What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

My take? Im glad we waited almost a week to broach the topic between you and I.

Well, here we go.... There probably was some twisting going on. That's football. Its a nothing burger. I hope the game never gets pussified to the extent that shinanigans are flagged or suspended. That being said... there are limits. Remember when Michael Vicks brother qb at Virginia Tech broke that dudes leg? That is a total thug play. Wrenching on an already sore knee, grabbing a guys junk, poking an eye... I won't condone but thats football. Where is that line to be crossed, hell if I know.

Much different than the takes here that focus on SF whining or whatever.... I don't blame Frost for sending it in for review, for no other reason than to show his players he will fight for them. He's still building trust and changing a culture with a bunch of guys he didn't recruit. I don't seriously think he's expecting a suspension or anything to come from it. I think he's also said he's done talking about it to the press.

As far as Red fans going extreme with their reaction.... the word fan is short for fanatic, its what they do. Going direct to an opposing player on social media is wrong but its the bad side of social media. Conversely, CU fans can whine about NU fans whining because they are equally fanatical. They (CU fans) have every right to stick up for that kid.

The odd part to me is a minority of CU fans wanted to see NU fans break tradition and boo or do things, throw things not in their traditional sportsmanlike manner like they would feel better if NU fans acted like, ...well honestly, ...act like they do. They want to cast shade on NU fans soooo badly they can taste it. Was not surprised how some fans on this site (a very small number) who went to the game wanting to find negatives to focus on. How do you see fault with fans saying "welcome" or "are you having fun?" "are you being treated ok?".... its just odd, to want to have a negative experience.

For better or worse, how NU fans clap after a loss is kinda cool. It was a lot easier in the 80s and 90s when home losses were rare but I got to say its better than Creighton fans do. Creighton fans are not disrespectful by any stretch but they dont clap either.

What is your take?
You and I will take our parochial stances (fans after all) and allow what we see to be influenced by our world view.

I don't see any evidence of leg-twisting. I think that fans targeting a player on social media is way, way over the top.

While I don't blame Frost sending the video to be examined--if only to show his guys he's got their backs--I think it was completely unprofessional to make it a public issue. He incited the response through his choices, and in doing so relinquished his accountability in the loss by shifting the focus to something external. He's a great coach, and I really admired him before this move. Now I think he's a little c.unt.

I absolutely wanted to see nebraska fans break tradition and boo, and this is why. Huskers hang their hats on their classiness, and they are quick to point out the clapping at the end of the game as evidence. However, I view the clapping as self-righteous. Furthermore, I've heard from other fanbases--not just CU's--who experience nebraska fans as ****ty fans. Which is fine, they're fans. They're just normal fans. Some are great--as experienced by our fan base last week--and some are not so great--also experienced by our fan base last week. That's everywhere. But the nebraska fans keep going back to clapping, and that somehow makes them better fans in their minds. I want to take that away, so they can see themselves as others do, for once--just normal fans (albeit unusually devoted).

This is a true post. I'd add, seeing NU lose to CU their first time out wasnt a shock, but what was shocking was that a lot of it had to do with Frost's decision making and time management. Sure there was a dropped TD pass, a dropped 1st down pass and a poorly timed personal foul but they still should have been able to win that game if called better.

Good post. It was a combination of things. I thought we looked the best we have in at least 5 years or more. We had 11 sacks all last season. We got 5 on Saturday and put up +500yds of offense. That's some good **** for the first game under new staff against a non-cupcake team with our qb out half the game and a walk-on filling in. We made some boneheaded turnovers and didn't force any and we STILL should have won the game had Reed not being a stupid ****ing idiot on that targeting on (MacIntyre?) I dunno one of your wide outs. Beautiful catch on that next series for the go ahead....everyone in the room (all wearing red) literally said "nice ****ing catch". I couldn't even be mad. I didn't really mind losing a contest like that but the only thing that really made me in a bad mood the rest of the day was Martinez getting hurt. THAT ****ING SUCKED and still sucks. I haven't seen a better looking quarterback for us since the Big 12. His pocket composure was outstanding, his read progression and check downs were outstanding and he is shifty. I really really liked him and now he's hurt :/

