What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

LOL!
That is complete nonsense.
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

We don’t have to live off that dream. We have scoreboard. When’s the last time Nebraska beat CU?
Okay. I'll play.
Nebraska beat CU in 2010. A great game. The score was 45-17.
The last 10 game W/L record is 6-4 Nebraska. Overall competitive.
The series W/L record is 49-20-2 Nebraska.

So you keep living the dream.

I'll live in reality. I know Nebraska has been subpar for the last 20 years. Hoping for improvement going forward.

Maybe NU and CU will pull themselves out of the trashcan of losers. It will be interesting with Coach Sparkles at the helm for. CU? Time will tell.

Okay. I'll play.

I'll live in reality. I know Nebraska has been subpar for the last 20 years. Hoping for improvement going forward.

Maybe NU and CU will pull themselves out of the trashcan of losers. It will be interesting with Coach Sparkles at the helm for. CU? Time will tell.
Coach Sparkles? MacElwain?

Okay. I'll play.

So, it’s been 13 years since Nebraska beat CU. But we are living in the past. Gotcha.

Okay. So what?
Just emphasizing the point that it's a balanced rivalry for the past 22 years. NU ran up a crazy good record from 1962-1985 and 1992-2000 (1-33) when NU was a top 5 national program. The only competitive time period during that elite period of NU's history was 1986-1991 when it was 3-2-1 while CU was also elite and we won our title.

I have a ton of respect for those 4 decades of NU football, but that's getting pretty far into the rear view mirror now.

Just emphasizing the point that it's a balanced rivalry for the past 22 years. NU ran up a crazy good record from 1962-1985 and 1992-2000 (1-33) when NU was a top 5 national program. The only competitive time period during that elite period of NU's history was 1986-1991 when it was 3-2-1 while CU was also elite and we won our title.

I have a ton of respect for those 4 decades of NU football, but that's getting pretty far into the rear view mirror now.
If the "pretty far" view in the mirror is all you got, I guess you keep looking to the rear view mirror.

I was simply stating facts.

CU fans are toplofty living on the 62-36 game. So right. Living in the past fits.
Here’s another fact: 62-36 destroyed Nebraska football as we knew it. So you can claim we are living in the past, but we like to think we did the world of college football a big favor by bitch-slapping you into a lifetime of mediocrity. We get thank-you cards all the time. It’s true.

Here’s another fact: 62-36 destroyed Nebraska football as we knew it. So you can claim we are living in the past, but we like to think we did the world of college football a big favor by bitch-slapping you into a lifetime of mediocrity. We get thank-you cards all the time. It’s true.
Is that's all you have to look forward to each morning?

Keep living the dream.

Keep living the dream.
We can walk and chew gum at the same time.

While our focus is on CU being the biggest story in college sports, we are still able to take moments to enjoy NU's permanent descent into irrelevance and celebrate CU being the main instrument of your destruction.

Keep living the dream.
2001 was an inflection point for NU. It sent you guys on a path to be the throw rug in the B1G basement. So yes, it is celebrated, sort of like VE Day or July 4. If that is living in the past, I have to say, it is comfy. Not to say that we have had much to crow about. CU has been a dumpster fire since 2004. I chalk that up to the utter incompetence of TPTB at Boulder. NU, OTOH, traces its fall to that fateful day at Folsom. I can only imagine how that still stings.

Remember that NU didn’t want to suck. It just happened. They can’t help it. Our wounds are entirely self inflicted.
Nebraska in the 2000s is the modern equivalent of Minnesota after their run from the 1930s thru the 1960s. Now they're comparable programs with the Gophers probably better positioned on population and resources going forward.

Let him laugh about it. He knows damn well it's true.

CU's administration absolutely wanted to suck. Maybe not overtly, but they made a decision for years that academics, citizenship and being the white knights of recruiting compliance while investing as little as possible was their program blueprint.
There you have it. CU SUCKS!

Back