What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Texas A&M Pregame / Game Thread

Good effort, the offense let the team down. Just a couple of first downs would have won the game. But overall good game by the team. Continue to improve the passing game. May need to change OC. Chev is not creative enough. I don't think I saw any trick plays today.

Also who is teaching the recievers to break off their routes before they go beyond the first down sticks?

Setting aside the issue of whether or not we won this game --- which really isn't all that significant since we aren't going to be competitive this year anyway --- it's terrible and un-fun for fans to watch a team that struggles to move the ball to this degree.

The offense looked atrocious vs. UNC and many optimistically said that we were being vanilla on purpose. To be fair, that seems like a completely reasonable take, but right now it looks more like our offense is just straight up garbage.

Personally, I do not find college teams that can't score fun to watch. I would rather have a team that puts up a lot of points but struggles to defend than a team that can't do anything at all on offense. That's a false dichotomy, but really... how many yards of offense did we put together in the last 2.5 quarters of the game...?

Shame on me for having hope. We are still the prohibitive underdog, trying for miracle wins. Both the offense and defense were good enough, until the end. Two dropped/unable to execute pick sixes on the final drive, cover man inexplicably peeking into the backfield while on an island in man coverage on the final defensive drive. Of course if the defense elevates throughout the year the team is fine, but sans the last drive that was a defensive game for the ages. I am not sure how they could play any better.

Chev is a great buff, but he has shown little to no growth as a play caller in his coaching career. We had them on the ropes in the first half, and he just can't see the counter punches soon enough. And once we get into desperation time it looks to me like the players know the scheme is clearly understood by the opposing defense. Great effort, great game. I hate myself for being emotionally invested.

I remember 20 years ago. I was in the dorms, Cheyene Arapahoe hall. Came out of the shower, went back to my room, turned my tv on and I saw one of the planes hit one of the bldgs. I said WTF I said to myself that can't be real, must be fake. Ran out of the room, several people were saying we are under attack. I was shocked, couldn't move for a while.

We went so vanilla in play calling in the 2nd half. Don’t know how to win
We had a perfect opportunity to try and work the ball down field and open things up last week and we fiddle ****ed around and gained nothing by just running a million times against an inferior opponent.
May need to get more depth at tackle through the transfer portal and change the Offensive system. May need a new OC.

Truly a once in a lifetime loss to get this comment out of you.

I remember 20 years ago. I was in the dorms, Cheyene Arapahoe hall. Came out of the shower, went back to my room, turned my tv on and I saw one of the planes hit one of the bldgs. I said WTF I said to myself that can't be real, must be fake. Ran out of the room, several people were saying we are under attack. I was shocked, couldn't move for a while.
Wrong thread bud

Back