What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Game Thread: CU vs Notre Dame - Monday, 5pm, ESPN2

Deserved to lose. Buffs have a better team than Notre Dame. Would love to play them again in the Dance.

She's caught up in the Notre Dame thing. Hardly discussed CU. Way too much praise for ND players. She has ZERO energy or charisma. She puts me to sleep.

Sorry DBT, but I think this is a terrible take. Notre Dame was kicking the buffs butts the first half. What should she be doing? Doris Burke is a terrific analyst that knows more about basketball than 99.9999999% of people.

Pleased with our fight back, but digging an 18 point hole is inexcusable. ND is a Sweet 16 type team. Want to be one? Have to beat teams like this on neutral courts. We've got promise, but this was a golden opportunity for a huge resume pelt. Our OOC is difficult with so many away from the Keg. We absolutely must beat Northwestern should things go as expected. This might be the best NW team ever and they'll be on the bubble. It would be an RPI boost we really need. We'd better be ready to play.

Hopefully buffs learned that you have to give a **** on defense for 40 minutes. First half was a joke defensively, even if ND is well coached and efficient. Talent is there. Missed opportunity today.

...I like the fight they showed, but yeah, our defense against penetration could use some work. We need to get some help with rotations imo. I also thought it was way too early to start press and fouling. GK is a good player, but damn I can't stand watching him play at times.

I've always found Burke to be fine

Thank you. I agree, and I've always found it sort of annoying when people say she sucks. She is not a bad commentator. She may not be my favorite, but she is much better than most. She knows the game, has some inside stories, occasional insights, and is often fair. Any commentator will say things that are either wrong or we disagree with, but sometimes there's more vitriol towards her that reeks of underlying misogyny.

If cu wouldn't have been sleepwalking on defense the first half they would have won.

If tad can get this team to play like the 2nd half for 40 minutes then they will be in great shape.

Sorry DBT, but I think this is a terrible take. Notre Dame was kicking the buffs butts the first half. What should she be doing? Doris Burke is a terrific analyst that knows more about basketball than 99.9999999% of people.

Not even worth it. Doris Burke is well regarded amongst hoops heads. there's always going to be people who think the broadcast team is biased.

She's caught up in the Notre Dame thing. Hardly discussed CU. Way too much praise for ND players. She has ZERO energy or charisma. She puts me to sleep.

Not exciting, but more knowledge than people think. As for ND, they're ACC. Until we routinely win meaningful OOC games, we'll be an afterthought with our late games. That's part of why we must perform well in tournaments like this in the East against this competition. It's a rare chance for visibility before midnight Pac games. The Pac needs to step up and soon, or getting top 50 wins is going to be an issue

She's knowledgeable and fair. My knock against her on broadcasts is that she seems low energy and kind of dry. Doesn't feel like an EVENT when she does a game.

to be honest, it wasn't much of an event. it was a sparsely attended preseason game & 1-sided for about 75% of the game. Dicky V would've struggled to make that game seem watchable.

Really surprised the team came out so flat with the environment and the first real opponent. They were just on the floor going thru the motions in the first half. Hope we see the second half Buffs moving forward. Just an egg laid in the first half

I think CU will be fine, although Gordon needs to be more assertive. The past two seasons, everyone knew it was JS's team and when the team needed a bucket or rebound, he delivered. This team has so many pieces, I believe they are still trying to forge their own identity. We will have to be patient with them, by the time January rolls around, look out...CU will not be a team anyone wants to see.

Northwestern is up 16 with 13 minutes left in the 2nd half. Texas matchup still in play.

I thought the team looked OK. I'm not gunna hit the panic button yet. What's with Tad's teams missing so many bunnies? Seems to be an ongoing issue. Why didn't King dunk it at the 11 minute mark of the 2nd? If he dunks, it's either a sportscaster highlight or a foul. Instead, it's a turnover.

She's knowledgeable and fair. My knock against her on broadcasts is that she seems low energy and kind of dry. Doesn't feel like an EVENT when she does a game.
she's got a bit of that flat affect voice, doesnt she...

Back