What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official MBB Game Thread: Buffs vs E Washington, 6:30pm

With the upcoming brutal conference opening schedule lurking in the near future .... this team had damn well better find its identity and chemistry over the break. Otherwise a 1-4 start might be the best outcome we can reasonably expect.

That wasn't boring. Just infuriating. 10-3, move on, hope we've been sandbagging.

Sandbagging or worst 10 win team in the country? Hoping that the sandbaggers flip the switch at conference play. This has been an ugly start to this season, the team has not look prepared or motivated. But they are talented

This is headed for NIT 8 seed land quickly if they don't figure **** out. Too lackluster, and in a conference in which quality win opportunities aren't numerous.

I can't figure this team out other than Derrick White is good. He is the only guy who brings it on a consistent basis.

The only positive heading into conference play is that this team seems to raise their play for big games. I think this means that we will end up winning a game we shouldn't against UCLA, Arizona, Oregon, or USC. However, I'm equally concerned we will lose a game we shouldn't.

With how the RPI shook out this non-con, my guess is we need to finish top 4 in conference for that at-large. 5 or 6 and we could easily miss out.

Gel or it's 9-9.
If this team doesn't come together and learn how to play hard from the opening tip, 9-9 will be a gigantic pipe dream. This is, without question, the worst basketball I have seen in the Tad Boyle era...This team looks a lot like the 08-09 team under Bzdelik.

If this team doesn't come together and learn how to play hard from the opening tip, 9-9 will be a gigantic pipe dream. This is, without question, the worst basketball I have seen in the Tad Boyle era...This team looks a lot like the 08-09 team under Bzdelik.
Unfortunately, that's just not true. This team is better than the final Ski team. It is better than Tad's team. It's in a different universe than the 08-09 team. And that's now, before we can write off any potential they may have as unobtainable for whatever reason. But it sure as hell isn't fun to watch. Pulling teeth. But then... they win. Usually.

They do win but man, it sure seems like this team should have more than what they are showing. I do believe this team will have a very hard time winning on the road in the Pac. It is never an easy task to win on the road in this conference, but this team is going to make very difficult if they do not find some pretty dramatic improvement.

Yeah I agree with you. I should have said White is the only starter that brings it on both ends of the floor on a consistent basis. Gordon brings defensive effort consistently with inconsistent offense. Brown plays with a focus that surpasses several of the guys on this team that have been playing college basketball for four or five years.

I really like the way Brown plays, he has the same quiet confidence as Derrick White. His positive plays far outweigh his negative plays and you can see that in the fact that he has the third highest Box Plus/Minus on the team behind White and Gordon.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree with you. I should have said White is the only starter that brings it on both ends of the floor on a consistent basis. Gordon brings defensive effort consistently with inconsistent offense. Brown plays with a focus that surpasses several of the guys on this team that have been playing college basketball for four or five years.

I really like the way Brown plays, he has the same quiet confidence as Derrick White. His positive plays far outweigh his negative plays and you can see that in the fact that he has the third highest Box Plus/Minus on the team behind White and Gordon.
We should go with an all color line up. Just need to recruit a Green, a Black, and a Gray.

Unfortunately, that's just not true. This team is better than the final Ski team. It is better than Tad's team. It's in a different universe than the 08-09 team. And that's now, before we can write off any potential they may have as unobtainable for whatever reason. But it sure as hell isn't fun to watch. Pulling teeth. But then... they win. Usually.
I agree that they are far, far more talented than any of those teams....but they are likely to end up with similar records without a very dramatic turn around.

I've been working a ****-ton and traveling a lot over the last few months, so I fully admit I haven't seen enough of this team to make a true, well-informed opinion. Some things I've seen consistently though are being listless on D and boards, and stagnant offense. White is great, and we have some decent shooters, but we can't just stand around waiting for someone else to get the defense moving in order to move the ball around for a shot. Some posters have mentioned King needing to take more 3's in other threads. Since I haven't seen enough games, fair, but taking 3's can't come at the expense of moving on offense and willing to take a drive. I feel like our offense is just stagnant, passing the ball around the perimeter trying to find someone with a decent shot or crack to drive.

I refuse to believe that the talent on this team can't keep players like E Washington in front of them. Everyone kept getting driven on, and no I don't think their players had special moves or were that quick. And on the boards...we often do not box out - our box outs are just throwing our arms out. Sure, many plays are like that, but if rebounding is a problem, then get back to fundamentals, find a body, and throw your ass into his thighs.

This team has so much talent, that they expect their talent to just win eventually in my opinion. Hopefully when PAC play starts, they maximize that talent, but this was my greatest concern going into the season. I thought Scott's presence last year was critical. Simply being able to throw it down to him to get the offense rolling was crucial, because he could get buckets, or pass out when another defender started to cheat to him. Obviously I'm not a member of the team, but I'd imagine that Scott also was a calming leader too. XJ, White, Dom, etc - someone has to pick up their words and back it up with some game.

We have the tools to do it though. I'm hopeful - we're going dancing this year and winning one finally in the tourney! GO BUFFS!

Back