What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

NCAA Transfer Portal and the Buffs

I laughed as so did everyone else that KSU went the JUCO route....not much difference between then and the portal today other than eligibility.
Tell the truth...if one of the 2 RBs that Alabama lost to the portal recently...you wouldn't want to see one in the Black & Gold?
Are you saying there is no difference between fishing for JUCO talent and taking a four/five star talent that couldn't get pt at Alabama? If so please immediately fill your prescription.

JMO..the portal is creating parity that I and others are only now realizing G5's getting 4* castoffs they never had a chance at originally that now have 1-3 yrs of high level coaching because they've been recruited over.

JMO..the portal is creating parity that I and others are only now realizing G5's getting 4* castoffs they never had a chance at originally that now have 1-3 yrs of high level coaching because they've been recruited over.
Right, but the 4* kids they never had a shot at out of high school typically haven't lived up to that 4* rating, particularly if they are going the G5 route. The guys that are transferring who can actually play are typically transferring laterally (P5 to P5) for geographic or depth chart reasons, or they are transferring "up" (middling P5 to elite P5).

Are you saying there is no difference between fishing for JUCO talent and taking a four/five star talent that couldn't get pt at Alabama? If so please immediately fill your prescription.
Simple every high 3 or 4* that didn't qualify...name fails me the RB we recruited that went JUCO then played for 2 seasons at Arkansas. It's not that big of a stretch considering we've had several JUCO players (Witherspoon) that can play D1 and make it to the league.
I could compile a list of JUCO players that have excelled @D1 one being from my last residence in Cameron, TX. (the YEO 3A , 3peat ) by virtue of 2 yrs @ OU 3rd in the Heisman Vote.

Right, but the 4* kids they never had a shot at out of high school typically haven't lived up to that 4* rating, particularly if they are going the G5 route. The guys that are transferring who can actually play are typically transferring laterally (P5 to P5) for geographic or depth chart reasons, or they are transferring "up" (middling P5 to elite P5).
That is their first choice hands down still we've seen so many leave their home state..now they're coming back.
How many G5 QB's this last bowl season that originally committed to a out of state P5? I know of 2

That is their first choice hands down still we've seen so many leave their home state..now they're coming back.
How many G5 QB's this last bowl season that originally committed to a out of state P5? I know of 2
Highlight reel, fantastic in those 2 time throws that hit the mark beyond 10 yards (and big plays surely). The rest, good reads, not much else. His tackle (not in this show reel) is amazing...have to abs love it to bits...the instinct, the guts, the heart, will never forget it...but is that a QB that makes a diff? Def not. I’m happy for what he did for us, equally happy that he moves on.

Vongor changed his mind. Now have one spot available. The coaching staff should go after another tackle.

a. Oregon native, grad degree from there may be more meaningful to him.
b. Knows Lindgren's playbook and terminology, so learning curve risks mitigated.
c. Lindgren knows his strengths and limitations.
d. QB depth chart at OSU is pretty weak and I think Sam can win the job

a. Oregon native, grad degree from there may be more meaningful to him.
b. Knows Lindgren's playbook and terminology, so learning curve risks mitigated.
c. Lindgren knows his strengths and limitations.
d. QB depth chart at OSU is pretty weak and I think Sam can win the job
RE: D. Gebbia seems to be the guy and Nolan ain't bad. Probably going to take something special to unseat one or both.

This would be a massive win in recruiting (and it is recruiting in this era). Could start immediately. Positive reviews on his play & future at Oklahoma. Sooners had to beat out Alabama & LSU to sign him in the first place.
Are we thinking we even have a chance at this dude?

Back