What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
If USC can't get a Urban Meyer or James Franklin, I could actually see them rolling the dice by promoting Graham Harrell. Offensive Coordinator wizzes in their 30s are en vogue right now and this is Los Angeles where the prime example of that is toast of the town with the LA Rams.
They’re going to fire Helton and promote his OC?? Come on, nik. That would be an awful hire. They should always be swimming in the “sure thing” candidate pool.

They’re going to fire Helton and promote his OC?? Come on, nik. That would be an awful hire. They should always be swimming in the “sure thing” candidate pool.
They should be going after the elite options. I said that.

But also, right now the reason USC is doing pretty well and being entertaining is Harrell. He's very popular with the USC fans.

No way. He's coaching in the XFL because he wants less stress. They'll try for Urban, and if they can't get him, they've got Jack Del Rio in their back pocket-they know he'll take that job.
I’d make him say no at some point. But I think I agree with you.

They should be going after the elite options. I said that.

But also, right now the reason USC is doing pretty well and being entertaining is Harrell. He's very popular with the USC fans.
I just don’t see USC as a job for a Rookie HC. It would have been like Chev finishing out the season with a solid OC performance and RG handing him the HC job...

I’d make him say no at some point. But I think I agree with you.

I suppose you can do that, but they can't afford a Tennessee disaster of a search if they dump Helton. If I'm their AD, I take one shot at Urban and if he says no I call Del Rio.

Mark May believes Urban to SC is all but done. Mark May is also not a reliable source.
My impression of how Urban was acting when he did the game at USC was that he appeared to be scouting, networking and investigating. Felt different than the typical broadcast.

I think pound for pound that might have been their worst hire ever and they have had some doosies. He was MIA with the Bergen County powers and the coaches thought he was aloof. I seriously think they would lose to most JuCo's of any note.

There is no way they can sneak Schiano by that female student body.

I still think Rex Ryan would be perfect. And this Ash idiot has a crazy buyout.

We have our first Jim Leavitt sighting

Each would be a solid hire for Rutgers. They need to play defense and recruit Florida. Schiano would give more with recruiting NJ and PA, which are also vital, plus he knows the landscape better than anyone.

By that definition, Schiano is the greatest coach of all time.
I was more thinking about the fact that he won big in the MWC, SEC, BIG and then would win big at the standard for suck in P5 football. He’s already in the conversation; winning at the worst program in the country would be a feat.

I was more thinking about the fact that he won big in the MWC, SEC, BIG and then would win big at the standard for suck in P5 football. He’s already in the conversation; winning at the worst program in the country would be a feat.
By this logic you would have a very good argument. He has built teams, he has taken over traditional powers, as you say Rutgers is an established doormat.

I don't like Urban, lots to indicate that he is a cheater and in many ways a phony but you can't argue with his results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back