Nuggets a better team. We have seen that with his big step up Murray is still inconsistent, we also saw some stretches in the playoffs when Joker wasn't at his best. I'd love to see a supporting guy who steps up when needed, Spencer does that.

Harden is trying to force a trade to the Nets. Would Spencer be a part of that or some combination of trades that would send Harden to NJ?

Harden is trying to force a trade to the Nets. Would Spencer be a part of that or some combination of trades that would send Harden to NJ?
You have to think so. He is mentioned in most rumored trade deals. He is a good point guard that is great creating on his own and scoring. With Kyrie and KD (plus any other potential star) there won't be any need for someone to create on their own. An elite defender would be a better fit for the Nets. It's too bad since Spencer was a big reason Kyrie ended up at the Nets.

Back