What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Hahahaha Akron is going to sue you silly if you do. You may not have to pay them all of it, but you're going to cut them a nice, fat check because you kicked the game off.
Correct, they will be paid but i doubt the full amount. The TV slot was set by Fox for the next day, there was a dorm floor avail for lodging, the meals were set.... Akron said buh bye. I doubt they get half the amount.
I was really hoping for Iowa St. They also got rained out that day.

How amazing is it that Akron is able to talk sh*t to a program like Nebraska these days!!! This is why the Skers will never ever be the same dynasty program that they were in 1994-97. That was a culmination of 25 years of major dedication by the administration, fans, and a perfect storm of the college football environment in which Nebraska recruited really well coast to coast, got every single player in the state to come and play for the Big Red and red shirted them and kept them there for 5 years. Nebraska was on the forefront of weight training, nutrition, and likely vitamins and PED like athletic supplements. They had been running the same offense for 20 years and they had pretty much the same high quality assistants throughout, which is unheard of these days!!! Those assistants would get major opportunities to be Head Coaches at other programs and get paid in a way they could never turn down these days. Then slowly but surely the rest of the college football world copied the Huskers, committed to facilities and all other aspects of program building, and now, there are dozens of high quality programs throughout the country, and Nebraska is nothing special at all and will have to fight like hell to be relevant again!!! They are like the Buffs trying to build back into a top 25 team that will make their fans proud, nothing more. Earlier this fall, all these delusional fans were predicting 9 wins and maybe a Big 10 Championship Game, and now 3-4 weeks later, all the "It is a Bigger REBUILD than all of us realized" articles come out. While, all of us were realistically predicting that if we can get between 7-9 wins, it would be a great season and we are behind Montez having a solid year and there is some good young talent, etc. etc. Now, we could be searching for 9-10 wins and a Pac 12 Championship game appearance because of the Nebraska Victory and the Huskers realize they should be hoping that Bethune Cookman gets them a possible 6th win and bowl eligibility. Go get them Akron AD and Coach, sick your lawyers on them!!!

How amazing is it that Akron is able to talk sh*t to a program like Nebraska these days!!! This is why the Skers will never ever be the same dynasty program that they were in 1994-97. That was a culmination of 25 years of major dedication by the administration, fans, and a perfect storm of the college football environment in which Nebraska recruited really well coast to coast, got every single player in the state to come and play for the Big Red and red shirted them and kept them there for 5 years. Nebraska was on the forefront of weight training, nutrition, and likely vitamins and PED like athletic supplements. They had been running the same offense for 20 years and they had pretty much the same high quality assistants throughout, which is unheard of these days!!! Those assistants would get major opportunities to be Head Coaches at other programs and get paid in a way they could never turn down these days. Then slowly but surely the rest of the college football world copied the Huskers, committed to facilities and all other aspects of program building, and now, there are dozens of high quality programs throughout the country, and Nebraska is nothing special at all and will have to fight like hell to be relevant again!!! They are like the Buffs trying to build back into a top 25 team that will make their fans proud, nothing more. Earlier this fall, all these delusional fans were predicting 9 wins and maybe a Big 10 Championship Game, and now 3-4 weeks later, all the "It is a Bigger REBUILD than all of us realized" articles come out. While, all of us were realistically predicting that if we can get between 7-9 wins, it would be a great season and we are behind Montez having a solid year and there is some good young talent, etc. etc. Now, we could be searching for 9-10 wins and a Pac 12 Championship game appearance because of the Nebraska Victory and the Huskers realize they should be hoping that Bethune Cookman gets them a possible 6th win and bowl eligibility. Go get them Akron AD and Coach, sick your lawyers on them!!!
Did you want ME to read that?.... gawd I hope not. #WarAndPeace

Basically that Nebraska is yesterday's news and your future is similar to what happened to Minnesota after 1960. Maybe worse since you don't have the population or cultural draw of Minneapolis.
Thanks! Stay tuned, it will be interesting either way.

Correct, they will be paid but i doubt the full amount. The TV slot was set by Fox for the next day, there was a dorm floor avail for lodging, the meals were set.... Akron said buh bye. I doubt they get half the amount.
I was really hoping for Iowa St. They also got rained out that day.

Iowa State was never an option-they had a game on 10/27

Thanks! Stay tuned, it will be interesting either way.
tumblr_mysl88pJBz1smcbm7o1_500.gif

It’s hilarious to see Nebraska, who just got their dicks kicked in by Troy, talk **** to Akron who is 2-0 with more B1G wins already than Nebraska will see all year.

What a delusional fan base.

Think it's going to be funny as well when Nebraska realizes they have to pay Akron the money.

Lawyers jump in on this one but the way I see it.

My understanding is that the contract stated it was payable upon kickoff. Akron was there and the ball was kicked of prior to the cancellation. I don't think it would have actually mattered because if it went to court Akron would have had the facts on their side that they were there ready to perform and Nebraska didn't provide the opportunity. Akron prepared, Akron travelled, and they were in the stadium ready to go.

The contract didn't have a provision for postponement or rescheduling. Also Nebraska could not provide adequate accommodations for Akron to postpone the game until the next day. A bunch of spread out dorm rooms are not the same as a block of standard hotel rooms, cafeteria food isn't the same as a catered team meal.

They won't like it but Nebraska is going to end up paying the full amount unless they can negotiate a lower amount and if Akron is patient they have no need to negotiate coming for a strong position.

Think it's going to be funny as well when Nebraska realizes they have to pay Akron the money.

Lawyers jump in on this one but the way I see it.

My understanding is that the contract stated it was payable upon kickoff. Akron was there and the ball was kicked of prior to the cancellation. I don't think it would have actually mattered because if it went to court Akron would have had the facts on their side that they were there ready to perform and Nebraska didn't provide the opportunity. Akron prepared, Akron travelled, and they were in the stadium ready to go.

The contract didn't have a provision for postponement or rescheduling. Also Nebraska could not provide adequate accommodations for Akron to postpone the game until the next day. A bunch of spread out dorm rooms are not the same as a block of standard hotel rooms, cafeteria food isn't the same as a catered team meal.

They won't like it but Nebraska is going to end up paying the full amount unless they can negotiate a lower amount and if Akron is patient they have no need to negotiate coming for a strong position.
Do you have a link to the contract? Or is this insider information from the law firm you work for.

Just asking for Bill Moos.

I'm not going to give NU too much **** about Bethune-Cookman. We side stepped Fresno St a few years back when the game was rained out in Folsom and scheduled Charleston instead. That was in 2013. You know, the year after Fresno St dropped that 69-14 game on us that was 55-0 at halftime.

Feel free to joke at the Huskers expense, I'm all for it. But really, pot meet kettle.

I'm not going to give NU too much **** about Bethune-Cookman. We side stepped Fresno St a few years back when the game was rained out in Folsom and scheduled Charleston instead. That was in 2013. You know, the year after Fresno St dropped that 69-14 game on us that was 55-0 at halftime.

Feel free to joke at the Huskers expense, I'm all for it. But really, pot meet kettle.
Face it, they need a 12th game because they have almost no shot at becoming bowl eligible.

Back