What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official realignment thread - SEC formally invites OU and Texas to join the conference in 2025

the university presidents need to get control of this mess again.

it can be fixed.

agree on a players union, pay and benefits, and a universal minimum standard on admissions and such.

then, agree on a set rotating schedule that only includes teams in the group. refuse to schedule any sec team or participate in the new playoff system. maybe do the same to the big if they can't be reigned back in.

no body bag games and no games against the minor league semi pro and about to be totally pro league either. have your own playoffs and champion just within the non-total mercenary programs.

acc + b12 + pac + some g5 teams + the big if they get themselves under control again.

i know none of this is going to happen because it requires vision and a shared purpose and no one actually gives 2 ****s about the student athletes, but this fixes things.

sure, those that have the skills will still go to the sec just like kids go straight to the nba or minor league baseball. but, a whole bunch of great players are going to still be out there in the new super league.

the university presidents need to get control of this mess again.

it can be fixed.

agree on a players union, pay and benefits, and a universal minimum standard on admissions and such.

then, agree on a set rotating schedule that only includes teams in the group. refuse to schedule any sec team or participate in the new playoff system. maybe do the same to the big if they can't be reigned back in.

no body bag games and no games against the minor league semi pro and about to be totally pro league either. have your own playoffs and champion just within the non-total mercenary programs.

acc + b12 + pac + some g5 teams + the big if they get themselves under control again.

i know none of this is going to happen because it requires vision and a shared purpose and no one actually gives 2 ****s about the student athletes, but this fixes things.

sure, those that have the skills will still go to the sec just like kids go straight to the nba or minor league baseball. but, a whole bunch of great players are going to still be out there in the new super league.
Except for this temporary period where the haves simply thing they can simply outspend everyone else to their advantage, so they have no interest in fixing the current system.

i dont hate the idea of the apac and if it blows up the mouth breathers in the b12 that would be gravy on top.

It sounds like this was just something that WAS discussed and is no longer a topic of discussion
Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, Oregon, Washington, Utah is a pretty good top of the conference from competitive and brand standpoints.

It falls a bit short of B1G and SEC, but I think it’s pretty good. There would be tons of inventory across all 4 time zones (except CTZ I believe), so you’d think a media deal for 28 teams (or maybe fewer of ACC decided to part with some of the lower brands) would be pretty good.

Clemson, FSU, Miami, UNC, Oregon, Washington, Utah is a pretty good top of the conference from competitive and brand standpoints.

It falls a bit short of B1G and SEC, but I think it’s pretty good. There would be tons of inventory across all 4 time zones (except CTZ I believe), so you’d think a media deal for 28 teams (or maybe fewer of ACC decided to part with some of the lower brands) would be pretty good.

maybe add those poor ucla bruins back in too.

also, the twitterverse seems down on the amazon prime football stuff but ratings were really good last week and the execution seemed pretty ****ing flawless to me.

if they keep drawing good nfl numbers and you do some kind of a coast to coast college football deal with them, it may be worth more than the pundits think.

we are not totally ****ing dead.... just bleeding from a dozen or so flesh wounds.

Out in Denver tonight and the Prime coverage looked like Sh!t. Maybe it was the location, but all their TVs showed the same choppy images. Big cable conspiracy?
Hope not.

Biggest thing I hate about having football on a streaming app is that channel surfing during commercials sucks. Way too slow to click back to the game.
which has the side effect of making the advertising slots more valuable....

in some ways football could be more valuable to streaming providers than broadcast - "our audience doesn't switch to a different channel when your commercial comes on" would be a compelling pitch.

which has the side effect of making the advertising slots more valuable....

in some ways football could be more valuable to streaming providers than broadcast - "our audience doesn't switch to a different channel when your commercial comes on" would be a compelling pitch.
Yes but it's not the real power that is going to drive streaming over broadcast. In streaming, you can target ads per stream. That 30s ad slot that ESPN gets to sell to McDonalds, Priime can sell to 100s or 1000s of advertisers and convince them to pay just as much because the ad will reach a targeted audience rather than a blast to 15MM people, most of whom don't really care.

Out in Denver tonight and the Prime coverage looked like Sh!t. Maybe it was the location, but all their TVs showed the same choppy images. Big cable conspiracy?
Hope not.
For both TNF games on Prime so far, our video has lagged the audio. Same issue with multiple TVs.

i am a bit surprised to hear that folks are having trouble with bandwidth on streaming the games...

i watch from rural (totally ****ty local cable co) and not-rural locations (fiber and cable) and the streams have been perfect so far. i also stream pretty much every Dodger game and can't remember when i last had an issue.

the issues some of you are having are almost for sure the pipes not the streaming service and it sucks to hear that so many people still have bandwidth issues into the home...

It's all about money at a time when UC school ADs are in severe debt. Commish K has presented data to the UC Regents that the B1G move is not financially advantageous for UCLA. Or, if it is, the gain is small and outweighed by how much it will cost UC-Berkeley and thus be a major loss for the UC system.

It's all about money at a time when UC school ADs are in severe debt. Commish K has presented data to the UC Regents that the B1G move is not financially advantageous for UCLA. Or, if it is, the gain is small and outweighed by how much it will cost UC-Berkeley and thus be a major loss for the UC system.
fact, i think.

nothing is for sure but i think the tea leaves are suggesting that they will stay. it changes the landscape a whole bunch.

wilner thinks they will pull stanford as a replacement but i think they are more likely to raid more teams like uw, uo and so forth than grab stanford to be usc partner.

this **** is interesting.

Are you getting this from Wilner? It's nonsense. The deal is done. The Regents are posturing to say they did what they could in a CYA move. But ultimately, there's nothing they can do. They gone.

UC President Michael V. Drake said Thursday that UC officials followed all policies, including one that allows the university president to delegate authority to chancellors to execute their own contracts, including intercollegiate athletic agreements.

“What we did was follow the policies that were in place at the time, and I think that’s the way that we do things,” Drake said during brief remarks after the Thursday meeting. “We’ll have a chance to review things as we go forward, but that was the decision at the time.”

Board Chair Richard Leib emphasized that the proposal (a ban on delegating authority to campuses) is aimed at future campus actions.

Leib said (Kliavkoff's) letter “was not a game-changer because so much of the information was already out there.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2022-09-22/uc-campus-ucla-pac-12-big-ten

Last edited:
i am a bit surprised to hear that folks are having trouble with bandwidth on streaming the games...

i watch from rural (totally ****ty local cable co) and not-rural locations (fiber and cable) and the streams have been perfect so far. i also stream pretty much every Dodger game and can't remember when i last had an issue.

the issues some of you are having are almost for sure the pipes not the streaming service and it sucks to hear that so many people still have bandwidth issues into the home...
Well, mine is garbage. I don't watch more than one game at a time anyway so idgaf. Glad your streaming works, it doesn't in ****ing New Mexico.

Mine definitely isn't a bandwidth issue. I've had 4 streams going at once on different devices, with no issue whatsoever. For some reason, the audio/visual sync is an issue just with Prime livestreaming football.

Mine definitely isn't a bandwidth issue. I've had 4 streams going at once on different devices, with no issue whatsoever. For some reason, the audio/visual sync is an issue just with Prime livestreaming football.
interesting. i believe that the nfl requires a war room monitoring in live time for just these types of issues (a/v synch, etc.) so if this were a broadly seen problem, they would have adjusted delivery in real time. there are multiple feeds/deliveries and redundant sets of monitors on this stuff. or, there should be unless the nfl has recently lowered its standards, which i doubt. amazon, i think, would be required to address all of these things.

send them a note. seriously.

Back