What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Colorado vs Minnesota game Thread

Fleck teams make adjustments and find ways to make plays. I'm very worried because we may be a better team that will win straight up, but we don't create plays.
I'm not holding my breath, but I'm cautiously optimistic that you are wrong.

GIF by MLB

Does Minnesota have a good back? I haven't really watched them yet. They usually always have one, though.

Does Minnesota have a good back? I haven't really watched them yet. They usually always have one, though.
They had a really good one but he went out injured for the season during the first game. Achilles I think. Really sucks for them. Not sure how their backup is.

They had a really good one but he went out injured for the season during the first game. Achilles I think. Really sucks for them. Not sure how their backup is.
I'm not liking the injury, just I don't know a whole hell of a lot about them. They usually always have a good back.

Just checked and Treyson Potts got the bulk of the carries last week and gained 178 yards and averaged over 5 ypc against Miami OH. Had 10 carries for 34 yards against tOSU

Last edited:
IMO the winner of this game is the one who can effectively/efficiently pass the ball. Neither team has been proficient in the passing game through two games.
My biggest worry is Minnesota beating up our dline late in the game, especially with Lang banged up. This will open up their passing game with play action. We absolutely need some shots through the air to be successful to get some ball control later in the game.

My biggest worry is Minnesota beating up our dline late in the game, especially with Lang banged up. This will open up their passing game with play action. We absolutely need some shots through the air to be successful to get some ball control later in the game.
Their running back gained 50% of his yards last week on 33% of his carries in the 4th quarter.

Agree.

He's pretty good, but Ibrahim was special. That said, the way we win this game is to not let Morgan go off. Keep him under 200 yards and we should be good.
Potts is
According to the Minnesota 247 insider he is more of a short to intermediate route runner , but easily their best WR.
Agree, he's more of a playmaker then genuine deep threat. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.

This will be both team’s strategy. The only real question is which team can pass efficiently enough to convert third downs and score TDs instead of FGs.

My biggest worry is letting last weeks loss beat you two weeks in a row.
11 a.m. start and I fear the crowd might not be 'in it' and the Buffs could come out flat. Hope the team is prepared.

The wildcard is BLew's running. Even if he doesn't throw for a lot of yards, if he runs for 80+ I expect we win.
They need to start using his running ability. Center your offense around what his game is like, that's coaching. Don't try to fit a square peg in a round hole.

My biggest worry is letting last weeks loss beat you two weeks in a row.
11 a.m. start and I fear the crowd might not be 'in it' and the Buffs could come out flat. Hope the team is prepared.
Exactly. Any hangover from that loss could be deadly. If CU takes the positives from the A&M game and has the same intensity at the start of the game they'll be okay.

Good bet the students won't be out in the same numbers they were a couple of weeks ago v UNC.

Last week I believed the only shot the Buffs had was in a shoot out, I was wrong.
I was correct on one point and that was the more yardage Lewis rushed for the better our chances were for a win.
If you're going to recruit dual threats...PLAY THEM AS A DUAL THREAT.

The wildcard is BLew's running. Even if he doesn't throw for a lot of yards, if he runs for 80+ I expect we win.
Has there been something thus far this year that gives you the impression he will (be allowed to) do that?

Back