Last edited:
Good post. It was a combination of things. I thought we looked the best we have in at least 5 years or more. We had 11 sacks all last season. We got 5 on Saturday and put up +500yds of offense. That's some good **** for the first game under new staff against a non-cupcake team with our qb out half the game and a walk-on filling in. We made some boneheaded turnovers and didn't force any and we STILL should have won the game had Reed not being a stupid ****ing idiot on that targeting on (MacIntyre?) I dunno one of your wide outs. Beautiful catch on that next series for the go ahead....everyone in the room (all wearing red) literally said "nice ****ing catch". I couldn't even be mad. I didn't really mind losing a contest like that but the only thing that really made me in a bad mood the rest of the day was Martinez getting hurt. THAT ****ING SUCKED and still sucks.
He was only out at the end of the 4th quarter. Not half of the game.

....Remember when Michael Vicks brother qb at Virginia Tech broke that dudes leg? That is a total thug play....
no, and I've been following VT football fairly closely since the mid 80's. He definitely stomped on a Louisville player's leg after the whistle, but there were no broken bones resulting. Let's avoid hyperbole.

MV2 was (is?) a low-life punk and recruiting him was one of Frank Beamer's worst mistakes. That was definitely a thug play and I'm somewhat proud that VT expelled Marcus for it. He should've been kicked to the curb the year prior for elbowing a WVU coach as the team ran out of the tunnel.

My take? Im glad we waited almost a week to broach the topic between you and I.

Well, here we go.... There probably was some twisting going on. That's football. Its a nothing burger. I hope the game never gets pussified to the extent that shinanigans are flagged or suspended. That being said... there are limits. Remember when Michael Vicks brother qb at Virginia Tech broke that dudes leg? That is a total thug play. Wrenching on an already sore knee, grabbing a guys junk, poking an eye... I won't condone but thats football. Where is that line to be crossed, hell if I know.

Much different than the takes here that focus on SF whining or whatever.... I don't blame Frost for sending it in for review, for no other reason than to show his players he will fight for them. He's still building trust and changing a culture with a bunch of guys he didn't recruit. I don't seriously think he's expecting a suspension or anything to come from it. I think he's also said he's done talking about it to the press.

As far as Red fans going extreme with their reaction.... the word fan is short for fanatic, its what they do. Going direct to an opposing player on social media is wrong but its the bad side of social media. Conversely, CU fans can whine about NU fans whining because they are equally fanatical. They (CU fans) have every right to stick up for that kid.

The odd part to me is a minority of CU fans wanted to see NU fans break tradition and boo or do things, throw things not in their traditional sportsmanlike manner like they would feel better if NU fans acted like, ...well honestly, ...act like they do. They want to cast shade on NU fans soooo badly they can taste it. Was not surprised how some fans on this site (a very small number) who went to the game wanting to find negatives to focus on. How do you see fault with fans saying "welcome" or "are you having fun?" "are you being treated ok?".... its just odd, to want to have a negative experience.

For better or worse, how NU fans clap after a loss is kinda cool. It was a lot easier in the 80s and 90s when home losses were rare but I got to say its better than Creighton fans do. Creighton fans are not disrespectful by any stretch but they dont clap either.

What is your take?
Because it comes across as not genuine ..fake or forced. Kind of like the term 'southern hospitality'

I absolutely wanted to see nebraska fans break tradition and boo, and this is why. Huskers hang their hats on their classiness, and they are quick to point out the clapping at the end of the game as evidence. However, I view the clapping as self-righteous. Furthermore, I've heard from other fanbases--not just CU's--who experience nebraska fans as ****ty fans. Which is fine, they're fans. They're just normal fans. Some are great--as experienced by our fan base last week--and some are not so great--also experienced by our fan base last week. That's everywhere. But the nebraska fans keep going back to clapping, and that somehow makes them better fans in their minds. I want to take that away, so they can see themselves as others do, for once--just normal fans (albeit unusually devoted).
I love the last paragraph. The pain it gives you is awesome. How does one determine who is/are the best fan or fans? I shake my head myself at NU fans that just cant accept or fathom how anybody can follow the football team and not like the basketball team. I was even approached two weeks ago about it from a guy I've known for 20 years. They want to cast judgement as to the purity of fandom, that blindly following a school no matter the sport makes you a better fan. The fact I can talk detail of NUFB, as good as they can drives them bat schidt crazy. When I ask and I always ask "are you from Omaha?" And 98% say "no" I just simply reply "you dont understand Creighton, its an Omaha thing". Then I follow up with "do you think there are Marquette fans that go to Wisconsin FB games? Or Gonzaga fans that follow USC or UCLA? I just get that stare like i have 3 eyeballs. I get what you mean about those types of fans thinking they are better... but the clapping after a loss is legit and i respect that they do it.

