What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Carousel very active for mid-October
Shown the door:

Maryland: Edsall out
University of North Texas: Dan McCarney out.
University of Illinois: Tim Beckman out.
U$C: Sarkissian out.
The other USC: Spurrier to retire as in right now (h/t to Sno)

Hot seat:

Miami: Al Golden getting heat
UT: Strong having a rough year, but won the RRSS

Moonlighting:

George (how did that get on my resume?) O'Leary steps down as AD, but stays as HC

Last edited:

wow. He's gone TONIGHT. quitting midseason. Must really want a fall on the golf course before taking corso's job.

This has been an interesting day for sure. On a normal Monday the eighth ranked team having its starting QB suspended alone would be plenty.

Yep, hopefully he decides to do some tv.

spurriergivesnof.jpg

Plenty of lame duck assistant coaches already. MacIntyre may want to do his research ahead of the AFCA convention.

I've read multiple things this afternoon saying that Sarkisian could have cover under the ADA if he wanted to sue claiming he was rehabbing. The question with that is did they waive any public intoxication clauses in Sarkisian's contract by allowing him to continue working after the Salute to Troy fiasco, as Darren Rovell tweeted today?

1. Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 3h3 hours ago
    If public intoxication was part of the for clause in Sark's contract, USC might have waived that right when they allowed him back at work.
    Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 3h3 hours ago
  2. If USC fired Sarkisian for cause, he might have a case if he says he was rehabbing. Possible he's protected by American Disabilities Act.

118 retweets118 favorites

This is what I was referring to when people accused me of being insensitive.

The medical profession has recognized alcoholism as a disease. Sark and his lawyer should be able to make a very solid case that he has the disease and that these things weren't just isolated incidents of bad judgement.

Have zero knowledge but it wouldn't surprise me if California law doesn't give the employee more protection in this regard than the ADA does. My sense is that USC doesn't want to chance this in court or the court of public opinion. I expect that in the end Sark is going to get a solid buyout.

I hope he is able to use that buy out to solidly get through rehab and move successfully on to living a sober life. That may be done better with some time away from coaching.

wow. He's gone TONIGHT. quitting midseason. Must really want a fall on the golf course before taking corso's job.

As much as he likes the game I don't think he is going to be playing much golf.

Heard over the summer similar to what I had heard prior. Spurriers knees are so bad it hurts him to stand through a game. He has a hard time getting around practice and travel, even in first class is very painful. Because of years of knee pain he has altered his walk enough that the pain is now almost constant in his back.

The brain is still there but the body just won't take it any more.

I've read multiple things this afternoon saying that Sarkisian could have cover under the ADA if he wanted to sue claiming he was rehabbing. The question with that is did they waive any public intoxication clauses in Sarkisian's contract by allowing him to continue working after the Salute to Troy fiasco, as Darren Rovell tweeted today?

1. Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 3h3 hours ago
    If public intoxication was part of the for clause in Sark's contract, USC might have waived that right when they allowed him back at work.
    Darren Rovell ‏@darrenrovell 3h3 hours ago
  2. If USC fired Sarkisian for cause, he might have a case if he says he was rehabbing. Possible he's protected by American Disabilities Act.

118 retweets118 favorites
If alcohol was negatively effecting his job and/or he was under the influence at work, they can fire him.

If alcohol was negatively effecting his job and/or he was under the influence at work, they can fire him.

I think to keep everything quiet from here on out, they'll come to an agreeable settlement for both parties.

The gossip dump the last couple days was a way to make sure Sark doesn't fight the settlement, which will probably be less than he's owed.

Here is what I know about Sark from a friend who's son plays on the D-Line at UW.
1. He has a major drinking problem.
2. He has regular melt downs in practice. Multiple times he has walked off the practice field, jumped in his car, and drove home, leaving the assistants to finish practice and whatever post practice work needed to take place.
3. Has "his guys" on the team, and doesn't even talk to the other players, or call them by their name.

There is a pretty big group of parents who drew a line in the sand this year. "If he's not gone by the end of the season, we're transferring".

Chuck_Schick, Dec 3, 2013EditReport

12/3/13 - Called it.

I think to keep everything quiet from here on out, they'll come to an agreeable settlement for both parties.

The gossip dump the last couple days was a way to make sure Sark doesn't fight the settlement, which will probably be less than he's owed.
I bet he's tying one on tonight. You know, drowning his sorrows. Pretty sad he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge he has a problem.

Here is what I know about Sark from a friend who's son plays on the D-Line at UW.
1. He has a major drinking problem.
2. He has regular melt downs in practice. Multiple times he has walked off the practice field, jumped in his car, and drove home, leaving the assistants to finish practice and whatever post practice work needed to take place.
3. Has "his guys" on the team, and doesn't even talk to the other players, or call them by their name.

There is a pretty big group of parents who drew a line in the sand this year. "If he's not gone by the end of the season, we're transferring".

Chuck_Schick, Dec 3, 2013EditReport

12/3/13 - Called it.

I remember seeing that story posted on the UW scout board at the time. It was brushed off as the ramblings of a bitter parent.

I remember seeing that story posted on the UW scout board at the time. It was brushed off as the ramblings of a bitter parent.
I just assumed it was some Purple Rein swoosh thing that we weren't cool enough to understand.

Back