What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Buff Beer

Avery in general is 🤮
giphy.gif

Don’t go characterizing all Lagers as ****ty mass produced adjunct beers.

Haha my bad. There are actually some really good lagers I’ve bought and enjoyed, Bud and Coors not being 1 of them. I’m more of a flavor guy so stouts, IPA’s, Kolsch’s etc I really like. I’ll be honest there are very few beers I’ve hated in my life, I just like good beer.

Haha my bad. There are actually some really good lagers I’ve bought and enjoyed, Bud and Coors not being 1 of them. I’m more of a flavor guy so stouts, IPA’s, Kolsch’s etc I really like. I’ll be honest there are very few beers I’ve hated in my life, I just like good beer.
Try a Baltic Porter or a good German Bock.

Top fermenting yeast=ale
Bottom fermenting yeast=lager

I’m mostly with you on beer preferences. Stouts, porters and dark ales for me. I do enjoy the occasional lager (eg, Negra Modelo) when it’s hot out. The Pilsner lagers are too light for me. Not an IPA guy, though. I think that extra hoppiness overwhelms my pallet.

Top fermenting yeast=ale

I’ve tried both! I drink everything!
I’m mostly with you on beer preferences. Stouts, porters and dark ales for me. I do enjoy the occasional lager (eg, Negra Modelo) when it’s hot out. The Pilsner lagers are too light for me. Not an IPA guy, though. I think that extra hoppiness overwhelms my pallet.

Exactly the same than, every once and awhile i go for a modelo or Dos Equis. IPA’s are definitely an acquired taste though, lots despise them. There are some that are so mild I think most people would enjoy them. Lazy Dog has a huckleberry haze IPA and it’s so smooth even my wife likes it. I rarely look at beer types when I buy beer, I just grab stuff I’ve never had and see what I think.

Top fermenting yeast=ale

so my buddy and I were at bevmo way back when we were beer newbies, we asked the employee what a Bock was. (we were looking at a Sam Adams Double Bock) He looks at us, looks at the beer and is like, "so it's like a bock, but twice the amount of bock. Any other questions let me know." And just walked away

so my buddy and I were at bevmo way back when we were beer newbies, we asked the employee what a Bock was. (we were looking at a Sam Adams Double Bock) He looks at us, looks at the beer and is like, "so it's like a bock, but twice the amount of bock. Any other questions let me know." And just walked away

What a dick lol

Are you sure you weren’t in a government building? Because that sounds like the response that you would get from a typical bureaucrat.

I’ve always liked beer but I never took the time to learn about it until I started brewing myself.

Are you sure you weren’t in a government building? Because that sounds like the response that you would get from a typical bureaucrat.

I’ve always liked beer but I never took the time to learn about it until I started brewing myself.

I’ve dabbled with my younger brother, it’s pretty fun. I still don’t know **** though.

IPA guy more than lagers. so, i get what others are saying.

I'm happy for the success of Avery but their stuff isn't what it used to be. I used to get Avery IPA underfill/overfill 6 packs from a guy i knew on the hill/worked at Avery in the late 90's early 00's....for about 5$ a 6 pack.

happens to all the CO breweries when they get "big". still have a good product, but just the way it is when you start doing more.....move to a big facility.

Ska Modus Hoperandi was "go to" in Boulder until i moved to New Mexico a year ago. Upslope was always on sale at Liquormart. so, i bought that. Asher was my fave Boulder brewery but kinda pricey.

in NM, craft beer is decent enough. and you can get O Dells and tamales at the Snappy Mart.

NB, Ska, Odells are all good. As is Avery. Love Great Divide and Breckenridge as well.

I’ll drink anything Colorado made. Great divide, ska, Avery, NB, Odell, Finkel and garf, Breckinridge, funkwerks, renegade, odd 13, Avalanche, Boulder Beer, Oskar Blues, Left Hand, echo, Fate, dry dock, Odyssey, Durango, eddy line, sanitas, Denver beer CO. Collision in firestone/Longmont has great beer and good food, cool restaurant. Actually just finished a Oskar blues can-o-bliss, I like this ****.

How can you like NB, Odell and Ska and dislike Avery? That makes zero sense. They’re all craft breweries making variations of the same beer, their beers are awesome.
Hint: they are not all the same. Some of the beers taste better than that other beer.

There is actually quite a bit of experimentation going on with lagers in the craft beer scene. It is a growing segment and will be one of the next big trends. Lager does not mean it has to be Bud or Coors. Hops and adjuncts work just as well with Lagers. Oktoberfest is fermenting in my basement right now!

I tend to prefer pilsners, because most breweries seem to do lagers with a slightly malty, bubblegum flavor with no balance with bitterness. If I am doing a lager I want it to be crisp, with little or no sweet. I haven’t found any go to’s for that, but I’m open to suggestions!

Perhaps the malt level is necessary and I just hate lagers in general.

Exactly the same than, every once and awhile i go for a modelo or Dos Equis. IPA’s are definitely an acquired taste though, lots despise them. There are some that are so mild I think most people would enjoy them. Lazy Dog has a huckleberry haze IPA and it’s so smooth even my wife likes it. I rarely look at beer types when I buy beer, I just grab stuff I’ve never had and see what I think.

I'm the exact opposite. Wheats, lagers and pilsners are my favorites. I like stouts and darks every now and then. I can appreciate IPAs, but mostly only for a taste or two.

Where can one find this fine adult beverage in town? I don't like beer usually, but I will buy a six pack of this.

I'm the exact opposite. Wheats, lagers and pilsners are my favorites. I like stouts and darks every now and then. I can appreciate IPAs, but mostly only for a taste or two.

I agree. Plus I am so tired of all of these quadruple aged IPA that was brewed in the horn of a ram. After going to Munich recently, just give me a good ole Weissebier or Pilsner that isn't some damn fancy POS, just great taste.

Back