Last edited:
Trust me, if your whining bitch of a coach and fan base had not started attacking our linebacker, and frost had actually decided to take his whoopin like a man, rather than trying to pass the buck back to CU, this thread would have died just as quickly as your chances to be relevant did on September 8th.
LOL!
Crap loads of fake news in that post.

Somebody didn't get laid.
So NU never becomes NU, the Bobfather never leaves Wyoming because the recruiting base in Nebraska is split..... One could argue Colorado never becomes anything without Nebraska to fuel the fire in their belly. You better thank Creighton.

(3. 2. 1. Que frustrated Gary meltdown)

WVS let's go back to last week for a second-Early in the 3rd quarter, Martinez was sacked (I don't remember who got him), fumbled, and the referees incorrectly ruled that his "forward progress was stopped". Had they gotten that play right, we would have had the ball on your 15 yard line, and added more points to that.

We turned you over three times. We also stopped you on fourth down three times (which are for all intensive purposes turnovers).......which led to only 14 points?

Here's my point-As fun as the dramatic finish was, it wouldn't have been needed if we had made Frosty pay for his decision to go for it three times on 4th down and Landman's INT. We let you stay in the game because we couldn't make you pay for your sloppiness.

Good post. It was a combination of things. I thought we looked the best we have in at least 5 years or more. We had 11 sacks all last season. We got 5 on Saturday and put up +500yds of offense. That's some good **** for the first game under new staff against a non-cupcake team with our qb out half the game and a walk-on filling in. We made some boneheaded turnovers and didn't force any and we STILL should have won the game had Reed not being a stupid ****ing idiot on that targeting on (MacIntyre?) I dunno one of your wide outs. Beautiful catch on that next series for the go ahead....everyone in the room (all wearing red) literally said "nice ****ing catch". I couldn't even be mad. I didn't really mind losing a contest like that but the only thing that really made me in a bad mood the rest of the day was Martinez getting hurt. THAT ****ING SUCKED and still sucks. I haven't seen a better looking quarterback for us since the Big 12. His pocket composure was outstanding, his read progression and check downs were outstanding and he is shifty. I really really liked him and now he's hurt :/
I’m sure someone already pointed it out, but he was only out the last 3:30 of the game. Backup only played the last 3:30 of the game.

Whatever happened to CSUHusker? He had to have had a ****ty last couple weeks
A double whammy for certain...

giphy.gif

Nubs down 3-0 to Troy at the end of the first. Troy has the ball at midfield after a Nubs interception on a really bad throw in to double coverage by the back up QB as Martinez isn't playing.

Those dumb ****ers really might get beat by us twice!

giphy.gif

Its 10-0. Punt return TD

Yeesh. 17-7 Troy at half. Feeling less positive about the win last week. Don't get me wrong; still happy we got the W in Lincoln; I'm just thinking that the level of competition we've faced may be a reason we've looked as good as we have.

Or, Frost allowed us to beat him twice.

Yeesh. 17-7 Troy at half. Feeling less positive about the win last week. Don't get me wrong; still happy we got the W in Lincoln; I'm just thinking that the level of competition we've faced may be a reason we've looked as good as we have.

Or, Frost allowed us to beat him twice.
I'm pretty sure Martinez is a hell of a lot better than Bunch.

Also the circumstances around the first game for Frosty and extra motivation.

Last edited:
I enjoyed watching Nebraska lose to Troy just now - makes the whining about how they beat themselves and we played dirty in the CU-NU game validated as just that - whining of a team that's not good enough to win.

Back