What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Transfer Portal and the Buffs

And the entire point is that it’s not either/or. They have added two immediate starters in the portal and will likely add at least one or two more. Defense is clearly their priority. Just feels like you are looking hard for something to complain about, when everything the staff has done so far this offseason has been on point.
There is a lot to complain about with this staff and you do not have to look hard or long to find it. Yes, they are trying make up for the lack of effort in recruiting. Make pops now with talent if you can. If you are going to have to force kids out after spring practices, focus on where the need is. Like I said above, check the box with a TE (who has not played tight end in college) and go get more Defense

There are really only four positions on the team where you want one guy to be the guy all year. QB, K, P, LS. Ideally your starting 5 OL would play as a unit without rotation as well but injuries rarely let that happen.

Every other position on the team is better if you are able to rotate quality players in the course of the game.

So if we have two excellent recruited prospects coming in. Great considering the black hole that TE has been in recent years that is a huge step forward but it doesn't mean we are finished at the position. TE is a complex position requiring a variety of skills and a lot of energy expended. Even if you play mostly one TE sets you can easily work three into the game plan and each can contribute. For a team that is still trying to develop and OL and wants to effectively run the ball in a diverse offense we should see a lot of two TE sets.

Bottom line is that bringing in a solidly recruited young player says nothing about the other guys including the recent recruits being less than expected. It just says we saw an opportunity to improve the team and did it.

With where we are as a team right now I would have no problem with them bringing in a player like this one at almost any position other that STs and making room for him as long as it improves our roster.

As I mentioned above, its not an either or situation. With how the transfer portal is now, especially this year, you can turn your team around pretty quickly. Ultimately, they could bring in a transfer at every position if they desire to if they thought it would improve the talent and they most certainly could.

I think it is an area of need if you watched any of the offense after Russell went down. Plus, if you think other areas of are of bigger need, then they can still go and get that. They can get as many transfers as they want and it seems that is what is going to happen

Adam made a great point yesterday. You would never have seen this with Macintyre or Hawkins. KD is being extremely aggressive in his approach to improve the roster and I just can't wrap my mind around someone not wanting that.

Adam is dead wrong here. MacIntyre was pretty much all in on transfers toward the end of his tenure.

Adam is dead wrong here. MacIntyre was pretty much all in on transfers toward the end of his tenure.
All I can remember him getting was McMillian as a transfer the last few years. Unless you are putting JUCO's into that?

I am.

MM actually did reasonable well with transfers. High school recruiting was mostly the issue. The same is still the case with Dorrell until proven otherwise.
Got ya. I do view Juco's differently than a traditional transfer.

MM's Juco's always needed a year or two to develop and then you'd only get one good year out of them.

It seems KD is only bringing in guys who are immediate players who have been in P5 programs or high level players. I guess we will see how it plays out, but I do think there is a difference.

MM's Juco's always needed a year or two to develop and then you'd only get one good year out of them.

It seems KD is only bringing in guys who are immediate players who have been in P5 programs or high level players. I guess we will see how it plays out, but I do think there is a difference.
Time will tell for sure. He is bringing in guys who were high level high school kids that did not play or were switched to a position they were better suited for

I can see some differences, but it still seems like it is mostly giving deference to KD because he is supposedly approaching transfers in a more strategic way. A lot still depends on the prep side.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

If we do not upgrade almost every spot on the D, we better be able to score at will because we are not going to stop anyone
Defense was frighteningly bad after Nate went down.

More than player personnel, though, the biggest impact moves for the defense were firing our DC and upgrading to an elite S&C Coach. We'll see a lot of improvement from those changes.

Defense was frighteningly bad after Nate went down.

More than player personnel, though, the biggest impact moves for the defense were firing our DC and upgrading to an elite S&C Coach. We'll see a lot of improvement from those changes.
To an extent but they lack speed and athleticism across the board. We better be able to score in bunches

I suppose Alfano is technically a transfer. Not like we are losing any production there at all.

Back