What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the CFB coaching news not related to MikMac.

1. Wazzu is in a pickle. Do they stay Air Raid, or retool to a different O? If they do the latter, they will get curb stomped for 2-20 years. If they stay Air Raid, can they find another Air Raid practictioner? Dykes, Harrell, ????

2. If they go Harrell, Helton has an even greater opportunity to corkscrew SC into the ground by losing his OC. I don't know why any CU fan would not be excited about that.

3. The Pirate sailing to Pascagoula and moving inland to Starkville is going to make for some highly entertaining CFB drama.

4. The Egg Bowl will be required viewing. Kiffin v. Leach? I cannot wait.

5. Leach v. Saban? Leach v. the SEC? The quotes are going to be epic.

Back to the CFB coaching news not related to MikMac.

1. Wazzu is in a pickle. Do they stay Air Raid, or retool to a different O? If they do the latter, they will get curb stomped for 2-20 years. If they stay Air Raid, can they find another Air Raid practictioner? Dykes, Harrell, ????

2. If they go Harrell, Helton has an even greater opportunity to corkscrew SC into the ground by losing his OC. I don't know why any CU fan would not be excited about that.

3. The Pirate sailing to Pascagoula and moving inland to Starkville is going to make for some highly entertaining CFB drama.

4. The Egg Bowl will be required viewing. Kiffin v. Leach? I cannot wait.

5. Leach v. Saban? Leach v. the SEC? The quotes are going to be epic.

I said when their MBB job opened I thought they needed to go get somebody who would run that Tony Bennett system-they got to a sweet 16 and multiple NCAA's with him in charge, but they've stunk since. Let's hope they make the mistake of going away from what they know will work again lol. Either way, that needs to be a W next year. Do we avoid them in 2021-22?

Eh, why? They were a good team with him, but they weren't national players and didn't really raise the prestige of the conference by winning ~7 games/year and going 2-3 in bowl games.
Until you compare it to the years between him taking over and when Mike Price left. Leach absolutely raised the prestige of the conference by converting a perennial loser into a regular bowl competitor.

Until you compare it to the years between him taking over and when Mike Price left. Leach absolutely raised the prestige of the conference by converting a perennial loser into a regular bowl competitor.
The Pac 12 is viewed worse nationally over the last few years than it ever has been, and that includes an 11 win season from them. WSU doesn't raise the prestige of the conference in any way, shape or form.

The Pac 12 is viewed worse nationally over the last few years than it ever has been, and that includes an 11 win season from them. WSU doesn't raise the prestige of the conference in any way, shape or form.
Not even comedically? I hear Leach is a riot in a presser.

Washington State averaged over 8 regular season wins in the last five years. They are a bottom tier program. When a conference has programs exceeding expectations like that and they lose their coach it obviously isn't good for the conference.

You don't understand. Mike Leach is HILARIOUS and a NATIONAL TREASURE! He talks about pirates and fat girlfriends! No one can escape his HILARIOUS takes!

I dunno, I think you’re begrudging here. This a begrudge free safe zone for coaches.

Curious what you all think about Eric Bieniemy ever getting a HC gig in the NFL... I just can't help but feel lukewarm on him given what a disaster his tenure was with Embree. It wasn't just bad - it was awful. Both the X's and O's and the mood around the program...

I'm sure he's grown and learned under Reid -- but he also isn't really the guy calling the plays... So I just wonder if he's really deserving of being elevated or if he's just hitched himself to the right offense and is getting consideration based mostly on that.

Curious what you all think about Eric Bieniemy ever getting a HC gig in the NFL... I just can't help but feel lukewarm on him given what a disaster his tenure was with Embree. It wasn't just bad - it was awful. Both the X's and O's and the mood around the program...

I'm sure he's grown and learned under Reid -- but he also isn't really the guy calling the plays... So I just wonder if he's really deserving of being elevated or if he's just hitched himself to the right offense and is getting consideration based mostly on that.

I think the fear that Andy Reid is really the OC is more of a hurdle for him than the failed years at CU.

I think the fear that Andy Reid is really the OC is more of a hurdle for him than the failed years at CU.

You could have said the same thing about Doug Pedersen when he took over the Eagles-he's got a ring. This was a down year for NFL vacancies-we usually see 6-8, but we had five this year......with one being the Browns. EB might be better off staying with the Chiefs for another year and then hoping a gig like the Falcons job opens next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back