What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NBA (and other pro league) Buffs

You have to think so. He is mentioned in most rumored trade deals. He is a good point guard that is great creating on his own and scoring. With Kyrie and KD (plus any other potential star) there won't be any need for someone to create on their own. An elite defender would be a better fit for the Nets. It's too bad since Spencer was a big reason Kyrie ended up at the Nets.
Yeah. Spencer needs to be orchestrating with the ball in his hands. If he's asked to be a catch-and-shoot guy, it's a waste of his skills.

What’s a two way contract?

I had to look it up quick

Per https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/202021-nba-two-way-contract-tracker.html#:~:text=As we explain in depth,be poached by rival franchises.):

"
As we explain in depth in our FAQ, two-way contracts allow NBA teams to carry two extra players in addition to the 15 on their regular season roster. These players typically spend most of their time with the club’s G League affiliate, but remain under team control and can’t be poached by rival franchises.

During the shortened 2020/21 season, two-way deals will work a little differently than usual. Rather than being limited to spending 45 days with their NBA teams, two-way players will be eligible to be active for up to 50 of their team’s 72 NBA games. And instead of having their salaries by how many days they spend in the NBA, they’ll receive flat salaries of $449,155.
"

Good for him. Roberson signed a comparable contract a couple years ago.

Dinwiddie kinda screwed himself $$ wise. I think he signed a 3 for like $33mil. He could probably triple that right now

Good for him. Roberson signed a comparable contract a couple years ago.

Dinwiddie kinda screwed himself $$ wise. I think he signed a 3 for like $33mil. He could probably triple that right now
Roberson was 3 for 30. Spence could definitely have gotten more, but he seems to really enjoy playing on the Nets. He has outplayed his contract, and I imagine he will cash in soon (he has a player option after this season, so he could be UFA next year). I don't think he will be anywhere close to triple his current contract though on an annual basis.

Roberson was 3 for 30. Spence could definitely have gotten more, but he seems to really enjoy playing on the Nets. He has outplayed his contract, and I imagine he will cash in soon (he has a player option after this season, so he could be UFA next year). I don't think he will be anywhere close to triple his current contract though on an annual basis.
Yeah. I was mistaken. Iirc Roberson was rumored a similar contract and ended up getting much less.

Hope Dinwiddie continues to ball out

Yeah. I was mistaken. Iirc Roberson was rumored a similar contract and ended up getting much less.

Hope Dinwiddie continues to ball out
Spencer is going to sign for very big money after this season, when he turns down his player option. I suspect in the range of, or slightly higher than, what Derrick White just got. I'd predict 4 yr 80 mil for Spencer this summer.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

Was this a contract year for Spence?
Nope, signed through next year. $11.4 million this year, $12.3 next year, all guaranteed.

If he can use this year to heal and fully rehab and come back strong next season he is an unrestricted FA for 2022.

He'll get his money.

Honestly, he’d probably be smart to still opt out this offseason. ****ty FA class and lots of teams with cap space. Someone will probably still offer him money.

So now we’re here... a contact based partial ACL tear. No other structural damage, minimal swelling and cartilage in tact proving the years of work did their job and protected me. Pre op prognosis “this surgery should be very simple and straightforward. Virtually no non weight bearing period post op either. Honestly Spence, your knee looks a lot younger than most 27yr olds.”

Good article on what a re-do of the 2014 draft might hypothetically look like (Dinwiddie's draft class where Wiggins was #1 and Spencer #38). Dinwiddie would go to Denver in the first round at #11 now (where Doug McDermott was taken originally). Wiggins drops to #7, and Jokic becomes the #1 overall pick, so the Nugs would actually come out worse.

Redrafting the 2014 NBA Draft | Yardbarker

Back