What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

OL and run game better than I had thought

I think you're spot on here. There are a good 30 players on this roster that are here because they wouldn't make it onto any other P5 rosters. We're carrying a LOW G5 roster at the moment. Just to add: Kopp and all 3 of those TEs are free to leave as well.
I suppose the fact that neither Fauria or Olsen have seen the field much to this point means you’re probably right.

Honestly, I see a fairly blank canvas for a new HC to work with, which is appealing IF he's able to hit the transfer portal hard. After telling myself (and trying to convince others) that returning 4/5 OL starters and adding an Alabama transfer was going to mean substantially better OL play, I have learned my lesson in that we simply don't have much talent on the OL. I'm hopeful that Carter and Gray can develop quickly and push for starting time, but there should probably be a decent amount of attrition in the OL room.

Since we're on the subject...

I can hope that Venn and Hankerson are good players, but that's just hope. Fontenot needs to be part of the attrition this offseason, as does Stacks. Smith can hang around as the veteran guy who has produced a little, but a new starter should be easy to find via transfer.

I'm also out on our veteran WRs. Arias, Bell, and Jackson all need to go. Sneed will be gone (I think?). Penry, Tyson, Robinson, Page and Sowell should be the only scholarship WRs that are kept.

Drew Carter and Brendan Lewis should both look elsewhere, IMO. Keep Shrout, McCown and Kopp (I guess), but a high caliber transfer is an absolute MUST.

TE might be the only room on offense I'm fine with seeing how the current guys develop (Fauria, Smith and Olsen).

Maybe this belongs in the Barzil Attrition Thread, but I see some serious attrition needed on offense and hopefully a new coach completely overhaul the roster.
Shrout and Kopp should prob be looking elsewhere too.

I suppose the fact that neither Fauria or Olsen have seen the field much to this point means you’re probably right.
Was thinking about this the other day. I know everyone here loves Brady Russell, and I do, too. The guy has worked hard and is a good Buffalo.

I think one of the reasons Brady Russell is thought of as one of the better players on the CU offense has more to do with how precipitously the quality of player on offense has declined since Brady got here.

What I wouldn't give to have Viska, Rice, Broussard, or Montez back (or even Trayvon McMillian for that matter).

View attachment 54514

Woof.

Take out the sacks and it's still a 3.32 YPC average.
23 for 88 yards from the RBs.

Rough day. UCLA absolutely dominated in the trenches (both sides).

It didn't look so much like we were losing 1-on-1s as we were failing to recognize and pick up assignments, understand gaps, etc.

Other than a significant speed deficit, I thought the performance was mostly mental mistakes rather than being physically outmanned. Actually looked like we were bigger than UCLA in the trenches.

23 for 88 yards from the RBs.

Rough day. UCLA absolutely dominated in the trenches (both sides).

It didn't look so much like we were losing 1-on-1s as we were failing to recognize and pick up assignments, understand gaps, etc.

Other than a significant speed deficit, I thought the performance was mostly mental mistakes rather than being physically outmanned. Actually looked like we were bigger than UCLA in the trenches.
As we’ve seen, bigger hasn’t equated to better.

The players we have should be as talented as Oregon State or WSU players, who are competitive with anyone in the league.

competent head coach and DC would fix a lot of this. Even position coaches look bad when the system is bad. OC for me is hard to judge.

Back