What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oregon and Oregon State games both POSTPONED

Well, part of the long term strategy is figuring out protocols where players aren’t being forced to sit out when they are vaccinated and boosted, and also asymptomatic. My point is, we are eventually going to have to treat it like any other sickness/flu where a player who doesn’t feel well and is exuding symptoms, doesn’t play.
No more flu games!

If a school like CU ignored their own protocols and standards, and a guy with prior problems (i.e. EB's 2 heart issues) 'over-reacted' to Omicron and died, the school would be F'd, and there would be no defense to the law suits. (And, it would be sad for the player)

Well, part of the long term strategy is figuring out protocols where players aren’t being forced to sit out when they are vaccinated and boosted, and also asymptomatic. My point is, we are eventually going to have to treat it like any other sickness/flu where a player who doesn’t feel well and is exuding symptoms, doesn’t play.
There aren't too many other sicknesses that are contagious AND killed over 800,000 Americans and over 4.2 million people globally in just over 2 years. So, we really can't treat it like the others because it isn't.

I think the prevalence of Omicron and how it's ripping through the vaccinated population too is going to change things. Hopefully this really does turn into the cold. Just too early to tell. I bet things are very different by the fall.

Good interview with Craig Spencer on what Omicron is like. Super mild if you're either boosted or vaxxed with Pfizer or Moderna (and I would assume don't have any other issues) based on what he's seen.

This might be a good thing for this team-had we played Kansas, Oregon, and Oregon State.....how would we have done? 1-2?

There aren't too many other sicknesses that are contagious AND killed over 800,000 Americans and over 4.2 million people globally in just over 2 years. So, we really can't treat it like the others because it isn't.
I don't see how those numbers are relevant what I said about being vaxxed, boosted and asymptomatic.

In other and new news, CDC is reducing the number days in isolation by half

Ask Jabari or other NBA prospects if it’s impactful to have marquee games canceled.

So that is your bar, zero risk? Better just shutdown the season then.
Marquee? The Oregon teams are 9-16.

Last edited:
Marquee? The Oregon teams are 9-16z
Come on counselor, you know by combining the 2-10 Beavs record with Oregon you can attempt to make both teams seem similarly inept. Nice try.
It’s true Oregon isn’t having one of their typical seasons, but the games against the Ducks are some of the bigger exposure games left on the schedule. Perhaps only UCLA is bigger at this point.

Come on counselor, you know by combining the 2-10 Beavs record with Oregon you can attempt to make both teams seem similarly inept. Nice try.
It’s true Oregon isn’t having one of their typical seasons, but the games against the Ducks are some of the bigger exposure games left on the schedule. Perhaps only UCLA is bigger at this point.
??? You don't think the Arizona or USC games will be bigger than Oregon? Both have NBA talent and are highly ranked.

USC and Arizona are in the top 10 nationally along with UCLA. Oregon sucks. Their best win is only losing to Baylor by 8. Oregon State also sucks.

USC and Arizona are in the top 10 nationally along with UCLA. Oregon sucks. Their best win is only losing to Baylor by 8. Oregon State also sucks.
True, I forgot about Arizona. I still don’t think any of the players want to just forego these opportunities.

Will we be at full strength?

We’re in the middle of a pandemic with record high case numbers as a mutation is ripping through the population.

Be my guest if you feel comfortable making predictions given these circumstances.

We’re in the middle of a pandemic with record high case numbers as a mutation is ripping through the population.

Be my guest if you feel comfortable making predictions given these circumstances.
It is really bad here in Colorado. The maskless freedumbasses abounding whilst a super contagious variant makes finding tests impossible.

It is really bad here in Colorado. The maskless freedumbasses abounding whilst a super contagious variant makes finding tests impossible.
FYI for those that have kids in school or have family members that work for schools. They have a program set up where you can get some free tests sent to your house. I've been able to order two sets of four in the last 2 months because of potential outbreaks at the school. It's a bit hit or miss (my third request I still haven't heard back on from a week ago) but the option is there. Check with your local school on how.

I just checked a bunch of testing sites here and while some don’t have appointments for a few days, many of them do have open slots available every day this week. Not sure why you’re finding it impossible.

My daughter went to a drive up and got one with about a 20 minute wait yesterday. PCR. Results due tomorrow.

It may be harder to find the quick tests.

I just checked a bunch of testing sites here and while some don’t have appointments for a few days, many of them do have open slots available every day this week. Not sure why you’re finding it impossible.

Probably talking at home tests. They’re damn near impossible to find.

Probably talking at home tests. They’re damn near impossible to find.
Sure I guess, but without specifying that, it’s inaccurate. People can get tested within 24 hours of needing with many options.

Sure I guess, but without specifying that, it’s inaccurate. People can get tested within 24 hours of needing with many options.
No man. There is no way to test 24 hours before going to visit your in laws in Kansas.

NO WAY I TELL YOU.

I’m going back to DC on Friday. We called 30 places today. Nothing until next week.

No man. There is no way to test 24 hours before going to visit your in laws in Kansas.

NO WAY I TELL YOU.
Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

Omicron is looking like a best case scenario. It appears to be more infectious than the common cold, and is crowding out the delta and all prior variants at 96 percent of cases. The best case part comes because it is 70-80% likely to be serious (e.g. require hospitalization). Throw on more good news with the new Pfizer pill, and there is unlikely to be any more need for the Covid regimens on basketball teams.

Back