What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Arizona Game Thread

My opinions don’t have anything to do with tucker or MM. all I have said is I don’t Think this team will win 6 games, and MT’s recruiting, so far, is no better than MM’s. More of you agree with me today than two weeks ago. Just too big of $ussy’s to admit it. And by the end of the year all of you will see that I was right on first prediction, and by February signing day all of you will see I was right on second opinion.

The only ****ing pussy is you because you only show up after the team loses and try to pretend you’re ****ing smart. Go play in traffic.

I don’t think you realize how ****ty our defense is. I expect Tate to have over 500 yards of total offense, and UA as a team will surpass 600. 3 wins max for this team.

Y’all haven’t seen the same time I have the first 3 weeks. The team I saw gives up 600 yards to UA easily. That’s not a game I see this team winning. And I believe we will be UCLAs only win of the year. This is a 2 - 3 win CU team, and next year won’t be any better.

May have been right about Arizona, but you never just said the Buffs were not going to win six games.

all-in-all, I think the Buffs gave a good effort. D played well, given all the injuries, OL was impressive most of the game. dropped passes and penalties were a killer. that late run by Montez, where he flees sideways/backwards to avoid getting hit, may hurt his chances for the "Buffalo Heart" award.
Yep. If he just dives forward it’s third and one instead of third and six.

ASU by 3 TDS.
38 - 17 asu.
Can you read too much into the fact that we have given up over 1400 yards of defense against 3 meddling teams, and have been out-gained in all 3 games we’ve played, and if not for turnovers, would be 0 - 3? Serious question.
I don’t think you realize how ****ty our defense is. I expect Tate to have over 500 yards of total offense, and UA as a team will surpass 600. 3 wins max for this team.
ASU lock.

You must have a very sad life.

I’ll make you a bet, if we win 4 games you go away forever. If we don’t, you still go away.

Last edited:
all-in-all, I think the Buffs gave a good effort. D played well, given all the injuries, OL was impressive most of the game. dropped passes and penalties were a killer. that late run by Montez, where he flees sideways/backwards to avoid getting hit, may hurt his chances for the "Buffalo Heart" award.

Roddick was the only OL who stood out to me today for the wrong reasons.

Not everyone has to be a believer in Tucker or anyone in any position at CU.

Opinions are like assholes and Allbuffs is the proctologist that doesn't turn away many patients.

Just try not to be a douche about it. This is supposed to be fun. It's sports.

just got home. These 13 hour days, about $450 lighter in the pocket all for 3 hours worth of ass kicking..is getting freakn old

just got home. These 13 hour days, about $450 lighter in the pocket all for 3 hours worth of ass kicking..is getting freakn old

13 hour days and $450?? On what? It was 8.5 hours for me and I got to the game at 11:30. But **** I spent $32 on concessions, $20 on food before i went in and $3 at king soopers for some waters to take with me.

Great crowd, my section was relatively loud.
The stadium had a good feel. Crazy.
Disapointed/ frustrated

This CU squad will only go as far as Montez can take them. Given that Montez is consistently inconsistent this season is pretty much toast.
If this is true, then my faith in MT is misplaced.

Montez needs to visit the long, straight object on the sideline and contemplate why it is that he can't progress past WR 1

I won't lose my faith in Tucker. But he better make some changes on the defensive side.

I'll believe in our staff until they give us a reason to hop off the bandwagon for good. I said this in the other games thread-but I see 10 teams who are really even. Oregon State is getting there, but Smith has a several year long project on his hands, and I dont think UCLA wins another game.

Steven didn’t lose this game. There was one instance where he pussed-out in a run and cost a first down, but he’s usually good for at least one of those a game. His arm and decision making didn’t cost us the game.

Another close one. Lots of injuries before and during the game to an already young team. Still played to the last possession. What didn’t we expect? Sure I wanted a win, but how can we expect them to win when the team resembles the walking wounded.

Better days to come. Maybe a bowl. I’d feel better about a bowl if today went better, but I’m still on board. Are you?

I think everyone else has touched on the game. Frustrating to say the least. My one and only (hopefully) drunken fan experience rant. I haven’t missed a CU home game since 2005 and never gotten into it with another fan. I sit in section 211 with my dad using the young alumni seats. I’ve never had any issues sitting there but today was a disaster. At the end of the first quarter I stood up just to stretch out a bit and some jackass behind me told me to sit down right when I stood up. I told him it’s the end of the quarter nothing is happening. His response was no one should stand ever because he wants to get a whole experience since it was his first game.

