What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Washington State Game Thread (10/21, 8:45 on ESPN)

For reasons I cannot really explain, I have liked our chances in this game for awhile. But yeah, nothing would totally surprise me.
Our Buffs do seem to have a good history of beating Leach teams in years when the experts would say we've got no business beating them.

Anybody know if Javier has been practicing this week and is expected to play? Or are we not expecting him back until next week?

Anybody know if Javier has been practicing this week and is expected to play? Or are we not expecting him back until next week?
Haven't heard a word. Coaches may as well not say anything in order to make game planning for WSU include an unknown that requires a bit more work on their part.

I actually fear Wazzu running the ball more than their pass game. I think CU could whether the passing game a bit better, but if the weather dictates they run the ball more, or Leach is smart enough to run it more, then CU is in big trouble. CU can't stop anyone in the run game and Wazzu has a very effective run game.

Some of Wazzu's effectiveness in their run game is due to teams planning for their pass game, but they've taken a big step in the run game this year from what I've seen.

Haven't heard a word. Coaches may as well not say anything in order to make game planning for WSU include an unknown that requires a bit more work on their part.
Even getting Javier to play a few plays here or there could really help this struggling D-line.

We always wish for snow whenever a tough opponent comes to Boulder thinking we're better adapted to conditions here - don't you think Wazzu is thinking the same thing? They live in the rain.
The point I was making above. And USC always beats the **** out of us no matter what.

Eh, not quite. It sucks throwing the ball in the wind and rain, regardless of whether or not a team might sometimes practice in it (more like walk to class in it). The altitude is actually something our player physically adapt to just be living here.
Except THEIR qb runs for 325 yards while our D is sucking oxygen hoses.

Even getting Javier to play a few plays here or there could really help this struggling D-line.
Really? Unless I’m mistaken, his defensive skill involves standing straight up at the snap and watching ANY back run right past him.

Really? Unless I’m mistaken, his defensive skill involves standing straight up at the snap and watching ANY back run right past him.
His job is to take up blockers, not make tackles. He hasn't been great at it this year, but we need all dlineman (especially NT) that we can get. Front 7 is as bad as you can get and any injury makes a big difference.

Well...there are only a handful of hotels in this "Pullman" village. A friend and I are roadtripping from Portland, so if anyone knows of a good place (hotel or just general town en route back to Portland) to crash hit me up! We aint spending over $284 a night in some podunk hotel that probably has a cow for a neighbor...

Washington-State-Universitys-Greek-Row-Map.gif

Well let's hope Javier is ready to play man, I've yet to see much of anything from him.
The 3-4 rush scheme is designed to collapse the pocket creating rush lanes for the fourth rusher, be it ILB, OLB or Buff. CU does not have the personnel up front nor the speed to execute this basic princiile. It is inexcusable that this is happening in year 5.

What does DJ know about defending air raid?
I'm not going to look it up specifically, but he's played and coached at the college level for 20 years. Pretty sure that Air Raid wouldn't be something all that exotic to him.

I'm not going to look it up specifically, but he's played and coached at the college level for 20 years. Pretty sure that Air Raid wouldn't be something all that exotic to him.
I went back through his history. It’s not immediately apparent where/when he schemed against the air raid. Maybe Tulsa in 2006 as LB coach. Maybe you can find something different. This is a big game for him.

I went back through his history. It’s not immediately apparent where/when he schemed against the air raid. Maybe Tulsa in 2006 as LB coach. Maybe you can find something different. This is a big game for him.
When he was at Rice, he definitely practiced against an innovative offense that spread things out in space. Pretty sure that was Herman's as OC when he was there. Not air raid, but same type of strategic priorities.

OK.

I hope he slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night. That would make me feel better than facing Houston years ago as a basis for facing Falk and Leach’s air raid.

We’ll see how he does tonight. Maybe he has it in him. I dont see it based on experience.

Weather forecast has slowly improved over the last 24 hours. Now essentially a coin flip if it is raining the 4th quarter - but still heavy winds.

upload_2017-10-21_19-20-39.png

Back