What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. Gophers Score Prediction Thread

Can't really argue with any of that. Although since I didn't watch on tv, did Lewis really take that many hard hits? It seems like he went down when he needed or was drug down on tackles.
oh he got DRILLED on the longer pass plays.

When you can't score the ball, it doesn't take much for things to go wrong. They've got an extremely experienced OL and a 2d year QB with talent. Lang is hurt. Our pass rush has not been great.

Brou is hurt. RB room is not the same without him. He makes up for a lot of OL mistakes.

Stanley is hurt. He was better than our entire offense production wise early against UNC.

Lewis didn't seem himself in the 2d half after a bevy of HARD hits. Also, is he any good throwing? The offense is going to feel some pressure to do something in this game. I'm worried about turnovers if Lewis presses.

Chev is OC.

Average offense v. good defense for them
Bad offense v. decent defense for us.

Our kicker is great at missing long field goals by a small amount so far. I think our punter is meh.

Yea, I don't see any reason to be confident.
Can't believe I'm going to argue punting, but, "meh"? He kicked 7 times with an average of 49 yds. And I thought coverage was exceptionally good.

Can't believe I'm going to argue punting, but, "meh"? He kicked 7 times with an average of 49 yds. And I thought coverage was exceptionally good.
Their punt returner sucked. Coverage was solid tho. The punts went long and low. Usually a recipe for disaster, but their guy had no juice for whatever reason.

Their punt returner sucked. Coverage was solid tho. The punts went long and low. Usually a recipe for disaster, but their guy had no juice for whatever reason.
The tv guy kept saying "line drive kick" but since they don't generally get very much right, and we covered it so well, I assumed that he called all kicks line drives. But you are correct, continuing to do that would invite some big returns against us.

Tight, well matched game. Their kicker is clutch, ours isn't. Their QB is seasoned, ours isn't. Their coaching staff is better.
They stack the box and hamstring our feeble OC.

24-14 Gophers.

I'll call this one a tale of two halves.
First half, DC tries to get freaky and starts calling stuff way deep in the playbook as an audition for keeping his job. Only issue, he outsmarts himself.
Defense steps up, Landman with a fumble recover for a TD and Gonzo takes one back as well. Buffs 14, Minnehaha 3

Second half --HCKD sits Chev down in a corner and actually calls something that works for BLew's strength. Lots of RPO, rolling to the right. Buffs explode, blow out the go-fers. 38-10.

That said, it'll probably be a 27-13 sort of game, Buffs win, Buffs win.

When you can't score the ball, it doesn't take much for things to go wrong. They've got an extremely experienced OL and a 2d year QB with talent. Lang is hurt. Our pass rush has not been great.

Brou is hurt. RB room is not the same without him. He makes up for a lot of OL mistakes.

Stanley is hurt. He was better than our entire offense production wise early against UNC.

Lewis didn't seem himself in the 2d half after a bevy of HARD hits. Also, is he any good throwing? The offense is going to feel some pressure to do something in this game. I'm worried about turnovers if Lewis presses.

Chev is OC.

Our kicker is great at missing long field goals by a small amount so far. I think our punter is meh.

If Ibrahim isn’t the top RB in the nation, he’s top 3-4. That is a massive hit for them. Lang being hurt and not available is going to hurt. We need all the dlineman we can get for this game as that oline will wear us out.
Minnesota’s D looks average too me, but that may not mean much with how putrid CU’s O is

Chev is OC.

Agree with all of this.

Minnesota is the team I follow behind the Buffs and they are experienced and steady. Not gonna be too many explosive plays from MN, they like to pound the rock and grind a defense down with their huge O line.

I hope the Buffs can hit on some explosive plays but not too hopeful given the first two games. How about utilizing Rice's insane athleticism?

It's gonna be a slug fest.

Buffs win 17 - 14

I think one team will be held to single digits. First team to score 10 points wins.

Unless we get a return (kick, fumble or int) I think Minnesota gets there first.

Perhaps I'm remembering the A&M game wrong, but I'm worried that they seemed to start moving the ball pretty easily once their QB settled in and stopped making completely bonehead plays. I'm a bit worried that our defense isn't as good as we think it is.

Back