What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Michigan State/Mel Tucker Hate Thread

FTA: I’ve been preaching it the entire offseason on Twitter: Mel Tucker is not the savior for Michigan State. Yes, he was left with a relative dumpster fire of a program. That being said, there is no excuse for the type of performance that this team. Rutgers may not have had a last-second coaching change, but their program was in a worse spot than MSU. They went through the same pandemic that MSU did and showed up to the game miles ahead of the Spartans.

A lot of people want to say that this is only a single game and we shouldn’t hit the panic button. I think that’s overly optimistic. Can you imagine a coach who gets blown out by Rutgers at home in his first game and finishes his career with a national championship? Conference championship? Second place? Probably not, because it has never happened and will not happen here.

It’s obviously too early to say that he’s a failure of a coach but man, I don’t even know what to say at this point other than this: Tucker has a long way to go before he earns the respect of Michigan State fans. Expectations were not high, and somehow he still fell very, very short of them.

Bunker down guys, it’s going to be a long season.

FTA: I’ve been preaching it the entire offseason on Twitter: Mel Tucker is not the savior for Michigan State. Yes, he was left with a relative dumpster fire of a program. That being said, there is no excuse for the type of performance that this team. Rutgers may not have had a last-second coaching change, but their program was in a worse spot than MSU. They went through the same pandemic that MSU did and showed up to the game miles ahead of the Spartans.

A lot of people want to say that this is only a single game and we shouldn’t hit the panic button. I think that’s overly optimistic. Can you imagine a coach who gets blown out by Rutgers at home in his first game and finishes his career with a national championship? Conference championship? Second place? Probably not, because it has never happened and will not happen here.

It’s obviously too early to say that he’s a failure of a coach but man, I don’t even know what to say at this point other than this: Tucker has a long way to go before he earns the respect of Michigan State fans. Expectations were not high, and somehow he still fell very, very short of them.

Bunker down? LOL **** that! I'm really excited to Harbaugh and UM abuse them next week.

Man, what a stark contrast to last season for Mel. From endearing himself to the hearts of the fanbase by delivering an electric comeback victory over a historic rival, to an abysmal showing against a team everyone expected him to beat. Thinking about how long ago that win against Nebraska feels, even though it was just over a year ago, really does put into perspective how much has changed in such a small amount of time.

Man, what a stark contrast to last season for Mel. From endearing himself to the hearts of the fanbase by delivering an electric comeback victory over a historic rival, to an abysmal showing against a team everyone expected him to beat. Thinking about how long ago that win against ****braska feels, even though it was just over a year ago, really does put into perspective how much has changed in such a small amount of time.

I hope all that money makes up for long-term sucking as a coach and all the well-earned jibes he will receive from two different fan bases. It may be all he gets. 🤞🏻

Last edited:
Did he pull out the old AFA game plan? Maybe Mitch Albom can retract his praise for this schmuck.

I wonder what he had to say at his after game presser?
Probably something along the lines of “We didn’t play to the echo of the whistle. We weren’t the best conditioned and most physical team. We weren’t relentless. We were all French pastry.”

I enjoy his suffering and hope it grows. But, his reality is that he is a very wealthy man and it's almost impossible to be a total failure in college football - he'll just keep getting rehired as an assistant or whatever.

Anyone have Mel’s cell phone? I need to send him departures list, unrelated to yesterday’s events D59A1A7E-1DB1-46A1-83B2-0A57ABCD3BF2.png

He was pretty relentless with the clapping yesterday.....

Will there be more clapping next week too?

I’m looking forward to the Michigan-MSU game. Will be a great day. We will still be undefeated and the Huskers and Spartans will be 0-2!!!!

Will there be more clapping next week too?

I’m looking forward to the Michigan-MSU game. Will be a great day. We will still be undefeated and the ****ers and Spartans will be 0-2!!!!

Yes. Melvin is the new Jason Garrett.

Back