What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Cougars Game Thread

I 100% support Coach Tucker!
He has 5 full years of my support
I expect him to do everything he can to win.
He will recruit relentlessly
He will train relentlessly
He will make coaching changes as needed
He will take the Coach Saban lessons and we will be back.
I thought this year had promise
I still want to go to a bowl
I want to beat USC and Utah bad
These players are Buffs and deserve our support.
My beef is a balance between coaches pulling the right levers and players buying in and executing. That connection is waning, and both sides have blame. It must be fixed.
Go Buffs, please help me smile again

I will support Tucker as long as the recruiting quality has significant improvement. Especially the lineman position.

My beef is a balance between coaches pulling the right levers and players buying in and executing. That connection is waning, and both sides have blame. It must be fixed.
I root for them. I am in "show me" mode a this point however.

Certanily hope that's true for his sake, but that would mean a helluva lot of WRs in the first, and the Buffs aren't doing him any favors.
DK Metcalf was a first rounder for crying out loud. Viska will impress the scouts and get himself paid.

I'm ready for the Mel Tucker era to end!
After another performance that was spot on reminiscent of the Embree era, he pointed to two missed field goals as issues (one of which was 52 yarder into the wind on a rainy day). He simply doesn't get it. Yeah, he has a great demeanor but he and his coaches are no better than the Embree era.
I'm not interested in waiting 4 years for him to realize that his offensive Coordinator is garbage. Great coaches get it done, teach the players and get results. Losing coaches lose. It's apparent where he falls, particularly blaming a kicker and quarterback for a defensive that gives up 50 points to average teams. James Stefano isn't the problem, the coaches are absolutely the issue, when they aren't wise enough to realize that the Buffs WR's can play 5 deep and outplay any DB combo in the Pac12. Instead, they call pass protect packages using only 3 WR's, leaving sub par TE's on the field instead of elite WR's. Very disappointing.

Idot for sure. Unreal

Viska will likely be WR5+ at this point IMO. Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Higgins all going before him. For this class that’s borderline 1st round at best. Still in his best interest to go pro, but not going in top 10 unless he has some serious wow moments the rest of the year and then dominates the combine

After another performance that was spot on reminiscent of the Embree era, he pointed to two missed field goals as issues (one of which was 52 yarder into the wind on a rainy day). He simply doesn't get it. Yeah, he has a great demeanor but he and his coaches are no better than the Embree era.
I'm not interested in waiting 4 years for him to realize that his offensive Coordinator is garbage. Great coaches get it done, teach the players and get results. Losing coaches lose. It's apparent where he falls, particularly blaming a kicker and quarterback for a defensive that gives up 50 points to average teams. James Stefano isn't the problem, the coaches are absolutely the issue, when they aren't wise enough to realize that the Buffs WR's can play 5 deep and outplay any DB combo in the Pac12. Instead, they call pass protect packages using only 3 WR's, leaving sub par TE's on the field instead of elite WR's. Very disappointing.
Booooooo

I root for them. I am in "show me" mode a this point however.
exactly where I am. I want to see improvement and as of right now we are regressing. More game tape? Coaches still trying to figure out the players skill sets?? When I see coaches walking into the same scenarios at different schools and turn it around rather quickly is what's frustrating. At the beginning of the season we were all saying win the ones we should (failed there) win a couple that we didn't expect (still a chance) but it is fading looking ahead on the schedule.

Going high means more money but going later in the first round has some advantages.

The biggest is that he is much more likely to get a team with a quality QB that wins a lot of games.

Take advantage and he will more than make up what he lost on his rookie contact on his second one.

Where’s Haiku Buff? I need a condensed version.

exactly where I am. I want to see improvement and as of right now we are regressing. More game tape? Coaches still trying to figure out the players skill sets?? When I see coaches walking into the same scenarios at different schools and turn it around rather quickly is what's frustrating. At the beginning of the season we were all saying win the ones we should (failed there) win a couple that we didn't expect (still a chance) but it is fading looking ahead on the schedule.
I work with four Baylor grads. Nothing like having them spike the ball the last 3 weeks, and last year too.

Recruiting is the focus. Some of Mikes guys got too comfortable. Recruit over them. Recruit!

When we beat Nebraska again I allowed hope to enter my war torn fandom. Damn that false hope!

Recruiting is the focus. Some of Mikes guys got too comfortable. Recruit over them. Recruit!

When we beat ****braska again I allowed hope to enter my war torn fandom. Damn that false hope!
I was even good after we hit 3-1, I figured we'd struggle on defense but always be entertaining on offense. Not so much.

HOT take.

I work with four Baylor grads. Nothing like having them spike the ball the last 3 weeks, and last year too.
perfect example. baylor gets hit with the Art Briles scandal, followed by barely able to recruit and only a couple seasons later they are rolling. I know everyone on here hates baylor, but obviously they can overcome sucking pretty fast. Its not a weak schedule or teams they are beating either. I just don't get it.

perfect example. baylor gets hit with the Art Briles scandal, followed by barely able to recruit and only a couple seasons later they are rolling. I know everyone on here hates baylor, but obviously they can overcome sucking pretty fast. Its not a weak schedule or teams they are beating either. I just don't get it.
They are located in a recruiting hot bed, and they didn't torpedo their entire program/AD like CU did, even though they should have.

Honestly, after watching the Jets game, I think Darnold and montez is the better comparison.

I didn’t even turn that game on but I just saw the score, yikes. I’ll give Darnold the benefit of the doubt though, the Jets are god awful. He looked good in college though and he’s looked good in the NFL, I won’t judge him on 1 game against a Belichick defense.

Back