What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Spring Practice Thread

He's a 3 what?
Moretti is, despite the gesture in the Showcase to run with the 1s for a few plays, not ready physically. He may very well continue to progress and start at some point. However, at this point, being third on the depth chart seems appropriate.

lol no. Did you not see him out there w the 1s? He's most likely going to be our starting left tackle and was in that position during the spring game.
Yes, I saw him in the Showcase and watched replay. Attended both open practices. He’s not ready for a starting assignment. I hope he continues to progress.

Yes, I saw him in the Showcase and watched replay. Attended both open practices. He’s not ready for a starting assignment. I hope he continues to progress.
After 5 months, I think he will be different physically, barring any set backs I see him starting somewhere on the oline. The other dark horse here is Ray.

In your esteemed opinion Doctor/Analyst Hawg who is more ready than Morretti (rolls off the tongue)? Vaughan, Lytle, Polley, Kaiser?

Bryce Bobo’s Career highlights. He changed our offense by emerging as the big bodied receiver. I seem to recall a spectacular one handed catch or two along the way as well. Thanks, Bryce!

Excited to see what they put together for Laguda. Kid could lay the wood.

when you watch these compilations? you would think we have been 11-2 seasons for the last 3/4 years

In your esteemed opinion Doctor/Analyst Hawg who is more ready than Morretti (rolls off the tongue)? Vaughan, Lytle, Polley, Kaiser?

Kaiser at this point. It’s reflected on the depth chart, not just my opinion.

Kaiser at this point. It’s reflected on the depth chart, not just my opinion.

People are giving you ****, but the only thing I am pretty certain about is Haigler is a starting tackle. Beyond that, there is a lot to work out and there might be a few tackles making starts by the end of the season.

People are giving you ****, but the only thing I am pretty certain about is Haigler is a starting tackle. Beyond that, there is a lot to work out and there might be a few tackles making starts by the end of the season.
I certainly hope Moretti is the real deal and can contribute this year. Rolling with Kaiser and Haigler at OT is scary. Haigler, I like, Kaiser, well.... If Lynott comes back near full speed, there is some hope. OL is still a HUGE question mark.

Moretti is a backup piece as a guard and tackle until he shows it in an actual game. 3rd string? Definitely not but we have no idea if he can hold up for long periods of time yet. Kaiser does need to have a short leash at tackle with Jake behind him though.

True. That's why arguing about who's a 1 vs. a 3 is silly and why I bothered to even post.
The other starting OT may not even be on campus yet. Filip, grad xfer, late JC add.

I think we'll see a bit of a rotation with Kaiser and Moretti this year. Kind of a repeat of what we saw with Kronshage and Haigler during Haigler's RS-Frosh year. Pure speculation based on coaches having a tendency to repeat things that worked for them in the past along with the nod our coaches seem to give to upperclassmen.

Based off Montez's comments, I think if Moretti is healthy he will be in the lineup. Assuming he has bulked up and is physically ready. This is a 4* OT and our line sucked last year. He looked really good at the spring game, and that was with barely any time doing contact drills. His pass blocking is still improving so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a RT. But I don't see a world with a healthy Moretti on the bench.
For me, the real question mark is Ray. Another 4* tackle who is an NFL body. He and Moretti are a class above what we have had recently. I would rather get them developing now.

Based off Montez's comments, I think if Moretti is healthy he will be in the lineup. Assuming he has bulked up and is physically ready. This is a 4* OT and our line sucked last year. He looked really good at the spring game, and that was with barely any time doing contact drills. His pass blocking is still improving so I wouldn't be surprised if he was a RT. But I don't see a world with a healthy Moretti on the bench.
For me, the real question mark is Ray. Another 4* tackle who is an NFL body. He and Moretti are a class above what we have had recently. I would rather get them developing now.

Moretti can be fully healthy and still not physically ready to be on the field as a starter. He has to build up the stamina to be able to grind at tackle for an entire game. He hasn't played in two years. Its going to be a work in progress.

Moretti can be fully healthy and still not physically ready to be on the field as a starter. He has to build up the stamina to be able to grind at tackle for an entire game. He hasn't played in two years. Its going to be a work in progress.
Just had to get his lower half back under him in terms of strength. His shoulders, chest and arms looks great compared to other lineman on the team and a pretty big upgrade. Lower back and core probably need some work as well.

Did you see the part where I included "and physically ready." Obviously if he is atrophied muscle city, he won't be out there.

Back