That caused me to lose it and asked him if we could stand on big third downs when we score etc. in which he responded grow up. Five minutes later he ended up being in the wrong seats and had to move and left after the second quarter. Also people seemed to have trouble reading where their seats were. We had five sets of different people sit in front of us and each got progressively kicked out of their spot. I guess I’m just curious if there’s any fellow allbuffs in 211.

Lastly, our production from a stadium standpoint is embarrassing. Twice they rang the bell on third down while we were on offense. Are you kidding me?! Several times they accidentally played music right before a play. It’s small time and gets old. Disappointing game on top of a disappointing fan experience.

Steven didn’t lose this game. There was one instance where he pussed-out in a run and cost a first down, but he’s usually good for at least one of those a game. His arm and decision making didn’t cost us the game.

Another close one. Lots of injuries before and during the game to an already young team. Still played to the last possession. What didn’t we expect? Sure I wanted a win, but how can we expect them to win when the team resembles the walking wounded.

Better days to come. Maybe a bowl. I’d feel better about a bowl if today went better, but I’m still on board. Are you?
No

Disclaimer; I did not see any of the game. Read summaries, interviews, stats and boards. Saw some film. Observations:

1) No D
2) Paper thin depth
3) Inconsistent Montez

This is exactly what we thought pre-season, yes?

Recruit, recruit, recruit.

On a lighter note, how were concessions? Easy to get a beer? Concessions run out of anything? Long lines?

I’ll be at USC game. Hoping MT has defense tightened up somewhat. He’s a defensive guy right? I know secondary is thin and playing young guys. Tough to see D give up so many big plays.

If the defense had gotten a single third down stop anytime in the fourth quarter, we win the game.

More than Montez's inconsistencies, and more than the offensive line's inability to get a push in critical situations - it was the defense's complete inability to get off the field on 3rd down that did us in.

I feel the same. Why do I do this anymore? With all the talk about ****ty assistant coaches and ****tier recruiting, I’m getting that same old, same old feeling. Tucker has treated us to two home losses against teams we should’ve beaten.

sorry. We are a bad football team. The teams we beat are BAD football teams. We have a ways to go. Recruit. Recruit. Recruit. and that is obviously hard to do here at Colorado.

I think everyone else has touched on the game. Frustrating to say the least. My one and only (hopefully) drunken fan experience rant. I haven’t missed a CU home game since 2005 and never gotten into it with another fan. I sit in section 211 with my dad using the young alumni seats. I’ve never had any issues sitting there but today was a disaster. At the end of the first quarter I stood up just to stretch out a bit and some jackass behind me told me to sit down right when I stood up. I told him it’s the end of the quarter nothing is happening. His response was no one should stand ever because he wants to get a whole experience since it was his first game.

That caused me to lose it and asked him if we could stand on big third downs when we score etc. in which he responded grow up. Five minutes later he ended up being in the wrong seats and had to move and left after the second quarter. Also people seemed to have trouble reading where their seats were. We had five sets of different people sit in front of us and each got progressively kicked out of their spot. I guess I’m just curious if there’s any fellow allbuffs in 211.

Lastly, our production from a stadium standpoint is embarrassing. Twice they rang the bell on third down while we were on offense. Are you kidding me?! Several times they accidentally played music right before a play. It’s small time and gets old. Disappointing game on top of a disappointing fan experience.
Four times we had people coming into our section, standing in front of us all confused before being told they were in the wrong section. A couple of those got to “their seats” only to find someone else sitting in them before realizing they were in the wrong section.

I feel the same. Why do I do this anymore? With all the talk about ****ty assistant coaches and ****tier recruiting, I’m getting that same old, same old feeling. Tucker has treated us to two home losses against teams we should’ve beaten.

Nick Saban lost to Louisiana-Monroe in his first season at Alabama

Lost all three game phases yesterday. Kickoffs OOB or short all day; within inches of giving up a TD. Defense...well that’s an easy one. Offense...an erratic, mistake filled mess.

Lost all three game phases yesterday. Kickoffs OOB or short all day; within inches of giving up a TD. Defense...well that’s an easy one. Offense...an erratic, mistake filled mess.
I really don't think we lost special teams yesterday. Yes, their kicker popped it through the uprights every kickoff, positioning us on the 25. We consistently pinned them back against their own end zone with punts.

Back