What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Construction Update Thread

:lol:

Live near campus! Shocked by construction noise!

Honestly - CU really needs to take the tact of '**** em'. Trying to bend to every need of the yuppies in Boulder is impossible.
Reminds me of the opening scene of full metal jacket.

How does this remind you of a bunch of marine recruits getting their hair cut?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boulderites don't like being reminded that the city would be nothing like it is today without the university.

Boulderites don't like being reminded that the city would be nothing like it is today without the university.

I honestly don't hear that from people. Boulder's about a lot more than the university, but the university is a big part of what makes Boulder the community it is. What I may hear is that unlike other college towns, Boulder doesn't completely revolve around the university.

Several of the commenters are frigging idots. The night work was for all of 2 or 3 evenings. Would the DC have run a story about traffic shutdowns if the utility work had been done during the day?

Several of the commenters are frigging idots. The night work was for all of 2 or 3 evenings. Would the DC have run a story about traffic shutdowns if the utility work had been done during the day?

Yes. The editorial board is against the stadium project. They'll run any story that supports their narrative.

Kuta graduated Northwestern magna cum laude and has background in sports journalism. Surprised with her education after reading her work. Sudden nightmare she will be digging for a "story" to make a name. Resume

I think Kuta is a problem, but I also think this is another example of CU not managing their PR well. You don't need to get her or the editorial board on your side necessarily, but CU needs to be their first phone call when these things come up, and it doesn't seem like they are. And their quotes still seem defensive when they don't need to be.

Maybe everyone at the BDC are just CU hating a-holes(except kylem.), but it seems like there's an adversarial relationship here and it doesn't have to be. And in the end, it's CU's problem, and they need to fix it. There's another year plus of construction left, they don't want Kuta to be working a weekly "Bitching about CU" column.

Last edited:
progress 7-21.JPG

2nd wall is now completed at Dal Ward

3 of the columns appear to be completed in the north east corner.

Lots of foundation work going on around the new football facility.

2 more columns now completed in the NE corner. I am excited to see the progress there. Should mean the first truly new seating going up soon.

They need to start pulling night shifts.

They already are.

UPDATE:

Framing for the west side loge box is up, and rebar is being placed. I would expect concrete to be poured on that side by the weekend. That is unless they want to frame the other loge box and the club seating section first.

Kuta graduated Northwestern magna cum laude and has background in sports journalism. Surprised with her education after reading her work. Sudden nightmare she will be digging for a "story" to make a name. Resume

WOW! Double stupid! No wonder she excretes the drivel she manages to put forth.

Don't be surprised by "edjamication" at some hoity-toity place like that. Private universities are among the worst purveyors of "credentialed ignorance"....when only 40% of so-called Ivy League grads can properly place the American Civil War (or the War of Northern Aggression) in the proper decade, something's truly out of kilter with elite "higher ed"!

Rebar is going in quickly on the west loge box, scaffolding is also going up now to support the club seats in the center. Pretty quick progress being made.

You know what they need to do for those loge boxes? They need some kind of roof or fabric covering to keep out the sun. Something that can be retracted if the people want to hang out in the sun, though. Like a sunsetter awning or something similar.

Formwork now going up on the west loge box, scaffolding continuing to go up on the club box, and grading and prep work happening on the east loge box. Lots of concrete work going on, on the NE corner.

You know what they need to do for those loge boxes? They need some kind of roof or fabric covering to keep out the sun. Something that can be retracted if the people want to hang out in the sun, though. Like a sunsetter awning or something similar.

5_580a

How do you get everyone to agree on if they want the shade or Sun?

Back