What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nov 27, 2023, What should Prime Prioritize Now?

What should Prime prioritize now:

• Current Coaching Plans

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Player Evals/Current Roster

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Prime hits the Portal Now

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Prime and Staff can do it all at the same time

Votes: 29 56.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SL on Oklahoma hot board. https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/oklahoma-offensive-coordinator-hot-board

Maybe he can take BOB in a package deal. The more I think about BOB is that he way oversold the talent on the oline and the guys he brought in. IMO, it finally, went to an oh-s...t scenario. The tell for me is the Dline, although not great did improve playing games (2nd half of season) rather than practice. IMO, their improvement was probably going against the opposing teams Oline. I'm not saying the Dline was great by any means, but they seemed to make more plays later in the season.

SL on Oklahoma hot board. https://www.si.com/college/oklahoma/football/oklahoma-offensive-coordinator-hot-board

Maybe he can take BOB in a package deal. The more I think about BOB is that he way oversold the talent on the oline and the guys he brought in. IMO, it finally, went to an oh-s...t scenario. The tell for me is the Dline, although not great did improve playing games (2nd half of season) rather than practice. IMO, their improvement was probably going against the opposing teams Oline. I'm not saying the Dline was great by any means, but they seemed to make more plays later in the season.
I think that what was needed for the OL to make the SL offense work became invalid when we didn't run the offense as intended and then went farther away from it each week.

I think that what was needed for the OL to make the SL offense work became invalid when we didn't run the offense as intended and then went farther away from it each week.

It will be interesting to be a fly on the wall and figure out what happened. Certainly, whatever it was came to a head from 2nd half Stanford onto UCLA then OSU and something boiled over. I was wondering if BB from above and SL from below got pass happy (feature receivers); the other teams just figured out the offense and could game-plan it, whatever SL was trying to do; or the players getting tunnel vision. We ran the ball decent against Stanford, but could not put the game away. Next you go 11 rb attempts @UCLA and rb 11 attempts v. OSU (where only a couple were really during the valid parts of the game). It was like Stanford shook the Oline/running game and they never recovered to get a few yards.

SS's gets the plays and I would not imagine he audibles out of a bunch out of runs during the 1st year of an offense install? The UCLA game was interesting because they forced 4 turnovers, they are on the road (so tough to audible) however just bush-wacked on the line. Then OSU was interesting because it was at home and a closer game, yet they ran even less? Shurmer takes over calling the plays v. UoA, not that successful at running, but 3 sacks then came up short scoring 31.

All the coaches had to absorb the Stanford debacle. Then they cannot get a run. I still wonder what the offense as intended really was? It seemed to me to be shotgun and pace but not many adjustments and wrinkles as the D's caught up to our O.

Recruiting is the priority.

Functionally, you don't need coaches hired until January - except that hiring those coaches now can have a significant impact on recruiting. Biggest one is clarity at OC so guys know what system they'd be committing to. Also, if any of the hires would be from P5 there would be recruiting relationships that could be beneficial right now.
If the Leftwich stuff is true, get him in the door with an analyst title until Lewis leaves and get him through whatever NCAA **** needs to be done so he can recruit.

No point in sitting on that if its fairly close.

That's a perfect fit for Lewis. Whoever gets that job is going to have a ton of autonomy.

Got a buddy who works for the AD down there, and he thinks Venables is WAY too involved with their defense still. Not the first time I've heard that. Have kind of meh success over two years like Lebby did and you're a power 4 head coach.

Except they absolutely choked when it mattered - Zona, OSU, Utah.

Looks like they focused on #1, but strong consensus is they can handle 1-3 at the same time. Filling the OC position probably alleviates 2&3 to a degree. Thanks for voting in the poll.

One thing that I have found eerie is how much the fans/pundits minds race when Prime is not in the media daily. When he is silent, everyone has a feeling that something is up...

Back